Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

A fully integrated Bluetooth module for your vintage BMW

Thanks! Hope you and the family had a Merry Xmas!
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Thanks! Hope you and the family had a Merry Xmas!
      Thanks, man! You as well!

Comment

Do I have to do anything special to get the BlueBus recognized by my Windows PC? I've plugged it in (tried different cables with the same result) and the light on the BB goes green, but no devices show up in Windows. The Firmware Tool never shows anything other than "Select Device" and my Device Manager doesn't show any new USB devices either.

Should I try my MacBook Pro instead?
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
          Do I have to do anything special to get the BlueBus recognized by my Windows PC? I've plugged it in (tried different cables with the same result) and the light on the BB goes green, but no devices show up in Windows. The Firmware Tool never shows anything other than "Select Device" and my Device Manager doesn't show any new USB devices either.

Should I try my MacBook Pro instead?
          From what you describe it could be one of two things:

1. The cable you're using is "charge only" (manufacturers remove the D+/D- wires to save on cost).

2. The BlueBus case is interfering with the USB cable and preventing it from seating all the way. Crack the case just a tad to see if that helps.

-Ted

Comment

From what you describe it could be one of two things:

1. The cable you're using is "charge only" (manufacturers remove the D+/D- wires to save on cost).

2. The BlueBus case is interfering with the USB cable and preventing it from seating all the way. Crack the case just a tad to see if that helps.

-Ted
            Ugh, it was #1. Somehow the two cables in a row that I grabbed must have both been charge-only. I yanked the cable to my DAC which I knew had to run data, and it worked like a charm. Thanks!
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Can I have you follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Then run these two commands (each with an enter at the end):

bt cvc on
              bt mgain c1

That should help a lot.

Thanks!
              -Ted
              Hey Ted,

I have ran these 2 commands in the terminal, but still have an echo issue (in the car is OK, but the caller ear his own voice)
              It seems that the echo is reduced since I ran the 2 commands but still present. I have to put the volume very very low to stop the echo (at this volume I cannot hear the caller with the engine turned on - S54 noise ahah)
              I called from bluetooth mode, my mic is the OEM 84318380319 in its original headliner spot.
              Should I try something else to improve (mic bias for example) ?

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Hello,

I saw on an earlier post the noise with dsp when there is no sound from phone.

I'm having it, no way to stop this ? Any workaround ? (I switch off the post until i start the music again)

Comment

Originally posted by Doudou View Post

Hey Ted,

I have ran these 2 commands in the terminal, but still have an echo issue (in the car is OK, but the caller ear his own voice)
                  It seems that the echo is reduced since I ran the 2 commands but still present. I have to put the volume very very low to stop the echo (at this volume I cannot hear the caller with the engine turned on - S54 noise ahah)
                  I called from bluetooth mode, my mic is the OEM 84318380319 in its original headliner spot.
                  Should I try something else to improve (mic bias for example) ?

Thanks a lot !

Doudou,

Are the six pin connector wires anywhere near the telephone adapter wires? Does your telephone adapter have a thick grey wire on it? Wire routing can be important as the microphone wires are sensitive.

Unfortunately there's not much to do at this point. You can try turning off Mic Bias, but I don't believe it'll make much of an impact.

Does the other party clearly hear themselves echo, or is it just the first word of the beginning of each statement?

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                  Hello,

I'm having it, no way to stop this ? Any workaround ? (I switch off the post until i start the music again)
                  There's not a fix for this. I haven't had a chance to try out some different settings for the S/PDIF stream. Essentially, you're just hearing trash noise that is in the Amplifier because the BlueBus stops streaming data to it.

So, it's possible there's a fix but I haven't nailed it down yet .

Thanks!
                  -Ted

Comment

Doudou,

Are the six pin connector wires anywhere near the telephone adapter wires? Does your telephone adapter have a thick grey wire on it? Wire routing can be important as the microphone wires are sensitive.

Unfortunately there's not much to do at this point. You can try turning off Mic Bias, but I don't believe it'll make much of an impact.

Does the other party clearly hear themselves echo, or is it just the first word of the beginning of each statement?

There's not a fix for this. I haven't had a chance to try out some different settings for the S/PDIF stream. Essentially, you're just hearing trash noise that is in the Amplifier because the BlueBus stops streaming data to it.

So, it's possible there's a fix but I haven't nailed it down yet .

Thanks!
                    -Ted
                    Keep the faith, Ted! Everybody knows you can fix this glitch!

Comment

Doudou,

Thanks!
                      -Ted
                      I will try to isolate at maximum the audio cable from the telephone adapter in the trunk, I'm not sure that's currently the case.
                      The telephone adapter has the thick grey cable.
                      It seems that the caller hear fully themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                        Hello,

Upgrading to firmware https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona..._17_beta_7.hex helped alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doudou View Post

I will try to isolate at maximum the audio cable from the telephone adapter in the trunk, I'm not sure that's currently the case.
                          The telephone adapter has the thick grey cable.
                          It seems that the caller hear fully themselves.
                          Can you follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Then email me or post the output of these commands?

Code:
                          set log bt on
                          bt config
                          bt version
                          bt license
                          set log bt off

Originally posted by User123 View Post

Upgrading to firmware https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona..._17_beta_7.hex helped alot.
                          This is good to know! I did make some changes to help improve this in that firmware, but I heard back that it did not fix the issue.

-Ted

Comment

Can you follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Then email me or post the output of these commands?

