No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine just arrived today, it looks great. I'm looking around for the latest firmware, or does this batch already have it installed?
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
      Mine just arrived today, it looks great. I'm looking around for the latest firmware, or does this batch already have it installed?
      I think Ted mentioned earlier that the latest firmware was installed during the recall. V14 is the latest, so if you’re showing that, you should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by GyroF-16 View Post
        Hi Ted-
        got my BlueBus back last week, and just reinstalled it today. Music plays fine, but no audio on phone calls. The person on the other end can hear me, but I can’t hear anything. Playing back voicemails is silent as well. It all worked fine (except for a little echoing) before sending it in for recall. I sent you an email with a little more info.

Anyone else seeing this after recall?
        Replied to your email . The recall doesn't mess with anything that would impact call audio, though. At least not in "Bluetooth" mode

Originally posted by calmelb View Post
        Hi Ted,

I was just wondering how the recall will work for those of us outside NA/Europe?

Also a feature request, when the BB wakes up with the car (such as unlocking it) can it estabilish a bluetooth connection then, so that by the time you start the car your phone & the BB have done the bluetooth handoff and the music is able to play immediately? I can't imagine it would be a huge drain on the battery because its only whilst the BB is awake
        I've got a couple leads on electronics shops in Australia that are willing to do the work. Only 13 units in AUS / NZ, thankfully!

I've thought about that, but it would be a bit annoying to be on a call, then unlock your car only to have the call routed to a car that is not in a state where it can handle said call. Same for music playback.

Originally posted by GyroF-16 View Post

I think Ted mentioned earlier that the latest firmware was installed during the recall. V14 is the latest, so if you’re showing that, you should be good to go.
        This is correct. All new units are going out with the latest firmware.

Thanks!
        -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

I've thought about that, but it would be a bit annoying to be on a call, then unlock your car only to have the call routed to a car that is not in a state where it can handle said call. Same for music playback.
          i will have to agree with this. i currently have a grom unit and the way it is instructed to be wired, if i'm on the phone and walking up to the car to unlock it, the grom unit turns on and the call/music immediately transfers. the car is off, so i can't hear anything and i have to disable bluetooth to get the call back. same goes for me working on my car. if i open the door, or the trunk, or do something that "wakes it up", the grom grabs the BT signal. it's very very frustrating. i much prefer the unit only take control of phone/audio when the car is turned on and ready to receive it.

just my 2 cents.
          Last edited by MarcoPolo; 07-28-2020, 05:17 PM.
          '06 Carbon Black
          Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

I've got a couple leads on electronics shops in Australia that are willing to do the work. Only 13 units in AUS / NZ, thankfully!
            Ah didn't realise they were so rare down under! If you want me to help out by being a local contact I'm happy to help where I can!

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

i will have to agree with this. i currently have a grom unit and the way it is instructed to be wired, if i'm on the phone and walking up to the car to unlock it, the grom unit turns on and the car immediately transfers. the car is off, so i can't hear anything and i have to disable bluetooth to get the call back. same goes for me working on my car. if i open the door, or the trunk, or do something that "wakes it up", the grom grabs the BT signal. it's very very frustrating. i much prefer the unit only take control of phone/audio when the car is turned on and ready to receive it.

just my 2 cents.
            That's very fair. I only noticed it in our other car (an E90) where the aftermarket bluetooth is only doing music not phone (Stock TCU for phone) so hadn't thought of that issue!

Comment

Sent u a PM, checking if any updates for me, thanks
              Last edited by TropicalM3; 07-30-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post
                Sent u a PM, checking if any updates for me, thanks
                I have your unit, just trying to make some kind of receipt before I mail it back out

Comment

Just received the newly tuned up BlueBus, and it appears to be working like a champ! Local weather will be about 115 degrees today, so, we'll check out that a/c feature!
                  Remarkable customer service and turnaround time, Ted.
                  Thanks!
                  Steve

Comment

Have had my unit back for three days now been working great.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
                      Just received the newly tuned up BlueBus, and it appears to be working like a champ! Local weather will be about 115 degrees today, so, we'll check out that a/c feature!
                      Remarkable customer service and turnaround time, Ted.
                      Thanks!
                      Steve
                      Awesome! I have the IHKA on my bench, but it's not yet wired in as I have been busy shipping units like a madman.

Originally posted by Feakara View Post
                      Have had my unit back for three days now been working great.
                      Great to hear!

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

You are a madman
                        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I'll shoot you an email with an experimental firmware. It'll probably be Monday as I am working hard on fulfilling orders this weekend.

Thanks!
                          -Ted
                          hello ted, my bluebus has come back from Michael Boahen. Say thank you for that ...

If your time allows, could we now try the firmware?

greetings

Comment

any shipping update for the tcu adapters?
                            2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

hello ted, my bluebus has come back from Michael Boahen. Say thank you for that ...

If your time allows, could we now try the firmware?

greetings
                              Give me until early next week on this, please.

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post
                              any shipping update for the tcu adapters?
                              Howdy! Can you PM me the order number for the TCU adapter? I have very few "adapter only" orders.

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

ted,
                                if you don't mind....what is the latest on Wave2 orders.
                                '06 Carbon Black
                                Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Working...
                                X