No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there a GB on the old forum, for this?

Comment

Hello,

I just received mine.
      May I ask were to find Firmware tool, latest FW, and insctructions to update ? as Github is down...

Thank you

Edit : Ok, found it with Google, links where dead for wiki on the board...

Edit 2 : I broke 2 pins from the 54 pin connector while removing them, luckily I was able to take them from SES connector instead.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	35899
      Edit 3 : can't browse contacts from car UI?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Orphee; 06-19-2020, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post

What was your order number? Mine is #795
        I am #559 and have not received it. I can't wait, though, as it looks incredible! The project Ted has put together is amazing.

Comment

So I tried it on the road... And...

The quality with DSP Digital is just AMAZING!!
          It's just crasy!
          I love it!

Comment

I've been trying to troubleshoot what connectors my car has and was wondering if anyone could shed some light. What's weird is the blue plug is only pinned until pin 17 and instead of a black 18 pin connector I have a white one (https://imgur.com/a/YA8XzmR/). Does anyone know what it is/ if not a place where I could get it checked? I want to install my bluebus with the phone harness but this is weird (have already emailed Ted and he is unsure too!)

Comment

Was there a GB?

Comment

Just got the TCU adapter installed. I'm going to throw a few pictures on here since my wiring was different than what's on GitHub.

The first picture is the adapter I got from Ted (left) with the connector in the car (right).
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5967.JPG
Views:	891
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	36185
                The picture on GitHub showed a grey/black connector, but mine was blue.

Next, align the adapter and the connector, noting the two little plastic pieces sticking out towards the bottom of the connector in the first picture. Those two little plastic pieces need to align with the two cutouts on Ted's adapter. Make sure the white swinging locking tab is in the "open" position as shown in this picture.

Name:	IMG_5970.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	36186

Finally, once you have the pieces lined up, rotate the white plastic tab to the "lock" position. As you rotate it, it will force the two pieces together. It should look like this when "locked."

Name:	IMG_5971.JPG
Views:	704
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	36187

I wasn't able to test it because the 762 microphone I bought off ebay doesn't match the connector I found in my headliner...
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's my next issue: I bought a 762 microphone off of ebay and it doesn't match up with the connector in the headliner. On the left is the connector that came with my ebay microphone, and on the right is the connector from my headliner.

Name:	IMG_5975.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	36190
                  You can see the ebay microphone wants a connector with a tab that sticks out to the side, but my car has a connector with a tab that sticks up.

Can anyone confirm that the white connector is the right one from the headliner? If so, what's the issue?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
                    Can anyone confirm that the white connector is the right one from the headliner? If so, what's the issue?
                    That's the homelink connector. Dig around in the headliner a bit more and you'll find the mic connector.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

That's the homelink connector. Dig around in the headliner a bit more and you'll find the mic connector.
                      You nailed it! I found the mic connector completely wrapped in that sticky black insulation, tucked up on the left side of the opening. Thanks!

Comment

Going to place an order for this. Finally located the 3 and 6 pin slave connectors since they were occupied by the audiovox unit.

Question for Ted or the folks that have installed this - if I have factory Bluetooth to make/receive calls, do I still need to plug in the tcu connector? Will I still retain this functionality?

Posting some pictures of the connectors for confirmation. Also - doesn’t seem like I have the digital output.

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
                          Was there a GB?
                          no

2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Sorry for seeming AFK -- I stopped getting update emails for this thread. I will respond to everyone tomorrow!

For those asking about purchasing, ECS has 12 available for pre-order still: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bluebus-.../bluebus1~blu/

Thanks!
                            -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Slight off topic, but do you know if the e39 M5 DSP amplifier can be retrofit into the e46? This would be a nice upgrade!
                              Sadly not as the harness connectors are totally different. I believe that the speakers are a different impedance even.

You can't even easily retrofit DSP into an E39 that came with the regular HiFi!

Originally posted by sev View Post
                              I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!! just got the case and the harness and installed them, and also updated to latest firmware. Ted, seriously great work!

BTW I had to turn up the gain on my mic to about +21db for it to be clear. Is this normal?
                              Thanks! If you have a "greenback" (319) microphone, this is pretty normal.

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

Hi Ted, it doesn't work with CD54. There is music playing, but you cannot select a function on any key?

Could it be because I had it on the BM54 before?
                              Andy, Most likely the BlueBus did not properly switch the UI from Navigation to CD5x mode. Can you try this firmware? https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_12.hex (Right Click > Save Link As / Save As).

Originally posted by Presice View Post

I've had to do the same (actually turned it up to +36db which is the max) and I'm using the stock mic. If someone calls me, they say it's still sounds a bit low. I did update to the latest firmware and that did increase the quality substantially. BTW, does anyone know what the Mic Bias option does?

Ted: The BlueBus is an incredible device, both as an idea and in its execution. It was easy to install and works incredibly well.
                              Mic bias enables the microphone bias generator (a 2v DC output that will help amplify the input from the microphone).

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                              Ted, I might have missed it, when do you expect the next batch to be ready for shipment?
                              Originally posted by Good View Post
                              Has the June batch been shipped out yet?
                              I may have a slight delay in production, which I will find out later today, but the current ETA is for units to be at my door this Friday.

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                              Hello,

I just received mine.
                              May I ask were to find Firmware tool, latest FW, and insctructions to update ? as Github is down...

Thank you

Edit : Ok, found it with Google, links where dead for wiki on the board...

Edit 2 : I broke 2 pins from the 54 pin connector while removing them, luckily I was able to take them from SES connector instead.

Click image for larger version Name:	BT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	35899
                              Edit 3 : can't browse contacts from car UI?
                              I have not implemented the functionality to browse contacts yet. That all has to be written into the BlueBus

Originally posted by jfrantz View Post

I am #559 and have not received it. I can't wait, though, as it looks incredible! The project Ted has put together is amazing.
                              You are waiting for the units that should be here late this week

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                              So I tried it on the road... And...

The quality with DSP Digital is just AMAZING!!
                              It's just crasy!
                              I love it!
                              DSP Digital mode is so damn good... The ADC in the DSP must just suck, cause there's a huge quality loss.

Originally posted by k3nny View Post
                              Going to place an order for this. Finally located the 3 and 6 pin slave connectors since they were occupied by the audiovox unit.

Question for Ted or the folks that have installed this - if I have factory Bluetooth to make/receive calls, do I still need to plug in the tcu connector? Will I still retain this functionality?

Posting some pictures of the connectors for confirmation. Also - doesn’t seem like I have the digital output.
                              You do not need the TCU adapter if you don't want to use the BlueBus for calling. The BlueBus also works well with the factory telephone IF you disable hands-free in the BlueBus

To everyone in the first batch of orders from December: Your orders have all shipped, and for the most part been delivered unless you're an international customer.

To everyone in the April batch of orders: I'm waiting for your units to arrive later this month. I'm hoping to have all of them shipped by mid-July. Shipping priority is based on order number (493 - 890)

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

I have not implemented the functionality to browse contacts yet. That all has to be written into the BlueBus

DSP Digital mode is so damn good... The ADC in the DSP must just suck, cause there's a huge quality loss.

Thanks!
                                -Ted
                                Not a big deal for contacts...
                                But you already know my best wish today...
                                Angel Eyes as DRL on E39!! This is the only missing "must have" feature from Intravee II.

Comment

Working...
                                X