No announcement yet.

Matt from OG picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys do know his just an old money finance guy right? His not making any money from these videos. Money is being rained on him from interest.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tones View Post
      You guys do know his just an old money finance guy right? His not making any money from these videos. Money is being rained on him from interest.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
      He makes money from selling garage improvement services and related products on his website. Cars are his marketing.

He's a smart dude and made something cool out of his OCD, hats off to him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tones View Post
        You guys do know his just an old money finance guy right?...
        Umm..... No.

The guy is in his early 40s and spent less than 15 years in finance. I'm more of "an old money finance guy" than he is and I definitely don't qualify. Unless his parents and grandparents were wealthy (possible), he's definitely not "old money". Hell, he's likely neither "old" nor "money" as that term is used. I just realized he's the detail products guy -- that's actually useful content for me, having grown up detailing cars in the 80's.

maw

Comment

To think we used to have David E. Davis Jr, Ken Purdy, and Denis Jenkinson.

I don't know, I find practically every modern car culture personality insufferable.

Comment

he paid 120k for the e92. And he already has 50k worth of mods on order to build the same car as his lemans lolol. This is on top of the 100K+ into the E36 project this year. Can someone do the math abs tell me where all this money is coming from ?? Certainly not from YouTube views or his store.
            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
              https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1886876

he paid 120k for the e92. And he already has 50k worth of mods on order to build the same car as his lemans lolol. This is on top of the 100K+ into the E36 project this year. Can someone do the math abs tell me where all this money is coming from ?? Certainly not from YouTube views or his store.
              Good question. My opinion, he's a YouTube enabled RENNtech back in the day. Nothing new under the sun. (1) Some zealot will buy the modified car when he's done = 100% recoup + profit; (2) He'll make "click and advertise" money as well as product endorsement money along the way; and finally (3) Some auction house will buy the enterprise (Haggerty, McGuiars, BaT, Hemmings, whoever) after a while. Loans and "investors" will carry him in the meantime. It's not a hard business model to understand. Just look at Wheeler Dealers forever -- Mike Brewer ain't doing it to lose money. Only here, it's YouTube instead of TV.

maw

PS… maybe more Wheeler Dealers than RENNTech but a mix of the two…
              Last edited by maw1124; 12-30-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Lol after 4 months with the E46 he is selling it and buying another e92 lol...he must truly love the S65...it does sound glorious!

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

I don't know, I find practically every modern car culture personality insufferable.

savagegeese seems to be a universal favorite among enthusiasts, especially after toning down the edginess in his videos

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

savagegeese seems to be a universal favorite among enthusiasts, especially after toning down the edginess in his videos
                    He’s my favorite on YouTube atm. His guest, Jack is awesome too!

Comment

Jason Cammisa is the only journalist where I feel like... he's driving the same cars as me when he describes the experience. So, He's my go to for what I'll actually enjoy driving. He also gives fun historical context.

Savagegeese is great for getting some level of technical detail on the car, which rarely exists anywhere else. My driving tastes don't exactly align with him, but I don't think they're ever anything but honest about what they're experiencing.

Henry Catchpole is pretty good, but suffers a bit too much from... everything is awesome disorder. Everything is very much not awesome.

I pretty much don't watch anyone else at this point.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I like the two guys on the TV show Everyday Driver that plays Saturday mornings on Motortrend, I belive they have a YouTube channel as well and have done a full show on the M3 generations which I have yet to see.

I will have to check out some of these suggestions, I really don't watch YouTube unless it's a DIY or something similar.
                        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Jason Cammisa is great. His partner in crime on the Carmudgeon show David Tam-Scott has some great stuff on some really interesting cars. BTS with DTS. More art than review, but I like them.

Jesse
                          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

I'll throw out Speed Academy for the two guys mucking around in the garage concept. They are incredibly down to earth and even if I don't necessarily like what they are working on I almost always learn something. They absolutely beat the hell out of that dude, who resembles the floating Barron Harkonnen from Dune, rolling around in his chair washing his cars.
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Hagerty, particularly JC, and m539 are the only car related channels I watch. I used to watch some og but not anymore unless the topic interests me.

I tried to watch savagegeese once and he was so comically far off his assessment of a car that left me scratching my head and wondering how this guy was a car reviewer, then never watched him again.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                                I'll throw out Speed Academy for the two guys mucking around in the garage concept. They are incredibly down to earth and even if I don't necessarily like what they are working on I almost always learn something. They absolutely beat the hell out of that dude, who resembles the floating Barron Harkonnen from Dune, rolling around in his chair washing his cars.
                                I was just going to mention Speed Academy. Always enjoy the videos they make and they seem like super nice dudes.

Edit: Oh and M539 is great too
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X