No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick update for the July batch: PCB assembly, programming and test is happening this week. It'll take them about a week to arrive, so I should be shipping late next week or early the following week. I'm hoping to get most of them shipped in a single day by taking time off my day job.

If you want to see "how BlueBus's are made", check out Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluebusbt/ -- Pictures and video are from yesterday (Australia time).

Comment

I cant express how excited I am to finally get this piece installed in my car

Btw. did someone already use this together with an Intravee2? Im currently running the intravee to control my Alpine DSP together with a cheap Bluemusic interface that emulates a CD changer.

Or... is it possible to add custom code to the firmware and maybe the hardware has another i2c or serial available that I could use for communication?

Comment

Originally posted by sda2 View Post
        I cant express how excited I am to finally get this piece installed in my car

Btw. did someone already use this together with an Intravee2? Im currently running the intravee to control my Alpine DSP together with a cheap Bluemusic interface that emulates a CD changer.

Or... is it possible to add custom code to the firmware and maybe the hardware has another i2c or serial available that I could use for communication?
        You can't run the BlueBus alongside the Intravee because they both work exactly the same way, which is emulating the factory CD Changer.

There's multiple I2C, SPI and USART interfaces still available on the MCU, but none of them are pinned anywhere because there has never been a need. Sorry!

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
          A quick update for the July batch: PCB assembly, programming and test is happening this week. It'll take them about a week to arrive, so I should be shipping late next week or early the following week. I'm hoping to get most of them shipped in a single day by taking time off my day job.

If you want to see "how BlueBus's are made", check out Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluebusbt/ -- Pictures and video are from yesterday (Australia time).
          Any update on the July batch?

Comment

Originally posted by Rekpoint View Post

Any update on the July batch?

The first set of 200 are stuck in customs: https://www.tnt.com/express/en_us/si...cons=975890835

The remainder are set to ship Monday ACST
            Last edited by t3ddftw; 08-14-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Quick update here -- I haven't received the units because of an issue with customs as I previously mentioned. Seems FedEx sent one of the two boxes to Ohio before Customs could process it in Memphis, and now it needs to go back to Memphis before they can be released for delivery.

Here are the two tracking numbers coming to me:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220817_163412.png
Views:	542
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	180920

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220817_163448.png
Views:	558
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	180921

I expect to ship the July batch on the 23rd and 25th of this month.

Sorry for the delays!

-Ted

Comment

First one is still in Brisbane Australia if location is correct. Just near me

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                  First one is still in Brisbane Australia if location is correct. Just near me
                  Right! They were just shipped as we wanted to hold off until we found out what the issue was with the first package.

They are now being manufactured in Australia, by an electronics company owned by a Z4M enthusiast

Comment

Hey Ted!

This is what my harness looks like in my m3 what adapter would I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
                      Hey Ted!

This is what my harness looks like in my m3 what adapter would I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Howdy!

You can either do the 54-pin or the SES since you have both. The choice is yours

-Ted

Comment

Has the timeline for the September deliveries been pushed back? I would like to put in an order, but just wanted to get ETA.

Comment

Originally posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
                          Has the timeline for the September deliveries been pushed back? I would like to put in an order, but just wanted to get ETA.
                          They're still expected in late September. FWIW, I am about 28 orders from selling out the September orders. ECS will have another 120 allocations for September though, so at least there's some hope for people to get one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

They're still expected in late September. FWIW, I am about 28 orders from selling out the September orders. ECS will have another 120 allocations for September though, so at least there's some hope for people to get one soon.
                            Appreciate the update!

Looking forward to tinkering with BlueBus v2.0 when the September batch ships. The v1.0 module I was using went "missing" after a visit to the tire shop.

Thrilled to try this with the nav system I retrofitted to make full use of the BB. Nav+BB should give me enough motivation to wire up that DSP amp we discussed earlier in the thread. Results forthcoming!

Comment

hey ted - just looking for a quick update on order #2384 when you have a second, thanks!
                              2005 6MT Coupe Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Obergoose View Post

Appreciate the update!

Looking forward to tinkering with BlueBus v2.0 when the September batch ships. The v1.0 module I was using went "missing" after a visit to the tire shop.

Thrilled to try this with the nav system I retrofitted to make full use of the BB. Nav+BB should give me enough motivation to wire up that DSP amp we discussed earlier in the thread. Results forthcoming!
                                Man, that's awful! The worst part is they probably had no idea what it was.

Glad to hear you retrofit Navigation for the improved BlueBus UI -- I couldn't imagine the E46 without it, personally, which is why I also retrofit Navigation to my Touring

Let us know what you find with regards to the DSP amp retrofit and PM me your order number, please.

Originally posted by jonnypax09 View Post
                                hey ted - just looking for a quick update on order #2384 when you have a second, thanks!
                                That order is part of the September batch, which is on track for the end of September

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X