BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
    This is sadly normal. It's alternator whine. Have you made sure that your phone volume is at the max? I only hear this noise if the music is ear-bleeding loud. I also noticed it's especially bad if I have the 6 pin connector installed before I put in the 3-pin power connector. Not entirely sure why this is, but apparently the output load is contingent on the DAC being powered prior to being mated to the line input of the radio? I have to bust out the Rigol and do some checkin'

-Ted
    Yes volume is set to max on my phone. Would it help a bit to use the digital input? If so, where am I supposed to plugin the other end of the digital cable? Part number 65128361177 is correct?
    2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post

Yes volume is set to max on my phone. Would it help a bit to use the digital input? If so, where am I supposed to plugin the other end of the digital cable? Part number 65128361177 is correct?
      What kind of phone?

Does the car have Navigation?

You cannot make use of the digital interface on an E46 as our cars were never equipped with the DSP amplifier

Thanks!
      -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

What kind of phone?

Does the car have Navigation?

You cannot make use of the digital interface on an E46 as our cars were never equipped with the DSP amplifier

Thanks!
        -Ted
        Pixel 3A and Business CD
        2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

I've been running in some flashing screen issues lately, kind of randomly. Also, it won't stay in another part of the system (if I open the onboard computer, it'll automatically go back to the Bluetooth module). Sometimes, it even just shows "TR" and I can't access any other part of the system. It's just stuck until I get out of the car for a little bit and come back.

Any ideas/suggestions?
          BMW M340i G20 '21
          BMW M3e46 '04
          exBMW 120i f20 '16
          exBMW 328i Convertible e36 '96
          exBMW 628Csi e24 '87
          ex BMW 328i Coupé e36 '98
          ex BMW 530i e34 '89
          ex BMW 735i e23 '81

Comment

Originally posted by herwawan View Post
            I've been running in some flashing screen issues lately, kind of randomly. Also, it won't stay in another part of the system (if I open the onboard computer, it'll automatically go back to the Bluetooth module). Sometimes, it even just shows "TR" and I can't access any other part of the system. It's just stuck until I get out of the car for a little bit and come back.

Any ideas/suggestions?
            Check if TP is enabled and then disable it maybe (info button)

Comment

I'm really liking the BlueBus features and performance. But, this AM, in passing the car in the garage, I saw the instrument cluster all lighted up, and the car won't start. Get some solenoid clicking, but that's all. Suggestions?
              Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

I bought one for my E46 and one for my parents' E53. Findings so far:
                - Pairing is brilliant. Lightning quick. All functionality is excellent.
                - Both are being run in analog mode. Sound in the E46 isn't much improved; its never been a good setup to begin with. I tested sound in the E53 for all of 2 minutes so no worthwhile comments there.
                - The coolants temps, if enabled, are in celcius. Would be nice to have F.
                - On both units, there is some spastic behavior when you first "Mode" over to the Bluebooth. Its screen flicker, but the screen isn't turning on and off, but connection to Bluebus looks a like shakey for the first 5 secs. Nothing thereafter, and does not affect pairing.
                - The E53 had a dead battery two days after installing it. The vehicle doesn't live near me but my father is doing some basic diagnosing. So far, he found an 8amp draw at rest but its sort of meaningless as we don't have a baseline and we imagine there is a courtesy period active, after which the vehicle should power down completely. He is collecting some data points.
                Last edited by jbfrancis3; 07-03-2020, 10:19 AM.
                '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
                  I'm really liking the BlueBus features and performance. But, this AM, in passing the car in the garage, I saw the instrument cluster all lighted up, and the car won't start. Get some solenoid clicking, but that's all. Suggestions?
                  Thanks,
                  Steve
                  That would be a dead battery.
                  '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Am I the only one who can’t find the 6 and 3 pin plugs? I had this thing installed in my E39 in two minutes but still looking for the plugs in my E46. It’s an 05 with Nav and assist, supposedly wired for CD changer according to the VIN. I removed the TCU and easily found the 54 pin connected to it. Pretty sure I’ve traced every wire back here ...

edit: there’s one that goes up to the deck lid but feels like it’s connected to something. Speakers?

edit2: couple photos ... the cable in the foam wrapper is just some kind of antenna/RF cable

