No announcement yet.

Matt from OG picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sect 2 is most responsible for rasp. You can do an SS/RE/SGT x pipe and a 2.5" muffler like SS/scza/dinan and pretty much kill it even without res/cats in sect 1. plus stock sect 1 does have 1 res.

Unres SS dual pipe 2.5" sect 2 with 2.5" SCZA also killed my rasp with catless/unres sect 1
    Last edited by Tbonem3; 08-13-2021, 02:08 PM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      Nice car BMWahba , but you would have been better off reviewing your own car . I could only watch 30 sec of his video and in that 30 sec of skipping through, IMO he sounds like he does not care about owning an E46M.

If anyone wants higher quality content from an enthusiast who really shows that they enjoy owning their E46M (and an E36M GT, Z3M, E30M), I suggest checking out Driven34 (has English subtitles) -

Visited and met him in person. He's the real deal BMW enthusiast. Let me rip on the CSL as well. What a guy.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

That dudes video made me cringe so hard I stopped watching 2 minutes in..

Comment

Took about 10 words out of his mouth for me to turn it off.
          BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Problem with that is, you only know how it sounds with those particular headers, sect 1, sect 2

Airbox also slightly changes the sound

But that's still a cool thing to do.
            I'm hoping her goes all out and does complete setups and not just mufflers. It sounds like he has an idea they go hand and hand.
            2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
            2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
            2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

He's not going to be swapping out headers left and right bro.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Does he even wrench?
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Does he even wrench?
                  He’s removed/installed quite a few headers and exhausts on his past three gt3’s on jack stands. He’s actually installed most of his mods now that i think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

He’s removed/installed quite a few headers and exhausts on his past three gt3’s on jack stands. He’s actually installed most of his mods now that i think about it.
                    Headers on a GT3 is pretty easy - good access to all bolts, everything drops right out. Less then 2 hours for a full exhaust easily. Doing headers on a e46 M3 is waaaay longer lol
                    2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
                    2008 M3 6spd
                    2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
                    2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

Originally posted by big greasy taco View Post
                      Doing headers on a e46 M3 is waaaay longer lol
                      Agreed, but don’t forget that OCD doesn’t care about time.
                      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Headers on a GT3 is pretty easy - good access to all bolts, everything drops right out. Less then 2 hours for a full exhaust easily. Doing headers on a e46 M3 is waaaay longer lol
                        I didn’t know this was a competition of who does more manual labor. I just answered the question is all

Comment

But it also seems like labor cost is not as big a deal to him as it would be for most.

Hey I'm just being hopeful lol. I understand how ridiculous of a task that would be.
                          Last edited by SandeepM3; 08-16-2021, 07:01 PM.
                          2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                          2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                          2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

First post. Tough reading through all the pretentious posts here but excited to see why EAG taxed so much. I will say I'm not entirely impressed by them.

On the rasp, when I purchased this e46 m3 in spring I knew rasp was controversial, but I wasn't prepared for it. I saw the word "Kazoo" above...pretty accurate. To me, it sounded like a civic me and my friends would cringe at 20 years ago.

I have since resolved that, but why do we attribute this rasp to the S54 engine when changing out section 2 fixes it? Is the rasp being generated in the engine, and the stock section 2 simply allows it to pollute the air for some reason? Or is it simply due to the OEM section 2's design? Looks like section 2 to me, but interested in all of your input since you have way more experience with this engine than I do.

If anyone is curious, Rogue Engineering has section 2 fully figured out. I no longer cringe when I'm in the higher rev range, just smiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sbl View Post
                              First post. Tough reading through all the pretentious posts here but excited to see why EAG taxed so much. I will say I'm not entirely impressed by them.

On the rasp, when I purchased this e46 m3 in spring I knew rasp was controversial, but I wasn't prepared for it. I saw the word "Kazoo" above...pretty accurate. To me, it sounded like a civic me and my friends would cringe at 20 years ago.

I have since resolved that, but why do we attribute this rasp to the S54 engine when changing out section 2 fixes it? Is the rasp being generated in the engine, and the stock section 2 simply allows it to pollute the air for some reason? Or is it simply due to the OEM section 2's design? Looks like section 2 to me, but interested in all of your input since you have way more experience with this engine than I do.

If anyone is curious, Rogue Engineering has section 2 fully figured out. I no longer cringe when I'm in the higher rev range, just smiles.
                              In on this.

there's something about the e46m3 exhaust design that F's it all up. The S54 swap cars sound awesome, but for whatever reason the stock e46 exhaust is probably the worst ever from an acoustic perspective.

Comment

Ok damn, he's dropping some heavy hits.

2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Working...
                                X