No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything else needed to order? Or just the link to ECS with the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
      Is there anything else needed to order? Or just the link to ECS with the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      You only need the BlueBus unless you want to take calls, in which case you'd also want the TCU adapter (54-pin for most M3s, especially post-LCI).

Unfortunately, anyone ordering today is not likely to get one from this batch, which means you're not getting one at all until sometime next year. The state of the supply chain has halted the project.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post

Did you order from ECS?
        Yes

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

That date is +/- some days. The units being produced now are scheduled to ship to me on the 11th of October, then it usually takes 2 - 3 weeks for me to unpackage, program, test and encase each unit.

Thanks!
          -Ted
          Thanks for the update Ted, these things happen and are beyond anyone's control.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Ted,

Question about operation of the Bluebus. I'm sure this is an Android configuration thing, but when using Google Maps and listening to audio directions through BlueBus and a CD53, I miss the first fraction of a second of audio. With no other audio playing, it appears that the Maps audio is "paused" while nothing is being said, then it takes a fraction of a second to un-pause it before the audio comes through. Once the directions audio is done, it goes back to paused. The result is always that you don't hear the first word or two. Is there a reason why it would enter a "paused" state when there is no audio being played? Is there a way to change that behavior? Or is this purely a per-phone implementation thing?

Thanks!
            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by krambjas View Post
              Ted,

Question about operation of the Bluebus. I'm sure this is an Android configuration thing, but when using Google Maps and listening to audio directions through BlueBus and a CD53, I miss the first fraction of a second of audio. With no other audio playing, it appears that the Maps audio is "paused" while nothing is being said, then it takes a fraction of a second to un-pause it before the audio comes through. Once the directions audio is done, it goes back to paused. The result is always that you don't hear the first word or two. Is there a reason why it would enter a "paused" state when there is no audio being played? Is there a way to change that behavior? Or is this purely a per-phone implementation thing?

Thanks!
              Jason
              So, this is caused by the Bluetooth module entering an audio "stream sleep" state. About ten seconds after the last bit of audio is played, the audio path enters this sleep state and it takes it about a second to spool back up when data is seen again. Unfortunately, I can't really stop it from entering this state via configuration, but I have found some possible work-arounds, though they're both pretty ghetto:

1. Issue a volume down and then volume up command. This wakes the stream back up.

2. Play some built in tones through the BC127, but this results in random pops and only keeps the stream alive for the length of the tone.

An update on the October branch:

The factory said there were some issues with FedEx getting parts to them (!?), but the batch is scheduled for assembly on the 14th and shipping on the 19th, so it's yet another week delayed 😑

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Wow... Wish I jumped on the previous run..

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

You only need the BlueBus unless you want to take calls, in which case you'd also want the TCU adapter (54-pin for most M3s, especially post-LCI).

Unfortunately, anyone ordering today is not likely to get one from this batch, which means you're not getting one at all until sometime next year. The state of the supply chain has halted the project.

-Ted
                  No worries, it’s worth just having it on order so I don’t forget to order when it’s back in stock!

My other question is, will this work on non-OE headunits? My OE is starting to screen burn and I haven’t had luck tracking down a food replacement LED screen

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

No worries, it’s worth just having it on order so I don’t forget to order when it’s back in stock!

My other question is, will this work on non-OE headunits? My OE is starting to screen burn and I haven’t had luck tracking down a food replacement LED screen
                    It won't work with non-OE radios. Is it the Nav screen? If you contact me via email, I can probably find time to replace it for you. There are other shops out there that replace the TFT screen in the Navi too.

Thanks!
                    -Ted

Comment

Update with the shipment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
                        Update with the shipment?

Still waiting for the factory to finish QC.

-Ted

Comment

Hi Ted, question for you.

I have my Bluebus installed but it doesn't seem to be detected by my 2003 E46 M3. I'm prewired for BMW cellular and CD player (although I don't have one).

I found the loom for the prewire but only one of the two connections work, the analog DSP fits snug but the second wire is a 4-pin, not the 3-pin. I found the 3-pin power coming out of the back of the loom and not being used so I hooked it in.

For some reason, the car isn't reading the BlueBus, I cycle through modes and it doesn't connect.

Thoughts, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: the power is actually a 3-pin in a 4-pin case so it doesn't fit the BlueBus, I just noticed that from the photo I posted. 3 wires, 3 posts, but in a 4-pin case?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by WestBankM4; 10-22-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                            Hi Ted, question for you.

I have my Bluebus installed but it doesn't seem to be detected by my 2003 E46 M3. I'm prewired for BMW cellular and CD player (although I don't have one).

I found the loom for the prewire but only one of the two connections work, the analog DSP fits snug but the second wire is a 4-pin, not the 3-pin. I found the 3-pin power coming out of the back of the loom and not being used so I hooked it in.

For some reason, the car isn't reading the BlueBus, I cycle through modes and it doesn't connect.

Thoughts, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: the power is actually a 3-pin in a 4-pin case so it doesn't fit the BlueBus, I just noticed that from the photo I posted. 3 wires, 3 posts, but in a 4-pin case?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Howdy!

Uhhh, someone has definitely done some "mods" to the wiring harness here. The connector you're using is power for the OE cellular compensator (think amplifier), so it will absolutely not power the BlueBus and allow it to work. The four pin connector in your picture shows the appropriate colored wires for the three pin CD Changer connector. If you email me, I can send you the three pin version of that connector so you can undo whatever the previous [S]a-hole[/S] owner did to the connector.

-Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,

I’ve noticed that sometimes when I enter the car my phone will not connect with the Bluebus module. If I attempt to delete and reconnect my device, Bluebus will just not appear on my phone. It takes a hard reboot of the Bluebus or leaving then coming back some time later to resolve. I’m running the latest version of the firmware (….17) from your website. This is on my e39 M5, since I daily it.

Have you run into this before? Are there any plans to add a software reboot function from the UI?

Thanks!
                              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                                Hi Ted,

I’ve noticed that sometimes when I enter the car my phone will not connect with the Bluebus module. If I attempt to delete and reconnect my device, Bluebus will just not appear on my phone. It takes a hard reboot of the Bluebus or leaving then coming back some time later to resolve. I’m running the latest version of the firmware (….17) from your website. This is on my e39 M5, since I daily it.

Have you run into this before? Are there any plans to add a software reboot function from the UI?

Thanks!
                                Sounds like the "cold weather" issue. Some BlueBus units have issues with the Bluetooth module itself not powering on when the temperature outside is below 60F or so. The solution for these units is for me to solder on a mod-board that changes the power supply sequencing in a way that resolves the issue.

As of 1.1.17 I added a counter for failed BC127 boots. It's available in the terminal as part of "get err"

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X