What a clown. Who watches this shit?

"We have to modify it to have some semblance of hope that it doesn't suck"
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

In on this.

there's something about the e46m3 exhaust design that F's it all up. The S54 swap cars sound awesome, but for whatever reason the stock e46 exhaust is probably the worst ever from an acoustic perspective.

The sound in that video is 90% airbox-- that's why it sounds good.

A good sounding S54 has a quiet muffler and a loud airbox 100% of the time.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
        Ok damn, he's dropping some heavy hits.
        Lmao he talks about this forum and people bitching about him. Im pretty sure this video was his "response". Knowing that I wouldnt take much of his harsh words too seriously
        Gave me a good chuckle

Comment

I wish he was more like Ryan Schultz from E39Source. That’s the kind of OCD I can get behind. It is amusing how easily impressed he is by EAG though. Can you believe they sent him new floor mats after he spent $65k on an M3? The same “thoroughly vetted” one that he plans on replacing trim on, lol.
          Last edited by stephen; 08-17-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            What the fuck is he talking about?

"Ragged out" ? wrung out?

Also calls it an old man’s car, albeit a “cool old man’s car”

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The sound in that video is 90% airbox-- that's why it sounds good.

A good sounding S54 has a quiet muffler and a loud airbox 100% of the time.
              the stock exhaust is quiet, but horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

the stock exhaust is quiet, but horrendous.
                Needs more resonators.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Did anyone make it through an hour+ of that video?

I made it about 4 minutes before I realized my eyes had glazed over and I wasn't even actually listening...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Here is the timestamp where he goes in hard on what he dislikes about the car. Basically he hates the way it sounds stock. Calls it hot garbage, thing is, he isn't wrong. When I first bought my car I had the same thoughts because I had driven cars that were amazing. The problem is that his entire argument is built around sound, weird. He does say he likes the way it looks from every angle and mentions a carbon roof panel installation plus karb csl box. Ultimately this guy is not my cup of tea and I find him insanely dry.

He also references EAG being not up to his standards and then turns around and says EAG is great for most people. Sheesh.... ok man, ok.
                    Last edited by oceansize; 08-17-2021, 02:06 PM.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Well he says “it’s looks great from pretty much every angle.”
                      Hates the “boring sound” of it stock.

But man does he lay into the tinny rasp sound of the E46 M3. A bit over the top on complaint on sound inho. Been so long since I had it stock sounding, but I know I didn’t love it. But it wasn’t that horrendous.

Personal opinion on sound isn’t gonna make any friends in the haters. Even when none of them will prefer stock just you wait and see.
                      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

What the fuck is he talking about?

"Ragged out" ? wrung out?

He’s lookin at you T.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I still can't get over the fact that people watch other people wash their car
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                            Basically he hates the way it sounds stock. Calls it hot garbage, thing is, he isn't wrong. When I first bought my car I had the same thoughts because I had driven cars that were amazing. The problem is that his entire argument is built around sound, weird. He does say he likes the way it looks from every angle and mentions a carbon roof panel installation plus karb csl box.
                            Dang you posted just about same stuff I posted at same time. Your post wasn’t even up yet when I was typing.

Agreed.
                            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              Here is the timestamp where he goes in hard on what he dislikes about the car. Basically he hates the way it sounds stock. Calls it hot garbage, thing is, he isn't wrong. When I first bought my car I had the same thoughts because I had driven cars that were amazing. The problem is that his entire argument is built around sound, weird. He does say he likes the way it looks from every angle and mentions a carbon roof panel installation plus karb csl box. Ultimately this guy is not my cup of tea and I'm find him insanely dry.

He also references EAG being not up to his standards and then turns around and says EAG is great for most people. Sheesh.... ok man, ok.
                              I thinks it's pretty much agreed that a stock car doesnt sound particularly inspiring from the back end, but damn really, at 8k RPM you're not living at little... X for doubt. Also E46 exhaust note over F80/G80, lost me there. Part of the issue maybe he's in love with the E90, and I get it. Also the E36 sounds amazing with a cheap muffler, also get it.

E46 exhaust note is not why you get this car. The roads that he drives on, from his videos dont seem to really let him know where this thing comes into its own. The thing is ppl held in higher stead disagree with basically his whole argument and place this as 1st among all M3s. It's refreshing to see different points of view, just a bit lost here tbh.
                              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I still can't get over the fact that people watch other people wash their car
                                Id watch you, wash your car, start a channel. DO IT.
                                2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Working...
                                X