Click image for larger version  Name:	F551CDE2-909F-4A66-8947-A56EA66E8ABB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	39850 Click image for larger version  Name:	D0CEA73E-28A9-426B-BA1C-84C658517633.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	39847 Click image for larger version  Name:	FD8C3F37-8A10-42DB-BB26-0E136C1F3C60.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	39848 Click image for larger version  Name:	F7B4F915-1AD0-4AB7-91C1-4594E075168D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	39849 Click image for larger version  Name:	F551CDE2-909F-4A66-8947-A56EA66E8ABB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	39851
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by repoman89; 07-03-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I figured out that the battery was dead. Not sure of the cause except the instrument cluster was probably on for the 2 days that the car was parked. That lighted instrument cluster was never a symptom in the past. Absent any useable suggestions, I'll unplug the BlueBus to see if the battery dies again.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Does the M3 have a feature that will turn on the instrument lights when someone approaches the driver door? I can see the instrument lights are out, until I walk past the driver door when leaving the garage. If it's an option on/off, how do I access that feature?
                        Thanks!
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                          Am I the only one who can’t find the 6 and 3 pin plugs? I had this thing installed in my E39 in two minutes but still looking for the plugs in my E46. It’s an 05 with Nav and assist, supposedly wired for CD changer according to the VIN. I removed the TCU and easily found the 54 pin connected to it. Pretty sure I’ve traced every wire back here ...

edit: there’s one that goes up to the deck lid but feels like it’s connected to something. Speakers?

edit2: couple photos ... the cable in the foam wrapper is just some kind of antenna/RF cable

Click image for larger version Name:	F551CDE2-909F-4A66-8947-A56EA66E8ABB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	39850 Click image for larger version Name:	D0CEA73E-28A9-426B-BA1C-84C658517633.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	39847 Click image for larger version Name:	FD8C3F37-8A10-42DB-BB26-0E136C1F3C60.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	39848 Click image for larger version Name:	F7B4F915-1AD0-4AB7-91C1-4594E075168D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	39849 Click image for larger version Name:	F551CDE2-909F-4A66-8947-A56EA66E8ABB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	39851
                          Got them!! They were attached to whatever the heck is installed under my rear deck. Guess I’ll rip that out today too after putting this back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post

I can't find that! On e46?
                            BMW M340i G20 '21
                            BMW M3e46 '04
                            exBMW 120i f20 '16
                            exBMW 328i Convertible e36 '96
                            exBMW 628Csi e24 '87
                            ex BMW 328i Coupé e36 '98
                            ex BMW 530i e34 '89
                            ex BMW 735i e23 '81

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post

Pixel 3A and Business CD

I use a Pixel 3 with no issues. I do run into the problem you described after pausing music that was playing really loudly. Sadly, there's nothing that can be done about this . Thankfully, it really shouldn't impact too many people.

Any ideas/suggestions?
                              This was a bug in earlier firmwares . See the end of this post for the newest revision.

Originally posted by Orphee View Post

TP & TMC are only available in the EU / GB

Thanks,
                              Steve
                              This was likely because of a firmware upgrade. In version 1.1.12, I added coded that incorrectly sets the pin states when the BlueBus goes to sleep, which causes every other module to wake up

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                              I bought one for my E46 and one for my parents' E53. Findings so far:
                              - Pairing is brilliant. Lightning quick. All functionality is excellent.
                              - Both are being run in analog mode. Sound in the E46 isn't much improved; its never been a good setup to begin with. I tested sound in the E53 for all of 2 minutes so no worthwhile comments there.
                              - The coolants temps, if enabled, are in celcius. Would be nice to have F.
                              - On both units, there is some spastic behavior when you first "Mode" over to the Bluebooth. Its screen flicker, but the screen isn't turning on and off, but connection to Bluebus looks a like shakey for the first 5 secs. Nothing thereafter, and does not affect pairing.
                              - The E53 had a dead battery two days after installing it. The vehicle doesn't live near me but my father is doing some basic diagnosing. So far, he found an 8amp draw at rest but its sort of meaningless as we don't have a baseline and we imagine there is a courtesy period active, after which the vehicle should power down completely. He is collecting some data points.
                              - Coolant temperature in the units that are set up for the vehicle is coming.
                              - The spastic behavior is unavoidable. I'm "fighting" the radio to write the the screen, and I can't do anything to stop it. The solution is to write over the radio really quickly, which results in that flicker.
                              - The dead battery might be a BlueBus issue if it's running 1.1.12+ Please see the end of this post for the newest firmware that fixes this issue. If it's not been upgraded, please email me at support@bluebus.dev

Does the M3 have a feature that will turn on the instrument lights when someone approaches the driver door? I can see the instrument lights are out, until I walk past the driver door when leaving the garage. If it's an option on/off, how do I access that feature?
                              Thanks!
                              Steve
                              Nope, that's the car waking up

I can't find that! On e46?
                              EU / GB only

Here is the newest firmware, which I recommend EVERYONE upgrade to: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_14.hex (Right Click > Save As / Save Link As)

Here are the upgrade instructions: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

Hello, is there any changelog somewere to see FW fixes and evolutions ?

Thank you

Edit : music count time is possible ? From beginning and/or from ending via a setting ?

Last edited by Orphee; 07-05-2020, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X