BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

There are other similar units available, though none come close to the level of integration that the BlueBus has other than the Intravee II, which was iPod only (meaning no Bluetooth).

I hear good things about the AVIN, but the BlueBus is definitely intended for those of us who want to keep the interior OE

-Ted
    Totally understand that, and like I said, I liked my BlueBus unit, it worked great. I don't plan to ever sell my M3, so while I also loved keeping the interior as close to OEM as possible, to me, it was worth upgrading to the Avin 4 - it's the closest thing to looking OEM you'll ever find, but still gain all the awesome functionality, and so I'm very happy to have the upgrade. But, again, it's personal preference, and I have no consideration to future sale or someone balking about that. And I get to use Google Maps!

Attached is an image of the Avin immediately after I installed it. Also, the iBus app they have is pretty cool, though now I kinda wish I'd gotten the backup camera to go with it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LeopardM3; 03-04-2021, 11:01 AM.
    I'm as confused as you are.
    M3BC, #18
    Club 6MT

Comment

I have a question. I have an E46 330 Convertible and the 16:9 Navigation Professional. Neither have I the telephone function nor pre installed telephone function. I have the Dension Gateway in my E46 where I keep the interface in the glovebox. I installed it via an extension cable which is coming from the CD changer wiring. With my current unit I also have the telephone available at the Screen. However the sound quality is quite poor in this. If I change to BlueBus, what would I have to change? How do I install my microphone when BlueBus is installed in the back of the car and not in the Glovebox?
      And when I have BlueBus installed will it show telephone in the Menu of the navigation screen?
      Last edited by jonathanrec; 03-05-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrec View Post
        I have a question. I have an E46 330 Convertible and the 16:9 Navigation Professional. Neither have I the telephone function nor pre installed telephone function. I have the Dension Gateway in my E46 where I have my interface in the Glovebox.I installed it via an extension cable which is coming from the CD changer. With this Unit I also have the Telephone function Displayed in the Screen. However the sound quality in quite poor in this. If I change to BlueBus, what would I have to change? How do I install my microphone when BlueBus is installed in the back of the car and not in the Glovebox?
        And when I have BlueBus installed will it show Telephone in the Menu of the 16:9 Screen?
        You must have an EU (DE?) spec E46. Can you PM me your VIN? [STRIKE]It is likely that your car has neither telephony nor CD Changer pre-wiring, and that's why the Denison is installed where it is[/STRIKE]. If that's the case, you'd have to hack the denison wiring harness a little bit to make it compatible with the BlueBus.

EDIT: Wait, you have the 16:9 and the Denison is in the Glovebox? That makes no sense as the radio, which it would have to interface with, is in the trunk! :O

You could still the BlueBus for phone calls, and you would see the "Telephone" menu and see the "Telephone" screen pop up.

The Denison microphone would work directly with the BlueBus.

-Ted
        Last edited by t3ddftw; 03-05-2021, 11:08 AM. Reason: Light bulb went off after posting.

Comment

Because the Dension Gateway is putted from the back to the front to have better microphone installment possibilities and better signal, are you installing the microphone from BlueBus to the front?. In my case it is an big expansion cable coming from the CD charger and Radio to the front. My Car is an Eu Spec E46 with CD Changer.
          The question then is, why some people need this telephone Adapter when it is working without too?
          Last edited by jonathanrec; 03-05-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Because the Dension Gateway is putted from the back to the front to have better microphone installment possibilities and better signal, are you installing the microphone from BlueBus to the front?. In my case it is an big expansion cable coming from the CD charger and Radio to the front. My Car is an Eu Spec E46 with CD Changer.
            The question then is, why some people need this telephone Adapter when it is working without too?
            Got it! If the car has the OE CD Changer, than install is plug and play for audio streaming. The 3.5mm microphone could be routed to the trunk (or you can get any mono 3.5mm microphone with a long cable) to the BlueBus.

Signal issues are very uncommon with the BlueBus, even when installed in the trunk.

>The question then is, why some people need this telephone Adapter when it is working without too?
            Routing a microphone wire through the cabin isn't something many people want to do. Additionally, most U.S. spec cars were pre-wired for telephony, making it very simply to make use of the pre-existing wiring. Apart from convenience, without the telephone adapter you will not be able to place or receive calls outside of "Bluetooth" mode on the radio. With the telephone adapter, the BlueBus can interrupt the FM broadcast, or whatever else you're listening to.

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

Aaah okay. because the dension is showing me telephone in the Menu of the navigation. Furthermore the radio is interrupting when phone calls come in.
              So if I will install BlueBus to the radio module and installing a microphone to it, compared to dension, it won't show telephone in the menu and will act just as an CD changer imitation?!
              kind regards
              Last edited by jonathanrec; 03-05-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Aaah okay. because the dension is showing me telephone in the Menu of the navigation. Furthermore the radio is interrupting when phone calls come in.
                So if I will install BlueBus to the radio module and installing a microphone to it, compared to dension, it won't show telephone in the menu and will act just as an CD changer imitation?!
                kind regards
                The Denison is able to "hook" directly into the signal wires that would be part of the OE telephony prep with that wiring harness that they provide, even though the car doesn't have telephony prep. You could hack the Denison wiring to accomplish the same thing with the BlueBus, but that puts you installing the unit up front again.

>compared to dension, it won't show telephone in the menu

It will show the "Telephone" menu regardless, but keep in mind that this functionality isn't fully implemented just yet.

I really need to look at finding those harness adapters that Denison is using to "hook" into the radio even though the pre-wiring isn't there. This just isn't ever a problem for us U.S. guys.

-Ted

Comment

So could I install BlueBus to the existing dension wiring which is going from the CD changer to the Glovebox? It would be interesting to see if this would work

Comment

So could I install BlueBus to the existing dension wiring which is going from the CD changer to the Glovebox? It would be interesting to see if this would work
                    Yes, but to be clear: you will have to solder or otherwise "splice" the bluebus wires (which I can provide) to your denison adapter.

-Ted

Comment

Ted..hi..was there ever a resolution on the alternator whine...you had mentioned an adapter at some point.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

'06 Carbon Black
                      Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post
                        Ted..hi..was there ever a resolution on the alternator whine...you had mentioned an adapter at some point.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
                        Yes! Buy this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019393MV2

Then shoot me and email and I'll sell you an adapter for 6-pin to 3.5mm and back. I hand make these adapter cables, so I only have a few on hand at a time.

-Ted

Comment

any updates on 1.1.17?

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
                            any updates on 1.1.17?
                            Yes! I keep meaning to release it but something always comes up. If you email me I will send you the .hex

Comment

Ted, is there a chance you could make the metadata display setting persistent across reboots on the CD53? I usually keep metadata off and have the time displayed, but I've noticed that every time I get in the car I have to hit "2" to get the metadata to stop showing up. It'd be nice to be able to set it and not have to mess with it anymore.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                                Ted, is there a chance you could make the metadata display setting persistent across reboots on the CD53? I usually keep metadata off and have the time displayed, but I've noticed that every time I get in the car I have to hit "2" to get the metadata to stop showing up. It'd be nice to be able to set it and not have to mess with it anymore.
                                This is planned for 1.1.18

I already do if for the MID UI.

Thanks!
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X