BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
    Hello, is there any changelog somewere to see FW fixes and evolutions ?

Thank you

Edit : music count time is possible ? From beginning and/or from ending via a setting ?
    GitHub is your best bet -- here's the commit log for 1.1.14 (which encompasses .12, .13):

[IMP] application: Version 1.1.14
    * Shutdown all unused I/O ports
    * Rename I/O Port defines so they are consistent
    * Ignore values for coolant temperature that are outside of usual ranges
    * Resolve issue with radio overlay button in BMBT UI causing the UI to jump back to overlay mode even when on OBC / Nav
    * Add support for extended ASCII characters, since most BMW UIs support this encoding
    * Resolve issue with BlueBus keeping vehicles awake via TEL ON by shutting it down when the ignition is turned off
    * Resolve issue with BlueBus waking other modules up by pulling the I-Bus low just prior to sleep

On music count time, I'm a bit opposed to this as I find it to be frivolous information, but beyond that, while it's possible to implement, I couldn't do it correctly. The issue is that the BC127 doesn't provide any notification updates if the user skips playback on the phone (using the slider). This would lead to an inconsistent state between playback and where BlueBus reports playback to be.

-Ted
    Last edited by t3ddftw; 07-05-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I struggle to hear anything from a caller when I boost the mic gain. I have a CD53 and for a caller to comfortably hear me, I set the mic gain to C9 through the putty interface. That makes it nearly inaudible for me hearing a caller. Lower gain helps me to hear but of course hurts for the caller. Is this just me or is there another setting I haven't seen?

Are you planning to add the settings to the non nav radio interfaces like you did for the nav units?

Edit:
      I'm stupid. Call volume isn't affected by the steering wheel controls with my CD53. Have to use the radio knob. Also C9 is too high with my 338 mic, which resulted in feedback. C6 seemed like the sweet spot for me.
      Last edited by netcsk; 07-10-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Ted,
        How do you get the firmware file 1.14? I went to github and it is not clear were to get the file. If you could provide a place/link/instructions on where/how to get the latest production firmware, that would be great.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AdamM3 View Post
          Ted,
          How do you get the firmware file 1.14? I went to github and it is not clear were to get the file. If you could provide a place/link/instructions on where/how to get the latest production firmware, that would be great.
          Thanks
          Adam, link to the latest firmware file is at the bottom of Ted's post dated 7/4/2020 @ 5:30 PM PT.

Ted, thanks for the update dealing with power drain. Have updated to 1.14.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
            I struggle to hear anything from a caller when I boost the mic gain. I have a CD53 and for a caller to comfortably hear me, I set the mic gain to C9 through the putty interface. That makes it nearly inaudible for me hearing a caller. Lower gain helps me to hear but of course hurts for the caller. Is this just me or is there another setting I haven't seen?

Are you planning to add the settings to the non nav radio interfaces like you did for the nav units?
            Can you shoot me an email at support@bluebus.dev? This sounds a bit too complicated to troubleshoot over the forum. I've also never had another user with the issue you've described, but a few users have described inbound caller distortion when using mic gain c0.

I do plan to bring over the fancy settings menu from the Nav UI to the MID and the CD53, just haven't found the time for that. Hopefully soon!

Originally posted by AdamM3 View Post
            Ted,
            Thanks
            Like sfhondapilot said: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_14.hex

I will make a mailing list for these at some point in the future.

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Like sfhondapilot said: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_14.hex

I will make a mailing list for these at some point in the future.

Thanks!
              -Ted
              You may create a simlink to "latest" zip (file + version txt) that we could bookmark ?

Comment

You may create a simlink to "latest" zip (file + version txt) that we could bookmark ?
                Maybe if I stopped hosting them on AWS :P

I have thought about other creative means of notifying users -- I'll come up with something.

-Ted

Comment

Hey guys,

I have some unfortunate news for everyone in the first batch who ordered in December:

I've recently figured out, after a few units turned up with similar failures, that a specific part (P-Channel MOSFET "Q2", for those curious) is failing pretty consistently due to it being under-rated for the voltage it's carrying.

