No announcement yet.

Matt from OG picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M539 is great, but not really a car reviewer :P.

... I can't believe he hasn't done an e46 M3 yet.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
      I'll throw out Speed Academy for the two guys mucking around in the garage concept. They are incredibly down to earth and even if I don't necessarily like what they are working on I almost always learn something. They absolutely beat the hell out of that dude, who resembles the floating Barron Harkonnen from Dune, rolling around in his chair washing his cars.
      Ha! The floating Barron Harkonnen - now that is funny.
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        M539 is great, but not really a car reviewer :P.

... I can't believe he hasn't done an e46 M3 yet.
        His allegiance is to the worst steering BMW of all time.

I said what I said.
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

M539 is awesome. You guys see his last video on the e30? Just finished the build and then immediately had a pretty bad single car accident (he is fine). Incredibly bad luck (driving?).
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

His allegiance is to the worst steering BMW of all time.

I said what I said.
            Lol, that's clearly wrong. V8 e39 steering certainly isn't amazing, but it's better than any EPS (modern BMW). It's pretty similar to every 5 series prior to the e39, which use the same setup. Really, in the 5 series, only e39 non V8 and e60 M5 steering is actually better :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I'll throw out Speed Academy for the two guys mucking around in the garage concept. They are incredibly down to earth and even if I don't necessarily like what they are working on I almost always learn something. They absolutely beat the hell out of that dude, who resembles the floating Barron Harkonnen from Dune, rolling around in his chair washing his cars.
              speed academy is great for a build channel/sponsor showcase. kind of a bummer they dont spend the time to fine tune their finished builds but understandably that's not where the money is for them

i remember one thing that turned me off from OG was when i was considering buying his curated garden hose. it was pricey but i liked the blue colored continental rubber he spec'd for it. when i went to check the shipping price it was exorbitant, pretty much the cost of the hose itself, and because i had to give an email to find out the shipping price, i got auto-subscribed to his email list and was bombarded by reminders to buy the hose after that.

he really does come off as a rich bored guy whose primary goal is to make more money and imo its very off-putting

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Lol, that's clearly wrong. V8 e39 steering certainly isn't amazing, but it's better than any EPS (modern BMW). It's pretty similar to every 5 series prior to the e39, which use the same setup. Really, in the 5 series, only e39 non V8 and e60 M5 steering is actually better :P
                Ok fine, pre EPS it's the worst.

My X5 steers better.
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Ok fine, pre EPS it's the worst.

My X5 steers better.
                  Looks like the 6 cylinder 2004 X5 uses R&P like a 6 cylinder e39, so I believe it.

That doesn't mean the M5 is the worst-- e.g. 2002, e28, e34, e38, etc etc all used steering boxes like the V8 e39s, so ~equal. Everything they made with active steering is pretty terrible-- worse than the steering box cars. Everything they've made with EPS is junk. The F10 M5 somehow manages to be R&P and junk.

Lots of BMWs with equal or worse steering than the e39 M5
                  (also lots with better, including everything R&P other than F10-- like the X5)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I made a purchase from OG that is a quality product. I’m a weekend warrior detailer and I bought the Cox Reel and a 75 foot hose. It is it is light years away from the shitty, coil, prone misery of your standard big box store hose. I’m sure you can find a comparable product elsewhere, but I went with them for simplicity.

That being said, the reel is still overpriced and I’d rather cannonball into a wood-chipper than watch 2 hour long wash and chats about his new houses and bespoke fittings. Also, the “unboxing” of the entire Milwaukee catalog is kind of hilarious in a way they probably didn’t intend….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Got it thanks guys.
                      Last edited by jet_dogg; 01-07-2022, 10:23 AM.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                        Why did the original post and thread starter disappear leaving my reply as the first post? This doesn't appear on the front page for me I guess due to some weird glitch.

Who was the thread starter? I'm guessing he was trying to delete this thread somehow.
                        I see the first post by "maxima se" so must be something particular to what you are using.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I see the first post by "maxima se" so must be something particular to what you are using.
                          +1
                          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

speed academy is great for a build channel/sponsor showcase. kind of a bummer they dont spend the time to fine tune their finished builds but understandably that's not where the money is for them

i remember one thing that turned me off from OG was when i was considering buying his curated garden hose. it was pricey but i liked the blue colored continental rubber he spec'd for it. when i went to check the shipping price it was exorbitant, pretty much the cost of the hose itself, and because i had to give an email to find out the shipping price, i got auto-subscribed to his email list and was bombarded by reminders to buy the hose after that.

he really does come off as a rich bored guy whose primary goal is to make more money and imo its very off-putting
                            Yes indeed boring, I tried my best to watch his videos but he does the same thing over and over again wash and talks about nothing, he did not enjoy the E46 that was apparent.

Comment

Whenever I hear "Obessed Garage" all I can picture are the dEtAiLeRz out there that he's "inspired bro"

Comment

Working...
                              X