BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

If your IKE button is broken, you can use the serial terminal (18N 115200 baud) of the BlueBus to set the time like so:

set time HH mm

Where HH implies the hour between 0 and 23

This will eventually make its way to the CD53 UI...

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Roger that, I’m one of the peasants using a CD53

Comment

Found it! Thanks heinzboehmer! Next issue: the wiki says to "inspect the markings on the provided six pin connector". I didn't get a six pin connector. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
        Found it! Thanks heinzboehmer! Next issue: the wiki says to "inspect the markings on the provided six pin connector". I didn't get a six pin connector. Did I miss something?
        Email me at support@bluebus.dev and I'll get one mailed out to you.
        ​​​​​Originally, I meant for folks to order one from the TCU Adapter order page, even if it was free, but I failed to get that instruction across.

Sorry!
        -Ted
        ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post

Roger that, I’m one of the peasants using a CD53
          If you want detailed instructions on how to do this via the serial terminal, let me know what OS you're using and I'll post them here.

-Ted

Comment

I actually send out emails with the change log and new firmware, but most people are on 1.1.6, so I haven't done that. 1.1.7 is coming soon with microphone quality enhancements, some nav UI updates and a revamp of the CD53 settings menu.

-Ted
            Excellent. Sounds like a good method!
            Only reason I thought to ask is that I'm on 1.1.4.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post

Excellent. Sounds like a good method!
              Only reason I thought to ask is that I'm on 1.1.4.
              Here's the 1.1.5 change log:
              * Fix bug with setting mic gain
              * Add Upgrade script
              * Fix TCU Mode Changes in CD53 UI
              * Fix UI Fallback to CD53

In 1.1.6 I fixed the following:
              * Use write cursor parameter to split screen writes so I-Bus frames don't exceed 32 bytes. This is necessary to prevent a buffer overflow in the MKIV that activated the CODE function as part of its undefined behavior.
              * Limit menu writes to 14 characters
              ​​​​​* Add LF after all text writes.
              * Clear additional menu indices using LF rather than using space padding

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Anybody has photos (or videos) of the Mk IV nav in split screen mode?

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post
                  No, because that's not possible. The BlueBus enforces full screen mode 🙃.

There's no way to tell if the MMIV is in split screen mode, which impacts the indices that are writable, so I just enforce a layout that doesn't cast doubt.

For what it's worth you can see a picture or two of split screen mode here: http://www.alextronic.de/bmw/project...o_ibus.html#_9

Thanks!
                  -Ted
                  Last edited by t3ddftw; 04-18-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

If you want detailed instructions on how to do this via the serial terminal, let me know what OS you're using and I'll post them here.

-Ted
                    Mac OS

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post

Mac OS
                      Easy.

1. Connect the laptop to the BlueBus via USB.
                      2. Set the ignition to position 1
                      3. Open the "Terminal" app in macOS
                      4. Type in: screen /dev/tty.usbserial* 115200
                      5. Hit enter
                      (At this point, the screen should clear and you should see the BlueBus firmware version printed)
                      6. Type in: set time HH mm
                      7. Hit enter

That's it!

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post
                        My 330i

Click image for larger version  Name:	P9130356.JPG Views:	0 Size:	197.7 KB ID:	14181
                        Last edited by Andy2424; 04-19-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Comment

My car (production date of 6/02) has both the 54 pin TCU connector, as well as the 26 pin SES connector. Pictures of both are below. Neither connector is connected to anything. The Bluebus checkout page has the following warning: "If you have the SES / Voice Module (Option: S620/S620A) ensure that you remove the module! Failure to do so could result in damage to the BlueBus!"

Is it safe to assume that I don't have the SES/Voice Module because the 26 pin SES connector wasn't connected to anything?

54 pin TCU connector:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200227_171542.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	14232

26 pin SES connector:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200227_171513.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	14231
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
                              My car (production date of 6/02) has both the 54 pin TCU connector, as well as the 26 pin SES connector. Pictures of both are below. Neither connector is connected to anything. The Bluebus checkout page has the following warning: "If you have the SES / Voice Module (Option: S620/S620A) ensure that you remove the module! Failure to do so could result in damage to the BlueBus!"

Is it safe to assume that I don't have the SES/Voice Module because the 26 pin SES connector wasn't connected to anything?

54 pin TCU connector:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200227_171542.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	14232

26 pin SES connector:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200227_171513.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	14231
                              As long as the SES connector is not connected to anything you'll be fine. Note that without the SES jumper plug, the wires necessary for telephone integration in the 54 pin connector will not be connected to anything. You will either need to buy the jumper or use the pins from the SES connector.

Edit: this is the jumper

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...xoC410QAvD_BwE
                              Last edited by heinzboehmer; 04-19-2020, 11:17 AM.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Thanks again heinzboehmer. My 26 pin SES connector isn't "capped off" so I ordered the SES adapter cable from Ted. I've looked at the depinning info and I think the adapter is the better way to go for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X