Clear All

Originally posted by HitmanM3 View Post

Here ya go..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bbusvert.png
Views:	1354
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	50752
    Thanks for the photo, but it doesn't look like the layout in my 2003 vert. My build date is 10-02, so, maybe they're different.

Comment

Just placed my order for the October shipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanM3 View Post

Here ya go..
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bbusvert.png
Views:	1354
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	50752
        I think I now see how to fit this in my car. thanks again for the picture. Just wondering if the IHKA fix will require removing the BlueBus, before I again get into the carpet removal, etc!

Steve

Comment

For orientation purposes, the single mounting screw I'm using is the bottom right corner mounting hole of the TCU which is also rectangular but approx twice as long and mounted on an upward angle. PM me a pic and I can tell if your 03 TCU mounting is different.

Comment

Originally posted by pmt View Post

Hi Ted,

Any news on the recall for units in Canada? Just want to make sure I don't miss the email.

Thank you!
            I have the parts in hand, and a guy lined up to do the work, but I am waiting on UPS to set me up with small business discounts so I can mail the parts out and not have it take forever to arrive.

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post

I think I now see how to fit this in my car. thanks again for the picture. Just wondering if the IHKA fix will require removing the BlueBus, before I again get into the carpet removal, etc!

Steve
            You should install the BlueBus with a USB cable attached so you don't have to remove it for updates

But yes, it will require updating the software on the unit.

No one has provided me with a log of the issue occurring, so I have blindly taken a stab at it by completely removing the code that handles comfort lighting from the BlueBus -- Can someone please test this out?

https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...o_lighting.hex (right Click > Save As) -- https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Fffrank View Post
              Had the weirdest audio related thing of my life happen today and REALLY hoping there is an explanation because if not I'll need to call a priest and schedule an exorcism of my car.

Was listening to Spotify on my Galaxy Note 10+ today and in the middle of the song it started playing what sounded like a MIDI or Karaoke version of Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (like a record.) I checked my phone and it was still showing the previous track playing. I paused it - the midi song kept playing. I turned the power off to my phone (the midi song continued.) There was no other Bluetooth device nearby and the bluebus device still displayed my Note as the paired device (although the indicated light had turned red.)

The song finally stopped when I switched to FM and then back to the blue bus.

Pleeeeeease tell me that my car is not haunted by an 80s ghost?
              Well I half-figured out the issue because this has happened to me 2 more times. Not sure it's a bluebus problem at all but the audio switches over to the last active radio station -- the screen still displays the bluebus meta-data but it is no longer the audio source. I can cycle the radio back to the CD Changer Mode and bluebus resumes function just fine. Possibly my radio my have the same glitch if I was using the CD Changer? May never know.

Comment

Well I half-figured out the issue because this has happened to me 2 more times. Not sure it's a bluebus problem at all but the audio switches over to the last active radio station -- the screen still displays the bluebus meta-data but it is no longer the audio source. I can cycle the radio back to the CD Changer Mode and bluebus resumes function just fine. Possibly my radio my have the same glitch if I was using the CD Changer? May never know.
                I call this an AWOL (a term I got from RichardP, the current Intravee guy). Essentially, the radio has not gotten the "pong" from the BlueBus that it expected, so it assumes the CD Changer packed its bags and jumped out of the trunk. The default behavior is for it to drop back to radio, so that's what you end up with.

I've had exactly one other user with this issue in a non-Nav car, and I believe that replacing his CD53 resolved the issue.

Thanks!
                -Ted

Comment

I've had this happen to me before when I went over a bump and it was a loose connection on the back side of the CD53.

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

I call this an AWOL (a term I got from RichardP, the current Intravee guy). Essentially, the radio has not gotten the "pong" from the BlueBus that it expected, so it assumes the CD Changer packed its bags and jumped out of the trunk. The default behavior is for it to drop back to radio, so that's what you end up with.

I've had exactly one other user with this issue in a non-Nav car, and I believe that replacing his CD53 resolved the issue.

Thanks!
                    -Ted
                    Was that user me? I had the same thing happen and after replacing my CD53 (for unrelated reasons), I haven't had it happen again.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by tabora View Post
                      I've had this happen to me before when I went over a bump and it was a loose connection on the back side of the CD53.
                      Has your unit been behaving lately?
                      Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Was that user me? I had the same thing happen and after replacing my CD53 (for unrelated reasons), I haven't had it happen again.
                      No, but that's good to know! A beta user with a pre-LCI M3 had this issue. Oddly, he had an 02 with a 00 build CD53. He swapped in a newer version and never had the issue again.

​​​​​​From the logs he sent, it seemed like the radio simply stopped asking for the CD Changer status, then assumed it was gone

Comment

Hey Ted, just wanted to send you an update from me. I'm now super annoyed that the stock head unit in our X5 and i3 doesn't work as good as the bluetooth using the bluebus in my e46! It just works, connects to my OnePlus 7pro almost instantly and never seems to miss a beat. Thanks again for the great product.

I was going to ask, the hands-free in the car works perfectly but I the driver has a really bad echo and it's really hard to hear me on the other end. I did replace my in-car mic with 84318380338 I bought on ebay, perhaps its bad? Is there something I can try?
                        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                          Hey Ted, just wanted to send you an update from me. I'm now super annoyed that the stock head unit in our X5 and i3 doesn't work as good as the bluetooth using the bluebus in my e46! It just works, connects to my OnePlus 7pro almost instantly and never seems to miss a beat. Thanks again for the great product.

I was going to ask, the hands-free in the car works perfectly but I the driver has a really bad echo and it's really hard to hear me on the other end. I did replace my in-car mic with 84318380338 I bought on ebay, perhaps its bad? Is there something I can try?
                          Glad to hear it's working well! I don't see that you've sent it in for the recall though, so I recommend doing that ASAP!

In terms of the echo issue, please follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Then run:
                          bt cvc on
                          bt mgain c2

That should clear everything up

-Ted

Comment

Glad to hear it's working well! I don't see that you've sent it in for the recall though, so I recommend doing that ASAP!

In terms of the echo issue, please follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Then run:
                            bt cvc on
                            bt mgain c2

That should clear everything up

-Ted
                            Thanks, I'll give that a go once I get it back from you. OOps, I didn't know about the recall - I missed that email. I'll get it back to you.

thanks,
                            liam

Comment

Has your unit been behaving lately?
                              Yes, all has been well since the
                              • restore
                              • bt cvc on
                              after the recall service.

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Thanks again, Ted. My BlueBus is all packaged up and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X