Matt from OG picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
    I feel like a lot of people who mod cars think this way on some level.
    Yep.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by M3S54E46 View Post
      Found this Video summary of Matt's review of the E46 m3 on youtube. Sums his thoughts up pretty well i would say lol..
      This is just going to bring out the same earlier negative posters on a thread that hasn’t had anything new added to it. Seems rather unnecessary to stir the pot for no need and no new material imho.

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        He mentioned s54 just isn't for him in a more recent video too.

I predict he will be singing a different tune once it's all done as he's very fickle.
        What doesn’t he like about the S54?

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

its almost as if this guys shtick is to trash talk cars and then "fix" what he thinks are the shortcomings so he can pat himself on the back about how smart he is and how dumb everyone else is for liking them in their stock form
          I think that's a bit cynical and narrow-minded. I relate more to his sentiment towards a stock E46 M3 than not. I am not saying he is right on everything. I understand how he can be agitating. Some of that is due to a frank outlook on things which I enjoy more than hearing someone wax poetic with blinders on. I like that he is willing to sample and compare different items, whether a specific part or an entire vehicle. I wish he condensed the video content but that's his choice.
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

You guys should remember. He doesn't like track time, as mentioned in one of his videos. I think the only true way to determine if something has improved the car performance wise is taking the car close to limit. And of course lap time improvement. If you're not doing that, then how do you know if it's truly an improvement.

Because my butt dyno says so?
            Last edited by simonnim; 09-28-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Most of what he talks about relates to the senses: looks, sound, feel, smell,... taste?
              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

What doesn’t he like about the S54?
                He said "I don't think the s54 is for me" and that it's probably going to be a giveaway car. He never really articulates his dislikes in depth, it's usually one dislike such as the rasp and then a bunch of abstract thoughts without providing much concrete info. At the end of the day he's a cruiser and the e46 m3 doesn't provide enough satisfaction for his doddling jaunts around town like his gt3/gt4 do which is the context in which he's judging all his cars.

I'm rather shocked he likes the e36, almost as if there's no rhyme or reason in his decision making. He typically prefers safe mods and the e46 is probably too polarizing for him with all its idiosyncrasies. It also has to be driven hard to be appreciated so if you're not in that "zone" then it's probably a mundane daily.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

He said "I don't think the s54 is for me" and that it's probably going to be a giveaway car. He never really articulates his dislikes in depth, it's usually one dislike such as the rasp and then a bunch of abstract thoughts without providing much concrete info. At the end of the day he's a cruiser and the e46 m3 doesn't provide enough satisfaction for his doddling jaunts around town like his gt3/gt4 do which is the context in which he's judging all his cars.

I'm rather shocked he likes the e36, almost as if there's no rhyme or reason in his decision making. He typically prefers safe mods and the e46 is probably too polarizing for him with all its idiosyncrasies. It also has to be driven hard to be appreciated so if you're not in that "zone" then it's probably a mundane daily.
                  the love for the e36 but disdain for e46 is what doesn't make sense to me.

e90 m3 = great
                  e36 m3 = great
                  e46 m3 = lame

um, what?

if you only like the e90 because of the engine but not the other two, all good. but I just don't understand how you can think the e36 is great fun but the e46 is slow and lame? I would chalk it up to weight, but the e90 was even heavier I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

e90 m3 = great
                    e36 m3 = great
                    e46 m3 = lame

um, what?

if you only like the e90 because of the engine but not the other two, all good. but I just don't understand how you can think the e36 is great fun but the e46 is slow and lame? I would chalk it up to weight, but the e90 was even heavier I believe?
                    I think there's a high degree of underlying relevance in his comments. Meaning the E46 M3 is sitting quite high up on a pedestal and this drives some high expectations for anyone. So is subtracting from that elevated perception crazy? Not to me.

He's not promising to bring an objective view or laying out a set of criteria - he's a car guy speaking from his gut and giving an opinion. He's going to emphasize and value some aspects more than others. Just like any of us, really.
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

ok great, but what are those aspects he doesn't like? sound? totally agree but he knows he's changing the exhaust so whatever. he doesn't really mention anything else, except for how much he hates it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                        Seems rather unnecessary to stir the pot for no need and no new material imho.
                        It's all about the number of views (and the ad revenue it generates).

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post
                          It's all about the number of views (and the ad revenue it generates).
                          Ah yes, we’re being directed there for their quest of the almighty dollar/fame.

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

e90 m3 = great
                            e36 m3 = great
                            e46 m3 = lame

um, what?

I watch him, and I reckon it's;

e92 m3 = engine, looks, modernity
                            e36 m3 = his coming of age era, exciting colour, smooth, classic I6, with traditional sound. Ability to 'fix' more shortcomings and make it mint as there are very few left.
                            e46 m3 = lame because as noted, he's a cruiser. I can see how it fall in between the cracks of the other two for him. Clearly we all know he is wrong.

He has sycophant fans, and is 'wrong' about many things in his lifestyle. But I find him pretty hillarious and it's a funny insight into USA/Florida life and business.

Comment

He knows what he's doing, pissing on the E46 will upset a lot of people which in turn causes a stir and more views/publicity. I won't watch him and could care less about his opinion.

Comment

I tend to agree with him that is stock form the e46 isn't super exciting. I think it depends on what cars you have owned in the past. Keep in mind this guy drives a GT3. I went from C5 frc Corvette to 03 KB Cobra to pullied e55 AMG to stock e46 M3. I have recently added headers, el diablo and a HTE tune to my e46 and dang that car is bananas now.

Comment

Working...
                                X