BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone,

Just heard from MacroFab that there's a small delay, which will result in units being delivered to me on July 6th, rather than June 26th.

Sorry guys!
    -Ted

Comment

Ted, will firmware updates be posted somewhere on the web? Maybe the bluebus website? I want to check in periodically to see if I'm up to date.

Comment

I'm now installing BlueBus in my 2003 vert, and can't locate that 54 pin connector we've heard so much about. I've looked everywhere in the trunk, with no luck. If you've got the BlueBus installed, do you have a photo of that connector where you plugged in the adapter? Can you otherwise identify or describe where you found it?
        Thanks!

EDIT: With some help from a friend, I found the correct wire connector. In my vert, I removed the rear seat back and cushion which reveals a metal square about 12" square. The vert has a reinforcing "firewall" between the trunk and the rear seats. The 54 pin connector you need is wrapped in that black stuff, and I used a coat hanger to snake it through the pass-through into the trunk. Good luck!
        Last edited by BubbaTree; 06-25-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S54 Power View Post
          Ted, will firmware updates be posted somewhere on the web? Maybe the bluebus website? I want to check in periodically to see if I'm up to date.
          Yeahhhh, I gotta do this. I've been lackadaisical about this because there are a lot of other things going on that have kept me from really improving the firmware lately.

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
          I'm now installing BlueBus in my 2003 vert, and can't locate that 54 pin connector we've heard so much about. I've looked everywhere in the trunk, with no luck. If you've got the BlueBus installed, do you have a photo of that connector where you plugged in the adapter? Can you otherwise identify or describe where you found it?
          Thanks!
          It's hidden back there in the driver side of the trunk, right by the rear "firewall" thingy that verts have. I wish I had a picture

Thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

I have an 06 vert and installed the BlueBus late last month. The TCU connector should be tucked towards the back of the driver side passenger seat as that is where the TCU/Bluetooth moduel will be mounted (left of subwoofer/pass-thru).

Comment

Is there still an option to order one with TCU adapter? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamM3 View Post
                Ted, blue bus is great so far. Have a question for you. I installed the bluebus a few months ago and everything has been great, then a couple of weeks ago i installed a oem mic and wired up the connector for the phone integration. I tested the phone integration and it seemed to work ok, the person on the other end send it was a little echoey. The problem though is after i did that , my battery started to drain. My wife then told me when she walked past the car in the garage that it was on. Well she was right, the information display on the cluster was on. Looks like something is causing the car not to go to sleep. If i unplug only the connector for phone integration of the bluebus, the car goes to sleep properly. I double checked the wiring with the information you gave me and it seems right. Any thoughts?
                I experienced a similar battery drain issue. My BlueBus doesn't have the TCU connection as I was only interested in streaming music from my iPhone. Very briefly, here's what I experienced:

While driving, the HVAC kept reverting back to AC on with temp at 62 degrees. No matter which HVAC control button I tried, nothing would change. Then, when I turned off the power, the HVAC continued to run (basically the fan was running) and the cluster was active.

Drove home, parked in the garage and everything turned off but a few days later, dead battery. I unpluged the BlueBus, recharged the battery and haven't re-experienced the problem but then the M3 does not get driven very often (only put about 2,000 miles on the car each year and even less with shelter in place) and the car is hooked up to a CTEK charger when its garaged for more than a few days.

FWIW, its a 2003 vert with NAV (and 35k on the odometer).

Not really sure if there is a current problem that needs to be fixed, just offering another data point on strange electrical behavior post-BB install.

Comment

Originally posted by sfhondapilot View Post

I experienced a similar battery drain issue. My BlueBus doesn't have the TCU connection as I was only interested in streaming music from my iPhone. Very briefly, here's what I experienced:

While driving, the HVAC kept reverting back to AC on with temp at 62 degrees. No matter which HVAC control button I tried, nothing would change. Then, when I turned off the power, the HVAC continued to run (basically the fan was running) and the cluster was active.

