BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
    Don't call victory just yet... parts are on their way, I still have to take half my interior apart and install everything 😅

Fairly confident it will work out thought, the BlueBus will be installed soon. No way I'll drive 2000 miles over Christmas without it (if Covid allows it...).
    Got all the parts today, couldn't resist so the interior is disassembled already, ready to wire everything in tomorrow. All of you in the US have no idea how lucky you are to have the CD changer and telephone prewiring...

t3ddftw let me know if you would like me to write some sort of a tutorial or guide for those users in Europe who need to do some wiring in order to get the BlueBus working in their cars.
    2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
    2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
      Just wanted to share my experience here, another happy customer... The BB is fantastic and works well with the OE TCU for those that want to go that route. I did it just to keep as much originality in the car, besides the TCU does a fine job.

Thanks, Ted for the support and help, really great.
      Thanks! I'm glad you're finally enjoying it

Got all the parts today, couldn't resist so the interior is disassembled already, ready to wire everything in tomorrow. All of you in the US have no idea how lucky you are to have the CD changer and telephone prewiring...

t3ddftw let me know if you would like me to write some sort of a tutorial or guide for those users in Europe who need to do some wiring in order to get the BlueBus working in their cars.
      Please do document it if you don't mind! I can put it up on the site.

1.1.17 is coming really soon, with Internationalization support (English, German, Russian***, and Spanglish) is the big feature.

Thanks!
      -Ted

***Requires the hacked up MKIV v32 software with Cyrillic character support

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
        1.1.17 is coming really soon, with Internationalization support (English, German, Russian***, and Spanglish) is the big feature.
        Is la version spanglish something como esta sentence?
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Is la version spanglish something como esta sentence?
          It's more of a:
          ~ Menu Principal ~
          "Dashboard"
          "Dispositivos"
          "Ajustes"

There's a 16 character limit per line, so I've been having trouble with the verbosity of Spanish. I had the same issue with German but dertimaushh was kind enough to abbreviate things to a manageable length .

Thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

Please do document it if you don't mind! I can put it up on the site.

Thanks!
            -Ted

***Requires the hacked up MKIV v32 software with Cyrillic character support
            I'll document the process! Can't promise many pictures, but I will write up a step-by-step guide and a list of parts needed. Should save people quite a lot of work researching wiring diagrams and part numbers. Today I finished al the wiring, only thing left to do is plug the BB in. Fingers crossed...

I also tried to shorten the Spanish translations, it's an awfully wordy language! I'm sure Spanglish is better than nada though
            2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
            2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

I'll document the process! Can't promise many pictures, but I will write up a step-by-step guide and a list of parts needed. Should save people quite a lot of work researching wiring diagrams and part numbers. Today I finished al the wiring, only thing left to do is plug the BB in. Fingers crossed...

I also tried to shorten the Spanish translations, it's an awfully wordy language! I'm sure Spanglish is better than nada though
              Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks! I speak Spanish as I was raised bilingually, but my vocabulary in Spanish is stunted at a First Grade level, lol.

-Ted

Comment

There's a 16 character limit per line, so I've been having trouble with the verbosity of Spanish. I had the same issue with German but dertimaushh was kind enough to abbreviate things to a manageable length .
                Oh I see. Yeah that character limit makes things a bit harder. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with decent translations for the missing strings.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

According to a video from yesterday on Youtube, 1.1.17 already seems to be live? If I understand correctly, you have to update the firmware to get the other language menu strings?

t3ddftw, if you manage to implement a DRL function like the Intravee has, then I'll buy another BlueBus. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by User123 View Post
                    According to a video from yesterday on Youtube, 1.1.17 already seems to be live? If I understand correctly, you have to update the firmware to get the other language menu strings?

t3ddftw, if you manage to implement a DRL function like the Intravee has, then I'll buy another BlueBus. 😉
                    1.1.17 is not available to the public yet as I am still messing around with things (like I just added Dutch to the language selection).

DRLs will eventually come, but they require that I refactor the code that handles lighting into a timer because I'll have to set the state of the light diagnostics before it times out (every 15 seconds).

Thanks,
                    -Ted

Comment

I am pretty sure Richard would help you with that DRL thing.

One more thing. If the car has the old SES with module, then commands like "show petrol stations", "show hotels", "scale 2km" and record note will not work anymore with the BlueBus connected, right?
                      Last edited by User123; 11-19-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by User123 View Post
                        I am pretty sure Richard would help you with that DRL thing.
                        It's not so much that I don't have the knowledge of how to accomplish the feature so much as there are a lot of moving pieces of code involved.

The BlueBus codebase is 10,112 lines of code

-Ted

Comment

Cleaned up the spanish translations as best I could Ted. Still some spanglish here and there, but I think it's better than before.

Comment

Hi Ted, i noticed that the unlock feature does not unlock all the vehicle. That is, the rear hatch is not active until I unlock the car with the central lock or from the key fob.

Comment

Hi Ted, i noticed that the unlock feature does not unlock all the vehicle. That is, the rear hatch is not active until I unlock the car with the central lock or from the key fob.
                              I can confirm that. The same here with the firmware 1.1.16.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                                Cleaned up the spanish translations as best I could Ted. Still some spanglish here and there, but I think it's better than before.
                                Thanks! I made some changes myself, so I will reconcile them

Originally posted by hahnweiler View Post

I can confirm that. The same here with the firmware 1.1.16.
                                This is expected. Unlocking the trunk is a completely different diagnostic command. I'll think about this and if it makes sense to have the trunk unlock as well.

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X