Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension settings question - Picture request BBS RC or Arc-8's

Hi All,

I wanted to get some suggestions on the suspension settings like front/rear camber and toe for the new wheel/tire setup that I am going for. I would really appreciate it if you could share pictures and suspension settings if you are running a similar wheel setup with close or exact measurements to mine. The ideal setting would help me to achieve a comfortable streetcar without any rubbing and a good stance.

Setup that I am going for:
    Wheels: BBS RC | Front RC303 18x8.5 ET38 | Rear RC301 18x10 ET25
    Tires: Michelin PS4S | Front 245/40/18 | Rear 275/35/18

Many folks are running Apex ARC-8 wheels which are based on BBS RC's, so I will really appreciate it if you can pitch in,

Thanks in advance.
    _Singh
    Last edited by Singh; 07-29-2021, 01:33 PM.
    -Singh
    2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
    BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
    Besian

Those should be a pretty easy fitment on the E46 M3 and shouldn't require anything extreme.
    2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
      Those should be a pretty easy fitment on the E46 M3 and shouldn't require anything extreme.
      Thanks. I was interested to see what other folks have learned by tweaking the camber settings for a perfect stance
      -Singh
      Besian

Comment

There is no perfect. Whatever you want. Some want extreme poke, others like a tucked look. Buy the wheels you want, then get spacers in 3mm or 5m and 10mm and play around with that and your camber (lower control arm).

* Toe will go further in as you increase the length of lower control arm balljoint to diff (more neg camber)
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          There is no perfect. Whatever you want. Some want extreme poke, others like a tucked look. Buy the wheels you want, then get spacers in 3mm or 5m and 10mm and play around with that and your camber (lower control arm).

* Toe will go further in as you increase the length of lower control arm balljoint to diff (more neg camber)
          Thank you for the tip. I want to stay away from spacers, or at least trying to
          -Singh
          Besian

Comment

Going by memory, you probably want to be in this range for a street car:

Front:
            Camber: -2.0 to -2.5 deg
            Toe: 0

Rear:
            Camber: -1.5 to -2.0 deg
            Toe: 1/8" total in
            2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1362.JPG Views:	0 Size:	629.9 KB ID:	117743

18x8.5 et38 with anything over say 1.6ish camber will be heavily inset while the rear at 18x10 et25 is going to be pretty flush. I'm 19x9 et28 and 2 degrees camber on the front with no rub. 19x10 et25 in the rear.
              Last edited by oceansize; 07-29-2021, 04:02 PM.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Agreed, you probably won't be happy with 8.5"et38 with a reasonable (or more) amount of camber in without spacers.

CSL 8.5"et44 looks quite sunken without any spacer. I even wish it looked more aggressive than with the 15mm that I run...
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
                  Going by memory, you probably want to be in this range for a street car:

Front:
                  Camber: -2.0 to -2.5 deg
                  Toe: 0

Rear:
                  Camber: -1.5 to -2.0 deg
                  Toe: 1/8" total in
                  Thank you sir 👍
                  -Singh
                  Besian

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

18x8.5 et38 with anything over say 1.6ish camber will be heavily inset while the rear at 18x10 et25 is going to be pretty flush. I'm 19x9 et28 and 2 degrees camber on the front with no rub. 19x10 et25 in the rear.
                    Thank you for the tip 👍, Your car looks sweet
                    -Singh
                    Besian

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Agreed, you probably won't be happy with 8.5"et38 with a reasonable (or more) amount of camber in without spacers.

CSL 8.5"et44 looks quite sunken without any spacer. I even wish it looked more aggressive than with the 15mm that I run...
                      You are right man, I will probably test out some spacers in the front 🤝
                      -Singh
                      Besian

Comment

I have the bbs RGR in 18x8.5 et38 in front and it's an easy fitment. Helluva lot better than the stock wheels but not aggressive where you need to be careful about rubbing. Running stock camber for tire life they look nice.

Comment

That is awesome sir, thanks for chiming in. Are you running any spacers upfront? Would love to see some pictures as well.

Got the below settings from the build journal:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          -Singh
                          Besian

Comment

paging Obioban
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

18x10 et25 rear
                              18x8.5 et38 front
                              no spacers
                              stock alignment
                              dinan springs

Comment

Working...
                              X