X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest firmware, 1.1.16

Changelog :

[Handler]
    * Fix bug where volume changes outside of a call impacted the call volume offset
    * Set maximum volume offset for calls to 30 steps
    * Fix bug where call status was not correctly set all the time
    * Improve caller ID
    * Report CD 7 for MID / CD53 UIs so that all 1-6 button presses result in a disc change event from the radio

[MID UI]
    * Prevent screen refresh every ten seconds by responding wit the Everest TCU signature to `0x02`
    * Add metadata off mode
    * Add "Mode" button to BlueBus UI

[CD53 UI]
    * Add newer CD53 (E8x) support by listening to telephone events and responding to them

[Upgrade]
    * Add batch three cVc license

[Misc]
    * Update defines for events
    * Update to MPLAB X 5.35
    * Remove PLLCLK register settings for WM8804

Source : https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus

Comment

Originally posted by Doudou View Post
      Latest firmware, 1.1.16

Changelog :

[Handler]
      * Fix bug where volume changes outside of a call impacted the call volume offset
      * Set maximum volume offset for calls to 30 steps
      * Fix bug where call status was not correctly set all the time
      * Improve caller ID
      * Report CD 7 for MID / CD53 UIs so that all 1-6 button presses result in a disc change event from the radio

[MID UI]
      * Prevent screen refresh every ten seconds by responding wit the Everest TCU signature to `0x02`
      * Add metadata off mode
      * Add "Mode" button to BlueBus UI

[CD53 UI]
      * Add newer CD53 (E8x) support by listening to telephone events and responding to them

[Upgrade]
      * Add batch three cVc license

[Misc]
      * Update defines for events
      * Update to MPLAB X 5.35
      * Remove PLLCLK register settings for WM8804

Source : https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus
      Is there a how to guide for updating the firmware please?

Comment

I got notified my unit is shipping today, should I update or just install as is? mine is a Z4M

Comment

Originally posted by ujjbd16 View Post

Is there a how to guide for updating the firmware please?
          A Bluetooth module for vehicles equipped with I-Bus - tedsalmon/BlueBus

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
          I got notified my unit is shipping today, should I update or just install as is? mine is a Z4M
          It'll come with the latest firmware. I do recommend installing it with a USB cable attached for future updates, though.

-Ted

Comment

Hey there Ted, is it possible to drop the latest *.hex link (when there is one) in the Firmware Upgrade instruction page? I recently had to install 1.1.15.3 and had to go scrolling through pages of this forum. Plus, one is relying on seeing the post notifying of an upgrade which can quickly get buried. More straightforward if everything needed is in one place.
            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
              Hey there Ted, is it possible to drop the latest *.hex link (when there is one) in the Firmware Upgrade instruction page? I recently had to install 1.1.15.3 and had to go scrolling through pages of this forum. Plus, one is relying on seeing the post notifying of an upgrade which can quickly get buried. More straightforward if everything needed is in one place.
              Excellent idea...

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Hey Ted,

Been using the BlueBus for over 3 months now and it works like a dream, you have made an excellent product and I appreciate all the work gone into it.

I have two questions;

1. Are there any plans to add additional sensor pulls off the iBus other than Coolant Temp ? Would love to be able to have Hydraulic Pressure displayed from my SMG unit..
                2. How do I install the Firmware Update Tool under Ubuntu ?

Thanks again...

Comment

Hi Ted... it seems my unit was delivered back to you today... let me know if you can ship it once more soon... I have the car apart for it

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                    Originally posted by tabora View Post
                    Excellent idea...
                    A fully integrated Bluetooth module for your vintage BMW

Sorry -- I haven't been ignoring you guys, I just didn't want to post while empty-handed.

Originally posted by Skaggie View Post
                    Hey Ted,

Been using the BlueBus for over 3 months now and it works like a dream, you have made an excellent product and I appreciate all the work gone into it.

I have two questions;

1. Are there any plans to add additional sensor pulls off the iBus other than Coolant Temp ? Would love to be able to have Hydraulic Pressure displayed from my SMG unit..
                    2. How do I install the Firmware Update Tool under Ubuntu ?

Thanks again...

Thanks!

1. The coolant temperature is broadcast onto the I/K-Bus by the IKE, which is why I can grab it. It isn't possible to pull arbitrary values as the product stands. At some point I might create an I/K-Bus -> D-Bus gateway (which would be an add-on product as it would require additional hardware and installation) which would allow this.
                    2. Your best bet is to directly use the Python script: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/te...rmware_tool.py You will need Python 3.7 and the following packages: `tk_tools pyserial intelhex`. I do offer a pyinstaller-fied variant, but it's built on my machine which is running Fedora 30 and seemingly only likes to run on other Fedora-based distros.

-Ted

Comment

hello Ted, we have to take care of the CD54 too.

Should I send you one?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
                        hello Ted, we have to take care of the CD54 too.

Should I send you one?
                        Sorry -- refresh my memory on what you hope I can achieve with the CD54? I recall not being able to write more to the screen than the CD53, but that's it

Also: Any German's looking to translate the BlueBus menu strings? Someone just submitted code to support Russian (which was shoe-horned into the MKIV software by those crafty Ruskies).

Click image for larger version

Name:	98698765-78d95c00-2387-11eb-9fec-f05f9a07a5d9.gif
Views:	481
Size:	783.8 KB
ID:	66920

Localization support added. For now only Russian language is available. As navigation software with modified glyphs is quite common in Russian-speaking countries, I made some quirks to support 192-...

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

I'll make a video of the operation.

If the Bluebus is running, you cannot set the tones.
                          I cannot use the controls, nothing can be adjusted.

To switch to a radio station you have to press the FM button 3-4 times and then the transmitter button twice

etc

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
                            I'll make a video of the operation.

If the Bluebus is running, you cannot set the tones.
                            I cannot use the controls, nothing can be adjusted.

To switch to a radio station you have to press the FM button 3-4 times and then the transmitter button twice

etc
                            I think this is the same for all Business CDs? The fix is to hit the #2 button before attempting to do anything outside of the BlueBus UI.

Unlike the Nav UI, the I-Bus is not informed when you're changing the audio controls, nor when you're trying to exit Bluetooth mode.

I'd still like to see the issue in action, though.

Thanks!
                            -Ted

Comment

Ted,

Before I chuck an issue on git (if you would like it there), is there a reason why in the radio I have once I turn it off it continues displaying the current song (even though the song is paused so it is getting the stop message) or is this another limitation of the radio I have

Edit: Seems as though it only pauses when the radio turns on (for a split second then starts playing again). So maybe its my radio not sending an off signal?
                              Last edited by calmelb; 11-11-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by calmelb View Post
                                Ted,

Before I chuck an issue on git (if you would like it there), is there a reason why in the radio I have once I turn it off it continues displaying the current song (even though the song is paused so it is getting the stop message) or is this another limitation of the radio I have

Edit: Seems as though it only pauses when the radio turns on (for a split second then starts playing again). So maybe its my radio not sending an off signal?
                                A log would be most useful . https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X