No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That order is part of the September batch, which is on track for the end of September

Thanks!
    -Ted[/QUOTE]

sounds good sir!
    2005 6MT Coupe Mystic Blue

Comment

Received my BlueBus earlier this week and for whatever reason it will only stay connected to my iPhone 11 Pro for about 12 seconds tops. To get it to reconnect I have to shut the radio off and turn it back on, but it’ll only stay connected again for a few seconds. Pretty frustrating because it sounds great for the short time it works and it’s nice to not have to pull the AUX cord out every time.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have a 2005 non-nav, business CD (no factory CD changer in the trunk) with factory HK.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post
        Received my BlueBus earlier this week and for whatever reason it will only stay connected to my iPhone 11 Pro for about 12 seconds tops. To get it to reconnect I have to shut the radio off and turn it back on, but it’ll only stay connected again for a few seconds.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have a 2005 non-nav with factory HK.
        Yes, unfortunately the first 150 made it out the door with a bug for non-Nav users that causes what you're experiencing.

Hitting "2" to disable metadata is a quick fix, but the real fix is updating the firmware, which thankfully isn't too difficult.

Here's a video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91typa7WYc
        Here's the written guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Here's the updated firmware revision where this is resolved: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...ebus_1_2_2.hex

Sorry!
        -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Yes, unfortunately the first 150 made it out the door with a bug for non-Nav users that causes what you're experiencing.

Hitting "2" to disable metadata is a quick fix, but the real fix is updating the firmware, which thankfully isn't too difficult.

Here's a video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91typa7WYc
          Here's the written guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Here's the updated firmware revision where this is resolved: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...ebus_1_2_2.hex

Sorry!
          -Ted
          Thanks for the quick reply, Ted. No worries on the need to update, just glad it’s something simple because I was thinking I’d done something wrong installing (which seemed impossible considering it’s only two self explanatory cables to plug in lol).

Comment

On the subject of firmware: when do you estimate version 1.1.19 to become available?
            2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
            2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
              On the subject of firmware: when do you estimate version 1.1.19 to become available?
              It’s getting skipped. 1.2.2 should work on the 1.x

EDIT: To add, 1.2.0 is where support for the HW 2.x boards was written in, and there was a massive refactor of the code base at that time to accomplish this. There's tons of little bugfixes to improve usability, but not much in the way of new features.
              Last edited by t3ddftw; 09-03-2022, 06:41 AM.

Comment

It’s getting skipped. 1.2.2 should work on the 1.x

EDIT: To add, 1.2.0 is where support for the HW 2.x boards was written in, and there was a massive refactor of the code base at that time to accomplish this. There's tons of little bugfixes to improve usability, but not much in the way of new features.
                So SW 1.2.2 is the newest stable version for both HW versions?

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post

So SW 1.2.2 is the newest stable version for both HW versions?
                  "stable" is arguable with anything I do . I've had a couple folks test 1.2.2 on HW 1.x and it was fine, except for a potential issue with metadata display on the MID.

Thanks!
                  -Ted

Comment

"stable" is arguable with anything I do . I've had a couple folks test 1.2.2 on HW 1.x and it was fine, except for a potential issue with metadata display on the MID.

Thanks!
                    -Ted
                    😂

I’ll upload 1.2.2 tomorrow and we’ll see how it goes. I’ll be putting plenty of miles on the car over the next few weeks so if there are any issues, I’ll find them

Comment

Hi. Can you please share link to instructions on how to install?

Comment

Originally posted by CachacoE46 View Post
                        Hi. Can you please share link to instructions on how to install?
                        Here you go:
                        A fully integrated Bluetooth module for your vintage BMW

Comment

Just got mine today! I removed the CD changer and put the BlueBus in its place, excited to get it up and running. Assume the IBUS cable is the one adjacent to the analog audio cable.

The BlueBus was very unstable, although I did get my phone to pair with it and saw the song I was playing displayed on the Nav unit screen. Seemed more stable when I flipped the phone adapter cable around. No audio. Comfort blink worked, and OBC temp display worked.

I think this might be related to why my CD changer didn’t have sound. Thought it was the changer but maybe my harness is dorked up. Gonna have to wait till Friday to troubleshoot

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
                            Just got mine today! I removed the CD changer and put the BlueBus in its place, excited to get it up and running. Assume the IBUS cable is the one adjacent to the analog audio cable.

The BlueBus was very unstable, although I did get my phone to pair with it and saw the song I was playing displayed on the Nav unit screen. Seemed more stable when I flipped the phone adapter cable around. No audio. Comfort blink worked, and OBC temp display worked.

I think this might be related to why my CD changer didn’t have sound. Thought it was the changer but maybe my harness is dorked up. Gonna have to wait till Friday to troubleshoot
                            Luckily the run from the BlueBus to the radio when you have Navigation is ~24”. Can you post pictures of your radios quadlock? The radio is the silver unit on the left side of the trunk.

if you can describe how the UI was unstable, I can make like Steve Jobs and tell you that you’re holding it wrong 🤪. All kidding aside, the radio overlay button is the best way to access the UI. This is the button next to INFO on the E46.

Thanks!
                            -Ted

Comment

Luckily the run from the BlueBus to the radio when you have Navigation is ~24”. Can you post pictures of your radios quadlock? The radio is the silver unit on the left side of the trunk.

if you can describe how the UI was unstable, I can make like Steve Jobs and tell you that you’re holding it wrong 🤪. All kidding aside, the radio overlay button is the best way to access the UI. This is the button next to INFO on the E46.

Thanks!
                              -Ted
                              I would start navigating the BB UI then it would disappear and take me back to the CD player or the main “Menu” screen of the Nav unit.

I’ll try to snap some pics of what’s in there in the morning before heading in to work.

The car had an old backup camera and an iPod adapter wired in which I removed when I got it. I don’t remember any hacked up wiring, just tons of adapter harnesses. There was ~3-wire cable with a blue connector run from the trunk up to the head unit that is now coiled up in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

I would start navigating the BB UI then it would disappear and take me back to the CD player or the main “Menu” screen of the Nav unit.

I’ll try to snap some pics of what’s in there in the morning before heading in to work.

The car had an old backup camera and an iPod adapter wired in which I removed when I got it. I don’t remember any hacked up wiring, just tons of adapter harnesses. There was ~3-wire cable with a blue connector run from the trunk up to the head unit that is now coiled up in the trunk.
                                Did you actually remove the iPod module? It was typically installed behind the monitor in the dashboard. That could cause all sorts of conflicts with the BlueBus that would screw with the UI. Not using the button I pointed out will also result in the Ui timing out and going back to the main menu

Since you had an iPod module, the CD Changer audio input would’ve been removed, and that’s why you’re not getting audio. Look around for a white 12 pin connector, that needs to be connected into the left hand connector block of the quadlock radio connector. Should be a 30 minute excursion at worst

-Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X