BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
    HI Ted t3ddftw, just wondering when you'll be releasing the next firmware version? Should be 1.3.3 if I'm not mistaken.

Many thanks!!
    No real idea. I have a 1.3.3 build available if you want to email me, but there are a huge amount of features that are pending merge back into the mainline codebase. I just haven't found the time to clean the code up and test it all.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

No real idea. I have a 1.3.3 build available if you want to email me, but there are a huge amount of features that are pending merge back into the mainline codebase. I just haven't found the time to clean the code up and test it all.

-Ted
      Looking forward to finished version my friend.

Comment

-Ted
        Fair enough! Take your time, I have a 1.2k mile trip planned for this weekend, and I need the BlueBus to work properly… I can play beta tester once I’m back from my holidays

Thank you once again for the great product you’ve created!
        2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
        2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Has anyone had any issue with a parasitic draw with the 2nd version? I have the first version it my car and it’s fine. My dad has the 2nd, in an all stock (he is original owner) e46. Ever since he installed it it has been draining his battery and it killed the battery over the winter. He didn’t drive the car for a week last week and his new battery was completely dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekpoint View Post
            Has anyone had any issue with a parasitic draw with the 2nd version? I have the first version it my car and it's fine. My dad has the 2nd, in an all stock (he is original owner) e46. Ever since he installed it it has been draining his battery and it killed the battery over the winter. He didn't drive the car for a week last week and his new battery was completely dead.
            I do not have that parasitic draw issue with my “V2” hardware.

Comment

Has anyone had any issue with a parasitic draw with the 2nd version? I have the first version it my car and it’s fine. My dad has the 2nd, in an all stock (he is original owner) e46. Ever since he installed it it has been draining his battery and it killed the battery over the winter. He didn’t drive the car for a week last week and his new battery was completely dead.
              Neither of my E46s have this problem. Are you familiar with the steps to ensure the BlueBus is sleeping?

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Neither of my E46s have this problem. Are you familiar with the steps to ensure the BlueBus is sleeping?

Thanks!
                -Ted
                I'm having the same issue and am not aware of the steps to ensure it's sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by duperdog View Post
                  I'm having the same issue and am not aware of the steps to ensure it's sleeping.
                  1. Open the trunk
                  2. Ensure the LED (green or blue) on the BlueBus is visible.
                  3. Remove the key from the ignition
                  4. Close all the doors minus the trunk
                  5. Walk away for 5 minutes.

When you return, the LED on the BlueBus should be out. If it isn't, then I need to investigate the cause (the only one I am aware of is the center console phone keeping the car awake when you replace the factory TCU with a BlueBus).

​​​​​​​-Ted

Comment

1. Open the trunk

When you return, the LED on the BlueBus should be out. If it isn't, then I need to investigate the cause (the only one I am aware of is the center console phone keeping the car awake when you replace the factory TCU with a BlueBus).

​​​​​​​-Ted
                    Ok, the light went out after a few minutes. Now I need to track down the "real" parasitic drain. Thanks for the help!

Comment

1. Open the trunk

-Ted
                      Sent him this, I will report back either tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

1. Open the trunk

-Ted
                        He left the car sitting all night, blue light was still on this morning. Although his phone doesn’t see it on Bluetooth.

Comment

He left the car sitting all night, blue light was still on this morning. Although his phone doesn’t see it on Bluetooth.
                          Do you think he could follow this process (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log) and just leave the laptop in the trunk for 15 minutes or so? The log will help me narrow down the chatty cathy.

-Ted

Comment

Do you think he could follow this process (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log) and just leave the laptop in the trunk for 15 minutes or so? The log will help me narrow down the chatty cathy.

-Ted
                            Will go home this weekend and do this for him. Will report back via email.

Comment

Has anyone's unit just stopped functioning? Power light shows, but there seems to be no communication with the headunit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
                                Has anyone's unit just stopped functioning? Power light shows, but there seems to be no communication with the headunit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                This isn’t outside the realm of possibility. Did you
                                cycle power to the unit? What software version are you on?

Sometimes it can get stuck in endless loops (well, I don’t know of any in current builds, but it has happened).

I’ve been meaning to implement the hardware watchdog timer.

-Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X