No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ted, I just filed a bug in github, I found several issues in my Z4M. I wonder if these are known, or some may be "normal". I am listing those below
    1. The settings menu is not persistent, the bluebus continues to return to the "main page"; to adjust settings you need to do it very quickly before it kicks you out. This means the settings need to be adjusted quickly and blindly
    2. When autoplay is off, the bluebus constantly pauses music, if enabled (on), you cannot pause it (it resumes playing). Also, you can perceive audio coming up and down as the system pauses and then auto-plays again.
    3. When connected to the phone and streaming musing, if I try to use the AUX mode to reproduce music, it is as if the phone stays in Bluetooth mode and pause, so no sound comes out.
    4. When in Bluetooth mode, the clock button does not display the time, even when metadata is off.
    5. When the car is turned off (key in 0 position) the musing stops, but the radio display remains on, I have not timed for how long until it goes to sleep.
    I hope you can help

Comment

Also: Any German's looking to translate the BlueBus menu strings? Someone just submitted code to support Russian (which was shoe-horned into the MKIV software by those crafty Ruskies).
      Done :-)

Best regards,
      Tim

Comment

I received my BlueBus back at the end of August and I still haven't installed it 🤦‍♂️

Today I finally got everything ordered to retrofit my E46 320d Touring with the CD-changer pre-wiring and the OEM microphone. Once it's in the car, I'll try to post a summary of what I did in order to get it all installed OEM-style. I was going to place the BlueBus in the space behind the glovebox used to mount extra modules but I finally decided to challenge myself and wire everything to the boot. It will be easier to update the BlueBus from there and things are tight enough under the dashboard as it is, no need to add yet another item.

Here's a list of the parts I ordered:

- OEM steering column-mounted mic for E46 convertible and Z4 (improved reception and easier to mount since I haven't got any holes in my headliner): 84 31 6 937 391
        - Steering column upper trim piece with hole for mic: 32 31 6 765 803
        - CD changer connection cable: 61 12 8 374 683
        - CD changer power and I-BUS cable: 61 12 9 410 959
        - 2x round pins for Telephone ON and Telephone -> Radio MUTE signals at X18126: 61 13 5 A07 B73
        - Pins for the Mic +ve/-ve, Tel. audio +ve/-ve: 61 13 0 005 197
        - 0,35 mm² wires to build up the telephone function cable

I'll keep you posted with my progress, I cannot wait to have all this new functionality in the Touring!

2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
        2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by dertimaushh View Post

Best regards,
          Tim
          Servus, did you translate into German? Do you also have a CD54?

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
            Hi Ted, I just filed a bug in github, I found several issues in my Z4M. I wonder if these are known, or some may be "normal". I am listing those below
            1. The settings menu is not persistent, the bluebus continues to return to the "main page"; to adjust settings you need to do it very quickly before it kicks you out. This means the settings need to be adjusted quickly and blindly
            2. When autoplay is off, the bluebus constantly pauses music, if enabled (on), you cannot pause it (it resumes playing). Also, you can perceive audio coming up and down as the system pauses and then auto-plays again.
            3. When connected to the phone and streaming musing, if I try to use the AUX mode to reproduce music, it is as if the phone stays in Bluetooth mode and pause, so no sound comes out.
            4. When in Bluetooth mode, the clock button does not display the time, even when metadata is off.
            5. When the car is turned off (key in 0 position) the musing stops, but the radio display remains on, I have not timed for how long until it goes to sleep.
            I hope you can help
            Just wrote you back: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...ment-727667271

Originally posted by dertimaushh View Post

Best regards,
            Tim
            Thank you so much for this! I will check it out tomorrow, but one thing to note is that there is a 16 character string maximum length.

