BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will View Post

Oops, Sorry Ted, I didn't mean to imply something wrong with the BlueBus. It's a cable problem - the cable I used had a large molded end.
    I noticed the same. My stupid cables.

Comment

Update on cases and cables for the first batch? I installed (one of) mine in the E39 and am having reception issues with an iPhone XR, which I suspect is due to the shipping box and antistatic bag temporary installation! Loving it otherwise though, except it makes it obvious that I need to upgrade the crappy DSP audio in that car ...

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
        Update on cases and cables for the first batch? I installed (one of) mine in the E39 and am having reception issues with an iPhone XR, which I suspect is due to the shipping box and antistatic bag temporary installation! Loving it otherwise though, except it makes it obvious that I need to upgrade the crappy DSP audio in that car ...
        Most have already shipped, the rest will go out this week. Your reception issues will 100% be resolved by removing it from the anti-static bag -- that kills reception.

The DSP amplifier, when used in conjunction with the coaxial digital input cable produces REALLY good audio quality. If you're using analog, consider buying the $23 coax instead of upgrading the sound system .

Recently tested a BlueBus when demoing it for EAG (yes, THAT EAG. They are local :]) in an E39 M5 and was once again blown away by how much better digital sounds over analog AND how much better the E39 sound system is than our E46s

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Most have already shipped, the rest will go out this week. Your reception issues will 100% be resolved by removing it from the anti-static bag -- that kills reception.

The DSP amplifier, when used in conjunction with the coaxial digital input cable produces REALLY good audio quality. If you're using analog, consider buying the $23 coax instead of upgrading the sound system .

Recently tested a BlueBus when demoing it for EAG (yes, THAT EAG. They are local :]) in an E39 M5 and was once again blown away by how much better digital sounds over analog AND how much better the E39 sound system is than our E46s

-Ted
          Hi Ted, thanks! What I really meant re: DSP sound quality is the quality of the speakers that come on the non-M audio cars .. paper cones that are probably similar to those in the E46. The M-audio cars are supposedly much better (you can tell if it has two big subs at the top of the trunk) though I’ve never heard one. I agree that the DSP amplifier is perfectly good and won’t be upgrading mine, just the speakers to the Bavsound kit.

Oddly enough I’ve had two E46 non-M sedans in the past and was always pretty impressed with the Harmon Kardon audio on those compared to both my M3 and M5.

Comment

-Ted
            Slight off topic, but do you know if the e39 M5 DSP amplifier can be retrofit into the e46? This would be a nice upgrade!
            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!! just got the case and the harness and installed them, and also updated to latest firmware. Ted, seriously great work!

BTW I had to turn up the gain on my mic to about +21db for it to be clear. Is this normal?

Comment

Perfect, thank you!

Thanks, guys!

I should be able to swing back around to getting cases and TCU adapters shipped out in the next 14 days or so.

Thanks for your patience!

-Ted
                Hi Ted, it doesn't work with CD54. There is music playing, but you cannot select a function on any key?

Could it be because I had it on the BM54 before?

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
                  BTW I had to turn up the gain on my mic to about +21db for it to be clear. Is this normal?
                  I've had to do the same (actually turned it up to +36db which is the max) and I'm using the stock mic. If someone calls me, they say it's still sounds a bit low. I did update to the latest firmware and that did increase the quality substantially. BTW, does anyone know what the Mic Bias option does?

Ted: The BlueBus is an incredible device, both as an idea and in its execution. It was easy to install and works incredibly well.
                  Last edited by Presice; 06-15-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Ted, I might have missed it, when do you expect the next batch to be ready for shipment?
                    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Has the June batch been shipped out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post
                        Has the June batch been shipped out yet?
                        yup i got mine last week, you should be seeing yours soon

Comment

yup i got mine last week, you should be seeing yours soon
                          Did you get any tracking info beforehand, or did it just show up one day?
                          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Does anybody know if there will be additional batches??? I want one for my Z4M

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Did you get any tracking info beforehand, or did it just show up one day?
                              yeah i got an email from pirateship.com saying there's a shipment pending and a tracking number

Comment

yeah i got an email from pirateship.com saying there's a shipment pending and a tracking number
                                What was your order number? Mine is #795

Comment

Working...
                                X