The result is that this part is going to fail at some point, and may or maybe not take other components on the BlueBus out.

This is 100% my fault as I glanced by the value on the datasheet when originally shopping for a suitable part.

As I stand behind the BlueBus, I am going to be recalling every unit and I'm going to replace the part with one properly rated for the job.

If you are part of the second batch of BlueBus units, this DOES NOT impact you as I was able to have the correct part installed prior to assembly.

Q / A
                  How do I know if my unit is affected?
                  =====================================
                  If you ordered in December, your unit is affected.

When will my unit fail?
                  =======================
                  At some point in the future. It's hard to tell, and I've only had 12 failures attributed to this part.

What happens if other parts, or the whole unit fails before you recall my unit?
                  ================================================== =============================
                  All impacted parts will be replaced and you will be given a fully working BlueBus.

How will you handle recalls?
                  ============================
                  I will soon be emailing users in groups of 50 to send their BlueBus units in. Units that have been in use longest will get priority, as they have a greater chance of failure. If your unit fails while you're waiting, I will immediately have you send the unit to me for repair. You will have 4 weeks to get your unit shipped to me, after that any failures will NOT be covered by me, and I will charge you for the part required to fix the unit.

Why did this occur?
                  ===================
                  Reading is hard, apparently.

Is anything else on the BlueBus going to fail?
                  ==============================================
                  Not likely! I've gone over the datasheets, typical application schematics and recommended layout guidelines for all parts on the BlueBus and everything else is fine.

What if I'm not in the U.S.?
                  ============================
                  Users in the EU/GB will send their units to a gentleman I know and trust in Germany who will perform the repair.
                  Users elsewhere will have their units swapped out with one of my spares.
                  Let me know if you have any additional questions and please know I am so sorry about this issue!

Please refrain from emailing me with regards to this issue unless your unit has failed as I'm the only person who fields questions.

Thanks!
                  -Ted
                  Last edited by t3ddftw; 07-07-2020, 09:23 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

That's a bummer but growing pains are pretty common with a new product. Thanks for the head's up. Should we remove the Bluebus from our cars in the meantime?

Also, for anyone who struggled to remember when they ordered, I was able to pinpoint it by looking at my PayPal history.

Comment

Bad news !
                      Happens, i'm probably on the list then...

Comment

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
                        That's a bummer but growing pains are pretty common with a new product. Thanks for the head's up. Should we remove the Bluebus from our cars in the meantime?

Also, for anyone who struggled to remember when they ordered, I was able to pinpoint it by looking at my PayPal history.
                        I guess I can be more clear: If you have a BlueBus in your hands right now, you're impacted . I have "batch 2" sitting in my house right now.

Thanks for your understanding! I wouldn't remove the BlueBus from the car unless you don't drive the car very often. I'm not going to make you guys suffer without a unit because of this, so I'll just deal with collateral damage if it happens. Thankfully, the failure rate is pretty low.

Bad news !
                        Happens, i'm probably on the list then...
                        Unfortunately! But the unit you're getting in the mail soon (hopefully!) is not, so that's a plus.

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

Thanks for being so upfront and transparent about it. You really are good dude standing behind your product. I'll wait for the mail and instructions Doesn't change how satisfied I am of the product though!
                          BMW M340i G20 '21
                          BMW M3e46 '04
                          exBMW 120i f20 '16
                          exBMW 328i Convertible e36 '96
                          exBMW 628Csi e24 '87
                          ex BMW 328i Coupé e36 '98
                          ex BMW 530i e34 '89
                          ex BMW 735i e23 '81

Comment

Originally posted by herwawan View Post
                            Thanks for being so upfront and transparent about it. You really are good dude standing behind your product. I'll wait for the mail and instructions Doesn't change how satisfied I am of the product though!
                            Thanks, I appreciate that! No way I was going to let them burn up after all the time, love and energy I've put into this thing.

-Ted

Comment

No worries kind sir, thank you for standing behind your product!

Comment

Hey guys,

If you are in the U.S., recall instructions are in your email.

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X