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
            I received my BlueBus back at the end of August and I still haven't installed it 🤦‍♂️

Today I finally got everything ordered to retrofit my E46 320d Touring with the CD-changer pre-wiring and the OEM microphone. Once it's in the car, I'll try to post a summary of what I did in order to get it all installed OEM-style. I was going to place the BlueBus in the space behind the glovebox used to mount extra modules but I finally decided to challenge myself and wire everything to the boot. It will be easier to update the BlueBus from there and things are tight enough under the dashboard as it is, no need to add yet another item.

Here's a list of the parts I ordered:

- OEM steering column-mounted mic for E46 convertible and Z4 (improved reception and easier to mount since I haven't got any holes in my headliner): 84 31 6 937 391
            - Steering column upper trim piece with hole for mic: 32 31 6 765 803
            - CD changer connection cable: 61 12 8 374 683
            - CD changer power and I-BUS cable: 61 12 9 410 959
            - 2x round pins for Telephone ON and Telephone -> Radio MUTE signals at X18126: 61 13 5 A07 B73
            - Pins for the Mic +ve/-ve, Tel. audio +ve/-ve: 61 13 0 005 197
            - 0,35 mm² wires to build up the telephone function cable

I'll keep you posted with my progress, I cannot wait to have all this new functionality in the Touring!
            Sounds like you did a lot of hard work, but you got it installed cleanly! Great work!

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

Servus, did you translate into German? Do you also have a CD54?
            He has the Navigation system.

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

Just wanted to share my experience here, another happy customer... The BB is fantastic and works well with the OE TCU for those that want to go that route. I did it just to keep as much originality in the car, besides the TCU does a fine job.

Thanks, Ted for the support and help, really great.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
                Sounds like you did a lot of hard work, but you got it installed cleanly! Great work!
                Don't call victory just yet... parts are on their way, I still have to take half my interior apart and install everything 😅

Fairly confident it will work out thought, the BlueBus will be installed soon. No way I'll drive 2000 miles over Christmas without it (if Covid allows it...).
                2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
                2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Any update so far about shipping the order numbers 1050-1173, since nothing was shipped around 2nd November as estimated?

Comment

Originally posted by User123 View Post
                    Any update so far about shipping the order numbers 1050-1173, since nothing was shipped around 2nd November as estimated?
                    All units have shipped as of last week. Shoot me an email for your tracking number if you didn't get one -- some of the international orders didn't get an update email with tracking due to technical limitations.

Thanks!
                    -Ted

Comment

Anyone not very mechanically inclined have this installed at a shop or want to take a guess at what this should run me?

Comment

Originally posted by Swizbeatz View Post
                        Anyone not very mechanically inclined have this installed at a shop or want to take a guess at what this should run me?
                        On an E46 I wouldn't pay more than 0.75 hours labor. It takes me 10 minutes, but I'm on my 900th rodeo.

It's really not remotely hard to install.

-Ted
                        Last edited by t3ddftw; 11-17-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

just installed this today and would put it at a 1/10 difficulty level. I recommend you just do it yourself. Feel free to message me if you need any assistance

Comment

Awesome thanks guys. I got into the video a bit more and it seems easy enough. Is the install in the trunk even if you don’t have the CD changer? Just order through the website regardless and anything I need will be there? Putting the car away for the winter but this sounds awesome to get ready for the spring.

Comment

Awesome thanks guys. I got into the video a bit more and it seems easy enough. Is the install in the trunk even if you don’t have the CD changer? Just order through the website regardless and anything I need will be there? Putting the car away for the winter but this sounds awesome to get ready for the spring.
                              yes. there will be a bundle of two connectors next to the amplifier (I believe). These two connectors will go into the bluebus. If you opted to use the microphone for phone usage there will be another bundle of connectors right above the shock tower area. One of these connectors will plug into the connector provided by Ted (depending on what year your car is).

Comment

Mine an 04, I opted to order without the phone adaptor. If I’m driving for work I drive something else with hands free, I just want to be able to stream music. Can’t wait! Probably the thing that bugs me most about driving the M3 instead of a newer car, the radio is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X