Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Hey There!

I feel like you posted this elsewhere and I forgot to get back to you -- my apologies!

Anyways, it looks like your car did not come with the CD Changer prep package as the GROM unit has been tapped into power, ground and I-Bus from the BM54.

Can you remove the quadlock on the BM54 and snap a picture of the bottom holes? It's possible someone retrofit the 6 pin connector for the CD Changer, which would make the change to a BlueBus much easier.

In any case, you will at least need to re-tap the three wires in your picture for the BlueBus, and you'll need a three pin connector, but I can provide that (for a couple bucks USD, with a harness).

P.S. the three pin you found is power for the telephone compensator, I believe.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Hi Ted,
    yeah Ive made a post on different forum but I was redirected and it worked ) So thx for the reply.

Ive made a pictures. Grom is fitted with his own 6pin connector which is probably a good news. Re-taping the three wires is no problem. If you could make the three pin connector Ill be happy to pay for it.

What about the phone? Any idea where could I find the TCU or cables?

Thank you

Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I'm really sorry you had trouble with the unit -- it should've come with the volume set to -10dB, which is about perfect for full phone volume on non-DSP vehicles. The menu issue leads me to believe you might have a buggy firmware version (I've iterated a few times since beginning to ship units).

I recommend upgrading the firmware on the BlueBus to this version: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...ebus_1_1_6.hex

Here are the upgrade instructions: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Suggested changes:
      1. This is not really possible due to limitations of the UI. I might be able to improve this by removing all other options when an option is selected, then allowing you to rotate the wheel to change the setting. Selecting it again would set the value and return all other settings.
      2. Sure! This is easy enough. For what it's worth, disabling Handsfree will also disable this indicator

On documentation: It will come. I know it sucks right now, but documentation is the bane of my existence, and I kept putting it off for software improvements.

There is no status page with shipment dates. I program and ship units as time allows, and I'm doing about 75 units per week at this point. I'm hoping to have all cases and TCU adapters out within the next three weeks.

Thanks again for your feedback! I will work towards integrating some your suggestions.

Thanks!
      -Ted
      It's entirely possible it was -10dB and I was clicking things and screwed it up. -10dB seems like it would be a low volume for my car though, I will have to try that and see how it sounds.

For suggestion #1 perhaps you could use the bar widget with min/max like they have in the Tone settings? It wouldn't tell you the dB values but I don't feel like they would be necessary in that case. Perhaps this bar widget only has a set number of steps and that's why maybe it's not the best option?
      Thanks for considering suggestion #2

I shouldn't really be talking about documentation as I'm not a model citizen of this at my own work 😁I did find some on the Wiki on your Github repo though. Not sure if everyone is aware that exists. Maybe would be good to link the Wiki somewhere on the main BlueBus site.

I went back and tried the Dashboard menu setting again and I did not get struck there this time around. Maybe it was a fluke or my own ignorance from learning a new interface.

Still haven't ordered the TCU adapter yet. I'm sure my car has the SES cable but looks like I will need to rip out the trunk trim to see if it's there for sure.

Thanks for the firmware upgrade instructions. I will have to try that out as well. I might checkout your source at some point for fun too. I use Youtube for music so I might see if I can populate metadata from Youtube to the dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by WOODOO View Post
        For suggestion #1 perhaps you could use the bar widget with min/max like they have in the Tone settings? It wouldn't tell you the dB values but I don't feel like they would be necessary in that case. Perhaps this bar widget only has a set number of steps and that's why maybe it's not the best option?
        Thanks for considering suggestion #2
        Trust me, if there was a better way to do it, it would be that way. The problem with the Navigation UI is that every "screen" you see has a specific purpose behind it, rather than it being an abstract layout building block that one can just use. For example, if I hijack the TONE UI, TONE settings will be impacted, because the Graphics terminal will still report the new value to the radio, even if I masked it off.

The GT was never designed for abstract UIs to be built around it, so they only built in what they specifically needed.

Originally posted by WOODOO View Post
        Thanks for the firmware upgrade instructions. I will have to try that out as well. I might checkout your source at some point for fun too. I use Youtube for music so I might see if I can populate metadata from Youtube to the dashboard.
        Sweet, let me know how it goes! FWIW, *Most* YouTube metadata should show. It already does on my phone...

