BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Did the facelift happen after 2004 for Euro M3s?
    My bad sorry. My car is actually 01/03/2003 and not 2004

Comment

Ted, when do you plan on closing the October orders?

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post
        Ted, when do you plan on closing the October orders?
        Not sure yet. I've ordered more than I had purchased, so whenever I run out of those

-Ted

Comment

We can troubleshoot this here just in case it happens to anyone else, but it's easiest to email me at support@bluebus.dev

First things first: Nav or Business CD?

Either way:
          1. Do you hear clicking as the metadata scrolls by? If so, likely the audio input from the CD Changer harness is disconnected from the radio.
          2. If you don't hear clicking, then can you check your glove box for an iPod cable of any kind?

Thanks!
          -Ted
          I hear a slight static-ky sound, I do have that iPod cable using what appears to be BMW's MID box attached behind the headunit, I've cut the wires to it and reattached the wires to the ones connected to the blue connector but still nothing.

It appears someone has tampered with the black connector which is in the blue lock clip. Checkout the pictures, would you have any idea of what coloured wire goes into each numbered pin? Maybe I can refurbish my connector?

Blue Locking Clip connector:

Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020306.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	50273

My connector:

Name:	IMG_2354.JPEG
Views:	955
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	50274

Name:	IMG_2352.JPEG
Views:	972
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	50275

I've found this info online with some info on what each pin does, except I'm looking for info on what coloured wire goes into which pin!

Name:	IMG_2348.JPEG
Views:	940
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	50276

Name:	IMG_2347.JPEG
Views:	949
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	50277

Comment

Doe an 01 M3 have the bracket mount or does it need to be ordered? No CD changer in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ozone View Post
              Doe an 01 M3 have the bracket mount or does it need to be ordered? No CD changer in the car.
              My '03 vert does not have that bracket, and there's no room in that area to mount one. I'm still looking for a suitable way to permanently mount the BlueBus in the area available. Any ideas are welcome!

Comment

I have on 06 vert and reused one of the mount holes and screw that held the TCU which was mounted to the back of the driver's side passenger seat. For me it seemed to be the logical location since the TCU cable was not long enough to reach the area of the Nav/DVD player location for mounting the BlueBus there. I don't have any pics but can snap a few if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanM3 View Post
                  I have on 06 vert and reused one of the mount holes and screw that held the TCU which was mounted to the back of the driver's side passenger seat. For me it seemed to be the logical location since the TCU cable was not long enough to reach the area of the Nav/DVD player location for mounting the BlueBus there. I don't have any pics but can snap a few if needed.
                  This is the best way to mount it in a Vert

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanM3 View Post
                    I'd sure like pics of your install!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Is there anything wrong with taping it instead of mounting with a bracket? Fire risk?

Comment

Originally posted by ozone View Post
                        Is there anything wrong with taping it instead of mounting with a bracket? Fire risk?
                        You only risk not having a pretty install. and I can't live without a pretty install

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post

I'd sure like pics of your install!
                          Thanks!
                          Here ya go..

Name:	bbusvert.png
Views:	1354
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	50752

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
                            Here's an update on that A/C cutoff issue. Took a short drive yesterday, local temp 110, and for the first time in about 2 weeks, the A/C shut down. Both the blower fan and compressor shut off, but continued to run fine after a manual restart.
                            I adjusted the blinker option from 5 back to 1, it made no difference in how the A/C will completely stop. Drove for about 5 miles, and the system shut down 4 times. Had to manually restart it.
                            Last edited by BubbaTree; 08-18-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                              Favor to ask the E53 guys/girls, particularly those with the later models: looking at the 54 pin factory connector, is the violet/white wire sitting in pin #35?

Edit: I know this is the case for the E46 but verifying for the E53. Looking for visual confirmation, not just documentation suggesting they are the same. Thanks
                              Did you get the answer you needed? I recall it being the same when installed the Bluebus but I can go outside a take a pic of the wiring in my 2004 E53 if you still need.
                              2004 E53 X5 4.4i N62

Comment

Hey guys,

If you are in the U.S., recall instructions are in your email.

Thanks!
                                -Ted
                                Hi Ted,

Any news on the recall for units in Canada? Just want to make sure I don't miss the email.

Thank you!
                                2004 E53 X5 4.4i N62

Comment

Working...
                                X