Clear All

Originally posted by tabora View Post
    Yes, all has been well since the
    • restore
    • bt cvc on
    after the recall service.
    Great to hear it!

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
    Thanks again, Ted. My BlueBus is all packaged up and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow. Cheers!
    Awesome, thank you!

-Ted

Comment

CD53 related:

it would be nice to have an option to turn off the meta data and display just the time or oil/coolant temp maybe. i'm using android auto and don't really need the meta data. it would also reduce the electrical noise from the speakers.

just received my tcu adapter and it's working but i have to turn up the volume a lot to hear the other side. i wasn't able to find any setting related to this. 🤔
      2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

@Zekarus;

Regarding the electrical noice from the speakers, I noticed it makes a huge difference in which order you connect the connectors to the Blue Bus. The first time I installed the Blubus the electrical noice was verry noticable, but after re-installing the Blue Bus, I connected the 6 pin connector from the CD changer first and then the 3 pins power and Ibus connector from the CD changer. Now the electrical noice from the speakers is totally gone!!

@Ted; Love the Blue Bus sound quality Really impressive in my stock non DSP MID radio system This week I will send my blue bus for the re-call action for the second time, after the postal service failed to deliver it the first time.

Best regards,

Jeroen
        Last edited by JeroenS; 08-30-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenS View Post
          @Zekarus;

Regarding the electrical noice from the speakers, I noticed it makes a huge difference in which order you connect the connectors to the Blue Bus. The first time I installed the Blubus the electrical noice was verry noticable, but after re-installing the Blue Bus, I connected the 6 pin connector from the CD changer first and then the 3 pins power and Ibus connector from the CD changer. Now the electrical noice from the speakers is totally gone!!

@Ted; Love the Blue Bus sound quality Really impressive in my stock non DSP MID radio system This week I will send my blue bus for the re-call action for the second time, after the postal service failed to deliver it the first time.

Best regards,

Jeroen
          Is this a valid proven way to get rid of the electrical sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine White Drea///M View Post

Is this a valid proven way to get rid of the electrical sound?
            Yes and no. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Things to try:
            1. Make sure your phone volume is at 100%
            2. If you have the Nav, make sure your DAC Gain is around -10dB

I am trying to track down why plugging things in a certain order works. I might shut down the DAC at boot up and power it back on once the device is in a known state.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Yes and no. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Things to try:
              1. Make sure your phone volume is at 100%
              2. If you have the Nav, make sure your DAC Gain is around -10dB

I am trying to track down why plugging things in a certain order works. I might shut down the DAC at boot up and power it back on once the device is in a known state.

-Ted
              Yep. The phone being at 100% def helps. It’s kind of acting as a pre amp in that sense, huh?

ill try replugging this weekend. Would be stoked if the electrical sound disappeared.

Comment

Not so much a pre-amp, but the digital audio stream defines an amplification level for the audio, so the higher that level, the louder the BlueBus outputs audio and the less you need to crank up the stereo volume.

The clicking noise is caused by the impulse of the I-Bus data line going from HIGH 12v to low as bytes are transferred.

-Ted

Comment

Hey guys,

Can anyone with the "IHKA dying" bug please install this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_15.hex

It is experimental, so if something goes wrong here is 1.1.14: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_14.hex

It seemed to work fine on my 2006 E46. Here's the changelog:

* Complete rework of the lighting activation functionality. Lighting I/O status is now only requested when the dimmer state changes OR if we have gone more than 20 seconds without seeing the I/O status. This is different than before as I used to request I/O status every time the dimmer status was seen, but requesting the I/O status resulted in another dimmer status update (which caused an avalanche of messages). Further, code was added (kindly by another contributor to the project) to identify the particular LCM/LSZ variant and send the appropriate values in the bulb activation request.
                  * A bug that caused the E46/Z4 IKE to dim out when using turn signals during the day has been resolved
                  * Cyrillic character transliteration has been added (by another contributor). This also includes the angled quotation marks that many iPhone's like to use (which should fix how your iPhone's name is displayed on screen).
                  * The DAC is now powered down at boot, then it is powered back on shortly after. This should hopefully clear the condition that causes the I-Bus impulses to be audible at every volume level.
                  * The I-Bus message queue is now capable of firing off more than one message at a time (which was a bug).

Thanks!
                  -Ted

Comment

Hey guys,

Can anyone with the "IHKA dying" bug please install this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_15.hex

It is experimental, so if something goes wrong here is 1.1.14: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_14.hex

* Complete rework of the lighting activation functionality. Lighting I/O status is now only requested when the dimmer state changes OR if we have gone more than 20 seconds without seeing the I/O status. This is different than before as I used to request I/O status every time the dimmer status was seen, but requesting the I/O status resulted in another dimmer status update (which caused an avalanche of messages). Further, code was added (kindly by another contributor to the project) to identify the particular LCM/LSZ variant and send the appropriate values in the bulb activation request.
                    * A bug that caused the E46/Z4 IKE to dim out when using turn signals during the day has been resolved
                    * Cyrillic character transliteration has been added (by another contributor). This also includes the angled quotation marks that many iPhone's like to use (which should fix how your iPhone's name is displayed on screen).
                    * The DAC is now powered down at boot, then it is powered back on shortly after. This should hopefully clear the condition that causes the I-Bus impulses to be audible at every volume level.
                    * The I-Bus message queue is now capable of firing off more than one message at a time (which was a bug).

Thanks!
                    -Ted
                    i can install the firmware this weekend. Is there a tutorial? Or is it simply plug in the BlueBus to your computer via USB and drag the file into the BlueBus?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine White Drea///M View Post

i can install the firmware this weekend. Is there a tutorial? Or is it simply plug in the BlueBus to your computer via USB and drag the file into the BlueBus?
                      It's not quite that simple, but also not quite complicated. https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks!
                        -Ted
                        Ted, is there a lay person's translation for IHKA dying?
                        Thanks,
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by sfhondapilot View Post

Ted, is there a lay person's translation for IHKA dying?
                          Thanks,
                          David
                          Folks with pre-LCI cars have been having their A/C controls shut down on their own, or otherwise change settings on their own.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

Hey Ted, CD54 or BM54?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
                              Hey Ted, CD54 or BM54?
                              Sorry, what do you mean?

-Ted

Comment

Which radio would you like it to be on?

Comment