Engine Restorer oil additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
    RPMs are good for the car... even if you slow walk every gear to redline, it's a good thing.

maw
    You may be right, but getting to the redline other than WOT will not be something I'll be doing. Full load on the motor AFAIC.

Comment

I do both... slow walk for warmup... WOT for hooning... YMMV but the point remains... RPM are good.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        I do both... slow walk for warmup... WOT for hooning... YMMV but the point remains... RPM are good.

maw
        Sure, slow during warm up, but slow to redline after...not feeling it.

Comment

check this out.

Liqui Moly MoS2 Anti Friction lubricant extends the life of your S54 rod bearings, which is a costly procedure to replace. And this oil treatment works.
          Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

I've had good results with BG44k, currently just using Amsoil P.I. once a year, and run the Amsoil engine/transmission cleaner before each oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
              It's on build journal, so it's either wrong or stolen. Which is this?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
                "Our snake oil we sell will magically solve your rod bearing problem"
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Load is good but rpm just reduces longevity.

Good oil and sensible oci and move on with life

i wouldn’t be using oil flush

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

It's on build journal, so it's either wrong or stolen. Which is this?
                    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 BMW ///M3
                    ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
                    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

LOL!!!
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=9751403.gif
Views:	453
Size:	969.2 KB
ID:	117160
                        😂😂😂😂

Comment

just to be clear, I don't believe in any of this additive BS

I just shared a link LOL.
                          Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

I'm read several times over the years all this stuff is snake oil. Is this just due to people's closed minded pessimism or has there been any sort of real data? Why do people blindly assume either way?

I don't doubt most of the stuff out there is garbage but it's always funny to me how people's knee jerk reaction is snake oil! snake oil! You mean to tell me there isn't one chemist or group of chemists that have formulated something that could possibly work? This stuff has been going on forums since forums existed, then one person will come along and prove everyone wrong and then all of a sudden there are believers out there haha. It's like people are embarrassed to think for themselves.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              I'm read several times over the years all this stuff is snake oil. Is this just due to people's closed minded pessimism or has there been any sort of real data? Why do people blindly assume either way?

I don't doubt most of the stuff out there is garbage but it's always funny to me how people's knee jerk reaction is snake oil! snake oil! You mean to tell me there isn't one chemist or group of chemists that have formulated something that could possibly work? This stuff has been going on forums since forums existed, then one person will come along and prove everyone wrong and then all of a sudden there are believers out there haha. It's like people are embarrassed to think for themselves.
                              because the party making a claim carries the burden of proof
                              2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

I understand that but is it preposterous to consider for one second that say a liqui moly or some such product works? So guilty until proven innocent? Even if they do prove it with tests would you believe them?

To be clear I have no horse in this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X