Drove home, parked in the garage and everything turned off but a few days later, dead battery. I unpluged the BlueBus, recharged the battery and haven't re-experienced the problem but then the M3 does not get driven very often (only put about 2,000 miles on the car each year and even less with shelter in place) and the car is hooked up to a CTEK charger when its garaged for more than a few days.

FWIW, its a 2003 vert with NAV (and 35k on the odometer).

Not really sure if there is a current problem that needs to be fixed, just offering another data point on strange electrical behavior post-BB install.
                  Sent you an email

-Ted

Comment

Well, good news is I found that elusive 54 pin connector, and got the BlueBus connected and fully installed.The not so good news is that I seem to have no volume when paired with my iPhone 7+. I followed the initial settings from the demo video on M5 board, but no luck. When I peg the radio unit's volume, I get a slight hiss/static sound. Also noticed when I scroll to Dashboard, the unit will immediately display the song being played on the phone, but no sound, etc. Anyone experience tis kind of results? Help is appreciated.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Well, good news is I found that elusive 54 pin connector, and got the BlueBus connected and fully installed.The not so good news is that I seem to have no volume when paired with my iPhone 7+. I followed the initial settings from the demo video on M5 board, but no luck. When I peg the radio unit's volume, I get a slight hiss/static sound. Also noticed when I scroll to Dashboard, the unit will immediately display the song being played on the phone, but no sound, etc. Anyone experience tis kind of results? Help is appreciated.
                      Thanks.
                      If you don't get hiss / electrical ticking at any volume, then I suspect your phone's volume is set too low. Remember that this volume is per-device.

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

Hello
                        On my side with Deezer music app, quite enough ( near half of the time) the title does not refresh on nav screen when music changes. It happens with a Samsung S20 and a Sony Xperia XZ2. It is quite random.
                        Is it because of the app ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Sent you an email

-Ted
                          Got it. Appreciate the post-sale support!

😁😁

Comment

I want to clarify the real problem and ultimate solution concerning my previous complaint about BlueBus. I was able to identify the real cause of my no-volume issue; during my ill-conceived installation, I managed to pull the 6 pin adapter out of its socket. As soon as I removed the carpeting around the installation location, I could see the problem. When I plugged that adapter back into the unit, it worked like a champ! Props to Ted for a great product and his patience in dealing with me in solving a problem that was created by me!

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

If you don't get hiss / electrical ticking at any volume, then I suspect your phone's volume is set too low. Remember that this volume is per-device.

Thanks!
                              -Ted
                              that's something i wanted to ask. when i'm hearing loud music and the music stops or gets quieter I can hear this hiss/electric ticking sound. going off or on to the foot pedal makes this sound louder or quieter too. is that normal behaviour or is there something i can do about this?
                              2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                                Hello
                                On my side with Deezer music app, quite enough ( near half of the time) the title does not refresh on nav screen when music changes. It happens with a Samsung S20 and a Sony Xperia XZ2. It is quite random.
                                Is it because of the app ?
                                It could be! If you don't mind driving around with a laptop in your trunk, you could follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log

and I would be able to tell you for sure

I want to clarify the real problem and ultimate solution concerning my previous complaint about BlueBus. I was able to identify the real cause of my no-volume issue; during my ill-conceived installation, I managed to pull the 6 pin adapter out of its socket. As soon as I removed the carpeting around the installation location, I could see the problem. When I plugged that adapter back into the unit, it worked like a champ! Props to Ted for a great product and his patience in dealing with me in solving a problem that was created by me!
                                I'm glad we got this sorted out

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post

that's something i wanted to ask. when i'm hearing loud music and the music stops or gets quieter I can hear this hiss/electric ticking sound. going off or on to the foot pedal makes this sound louder or quieter too. is that normal behaviour or is there something i can do about this?
                                This is sadly normal. It's alternator whine. Have you made sure that your phone volume is at the max? I only hear this noise if the music is ear-bleeding loud. I also noticed it's especially bad if I have the 6 pin connector installed before I put in the 3-pin power connector. Not entirely sure why this is, but apparently the output load is contingent on the DAC being powered prior to being mated to the line input of the radio? I have to bust out the Rigol and do some checkin'

-Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X