Thanks!
        -Ted

Comment

Pardon the noob question but I'm very interested in this if I can confirm it will work with little to no hassle on my car. 2006 E46 M3 with HK and Navigation. Anyone in here already confirm this works? I only care about bluetooth audio, no need for telephone, mic etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwMpower1 View Post
            Pardon the noob question but I'm very interested in this if I can confirm it will work with little to no hassle on my car. 2006 E46 M3 with HK and Navigation. Anyone in here already confirm this works? I only care about bluetooth audio, no need for telephone, mic etc.
            Yes of course it'll work i your car. I have the same or more options on mine and it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwMpower1 View Post
              Yeah it'll work. Ted, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all US M3s (maybe even all US E46s) came prewired for the cd changer, which is what the BlueBus needs. If you don't care about phone calls then this will be 100% plug and play without needing any adapters or anything.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Yeah it'll work. Ted, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all US M3s (maybe even all US E46s) came prewired for the cd changer, which is what the BlueBus needs. If you don't care about phone calls then this will be 100% plug and play without needing any adapters or anything.
                I have yet to find a USDM BMW from the supported era that wasn't pre-wired for the CD Changer

-Ted

Comment

Are there instructions on setting the time with a CD53 out here? Thanks

BTW This thing is GREAT, it's nice to have the turn signals and locks and especially the audio. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post
                    Press the left stalk (BC?) Button until you see the time show up on the cluster. Then twist the reset button on the cluster counterclockwise to go back and clockwise to go forward.
                    '06 Carbon Black
                    Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post

BTW This thing is GREAT, it's nice to have the turn signals and locks and especially the audio. Thanks
                      If your IKE button is broken, you can use the serial terminal (18N 115200 baud) of the BlueBus to set the time like so:

set time HH mm

Where HH implies the hour between 0 and 23

This will eventually make its way to the CD53 UI...

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

I recommend upgrading the firmware on the BlueBus to this version: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...ebus_1_1_6.hex
                        Ted, do you post firmware updates anywhere, other than assuming checking the aws address with a new version number (bonus if you keep a change log)?

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post

Ted, do you post firmware updates anywhere, other than assuming checking the aws address with a new version number (bonus if you keep a change log)?
                          I actually send out emails with the change log and new firmware, but most people are on 1.1.6, so I haven't done that. 1.1.7 is coming soon with microphone quality enhancements, some nav UI updates and a revamp of the CD53 settings menu.

-Ted

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5126.jpg Views:	4 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	13769
                            My M3 has a production date of 6/02, which (I believe) means that I should have the 54 pin connector. According to my VIN, the car was optioned with "S640A Preparation f telinstallation universal" and "S692A Preparation BMW 6CD changer Ibus".

Is the 54 pin connector loose in the trunk, or is it connected to something?

The only thing remotely like the 54 pin is a connector that goes into some kind of Harmon Kardon computer (yellow arrow in picture). That connector doesn't match up with the pictures in the wiki, so I think I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	image_5126.jpg Views:	4 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	13769
                              My M3 has a production date of 6/02, which (I believe) means that I should have the 54 pin connector. According to my VIN, the car was optioned with "S640A Preparation f telinstallation universal" and "S692A Preparation BMW 6CD changer Ibus".

Is the 54 pin connector loose in the trunk, or is it connected to something?

The only thing remotely like the 54 pin is a connector that goes into some kind of Harmon Kardon computer (yellow arrow in picture). That connector doesn't match up with the pictures in the wiki, so I think I'm missing something.
                              It's probably tucked up closer to the shock tower. It'll be wrapped up in a foam sleeve.

A​​​lso, if your SES connector (blue one that's part of the same harness as the 54-pin connector) does not have a jumper, you'll need to grab the pins from that one.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

Press the left stalk (BC?) Button until you see the time show up on the cluster. Then twist the reset button on the cluster counterclockwise to go back and clockwise to go forward.
                                Oh I am very aware on the factory time set but that shit broke a while ago and I’ve been looking at —:— since

Comment

Working...
                                X