Code:
                            set log bt on
                            bt config
                            bt version
                            bt license
                            set log bt off

-Ted
                            Here is the log :

Code:
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            BlueBus Firmware: 1.1.17
                            Try HELP or ?
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            # [17027] DEBUG: BT: CHARGER_DISABLED
                            set log bt on
                            OK
                            # bt config
                            [28913] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'CONFIG'
                            OK
                            # [28932] DEBUG: BT: AUDIO=0 1
                            [28937] DEBUG: BT: AUDIO_ANALOG=2 15 0 OFF
                            [28942] DEBUG: BT: AUDIO_DIGITAL=2 44100 0 0 OFF
                            [28946] DEBUG: BT: AUTOCONN=0
                            [28950] DEBUG: BT: AUTO_DATA=OFF OFF
                            [28954] DEBUG: BT: BALANCE=100 100
                            [28959] DEBUG: BT: BATT_CONFIG=OFF 145 4250 1500 150
                            [28964] DEBUG: BT: BC_SMART_CONFIG=68E3 28F0 89F7 D93C
                            [28969] DEBUG: BT: BEACON_DATA=0 00 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 AA BB CC DD EE FF 04 D2 16 2E EE
                            [28973] DEBUG: BT: BLE_CONFIG=0 OFF 80 ON
                            [28977] DEBUG: BT: BLE_CONN_PARAMS=128 12 24 40 0 400 100 400 400 64 400 400
                            [28981] DEBUG: BT: BT_STATE_CONFIG=2 2
                            [28986] DEBUG: BT: BT_VOL_CONFIG=F 100 10 1
                            [28990] DEBUG: BT: CLASS_1=OFF
                            [28995] DEBUG: BT: CMD_TO=20
                            [28999] DEBUG: BT: COD=240404
                            [29003] DEBUG: BT: CODEC=1 OFF
                            [29008] DEBUG: BT: DEEP_SLEEP=OFF
                            [29013] DEBUG: BT: DEVICE_ID=0001 0002 0003 0004 0005 0006 0007 0008
                            [29017] DEBUG: BT: ENABLE_BATT_IND=ON
                            [29021] DEBUG: BT: ENABLE_LED=ON
                            [29025] DEBUG: BT: ENABLE_SPP_SNIFF=OFF 0 0 0 0 0
                            [29029] DEBUG: BT: GPIO_CONFIG=ON 0
                            [29034] DEBUG: BT: HFP_CONFIG=ON ON ON ON ON OFF
                            [29038] DEBUG: BT: HIGH_SPEED=OFF OFF
                            [29042] DEBUG: BT: LOCAL_ADDR=20FABB0E924B 000000000000
                            [29046] DEBUG: BT: MAX_REC=2
                            [29051] DEBUG: BT: MM=OFF OFF 0 OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF
                            [29055] DEBUG: BT: MUSIC_META_DATA=ON
                            [29059] DEBUG: BT: MUSIC_OLD_AVRCP=OFF
                            [29063] DEBUG: BT: NAME=BlueBus
                            [29068] DEBUG: BT: NAME_SHORT=BlueBus
                            [29072] DEBUG: BT: PIN=0000
                            [29076] DEBUG: BT: PROFILES=1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0
                            [29080] DEBUG: BT: REMOTE_ADDR=000000000000
                            [29085] DEBUG: BT: SPP_UUID=00 00 11 01 00 00 10 00 80 00 00 80 5F 9B 34 FB
                            [29090] DEBUG: BT: SSP_CAPS=3
                            [29845] INFO: BT: RX Queue Timeout
                            bt version
                            [49452] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'VERSION'
                            OK
                            # [49474] DEBUG: BT: Sierra Wireless Copyright 2018
                            [49479] DEBUG: BT: Melody Audio V7.3
                            [49484] DEBUG: BT: Build: 1544637564
                            [49488] DEBUG: BT: Boot Complete
                            [49492] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'STATUS'
                            [49511] DEBUG: BT: Bluetooth addresses: 20FABB0E924B 000000000000
                            [49517] DEBUG: BT: Profiles: A2DP AVRCP HFP SPP PBAP MAP TWS
                            [49521] DEBUG: BT: Codecs: SBC AAC
                            [49525] DEBUG: BT: OK
                            [49529] DEBUG: BT: STATE CONNECTED[0] CONNECTABLE[ON] DISCOVERABLE[ON] BLE[OFF]
                            [49533] DEBUG: BT: Got Status CONNECTABLE[ON] DISCOVERABLE[ON]
                            [49537] DEBUG: BT: OK
                            bt license
                            [58027] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'LICENSE'
                            OK
                            # [58046] DEBUG: BT: APTX=
                            [58050] DEBUG: BT: CVC=3A6B D812 D144 FC81 0000
                            [58054] DEBUG: BT: OK
                            set log bt off
                            OK
                            #
                            Thanks !

Comment

This is good to know! I did make some changes to help improve this in that firmware, but I heard back that it did not fix the issue.

-Ted
                              Crackling noise was much lesser after the update. With both, the faulty unit and the new one. But it is E39 DSP...

Comment

Hi, i'm still having boot issues in the M5...
                                On 5 times i take the car probably 3 or 4 have BT not detected...
                                Yesterday i un/replugged to force a reboot and it worked... today i took the car an again,not working...
                                Whereas in the 530i it works everytime...
                                I did not try to swap the modules.

There as both in 1.16

Comment

Working...
                                X