• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

This is planned for 1.1.18

I already do if for the MID UI.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Awesome, thank you!
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Is it below 50F where you are? With the E53 unit, could you possibly try this rather odd procedure to test?

1. Remove the unit from the car and place it in the freezer for 60+ minutes.
      2. Remove the unit from the freezer and immediately plug it into the USB port of a computer, make sure NOT to unplug it.
      3, Follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal
      4. Run these commands:
      set log bt on
      bt version
      5. Post the results

If it *only* says `SEND COMMAND 'VERSION'`, then there's a problem . If it shows the MAC ID and other tid bits, then it might be something else.

-Ted
      I finally ran the cold test after having received my latest bluebus order (nice upgrades on the new case btw). Yes, it looks like the unit that was in my E53 suffered this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bluebus cold.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	91428
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

I finally ran the cold test after having received my latest bluebus order (nice upgrades on the new case btw). Yes, it looks like the unit that was in my E53 suffered this issue.

Name:	bluebus cold.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	91428
        Shoot me an email, please!

-Ted

Comment

Just FYI everyone: I went to get ready to submit a batch for production and found many of the BlueBus components to be out of stock. While I was able to get alternates in place for the passives, there are several key components which are seemingly difficult to source right now. The biggest is the micro-controller, which cannot be swapped out (it's the core of the device, really):

Octopart is a search engine for electronic and industrial parts. Find part data, check availability, and compare prices across hundreds of distributors and thousands of manufacturers.

I ignore non-authorized distributors because god knows what truck that fell off of.

Anyways, I have enough to make 380 units, but after that it looks like I'm SOL until late this year unless Digi-Key gets some stock before Mouser.

There appears to be a huge shortage of components throughout the electronics industry right now. I assume it's because of COVID/COVID Vaccinations, but a distributor told me it was also because there's a huge ramp up in new vehicle manufacturing.

-Ted

Comment

https://uk.farnell.com/microchip/pic...=GRHB-OCTOPART shows 160 in stock. Perhaps you should jump on that? . They're from the authorized list you had above.

Good luck!
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
              https://uk.farnell.com/microchip/pic...=GRHB-OCTOPART shows 160 in stock. Perhaps you should jump on that? . They're from the authorized list you had above.

Good luck!
              Yeah, that would give me some wiggle room, but typically making less than 200 units at a time is not financially sustainable due to price-breaking for components. :/

-Ted

Comment

I got the licenses for the latest production batch earlier this week and I've worked up a GUI tool to install it and enable cVc, but I'm still testing it.

For the technically savvy, you can follow this process: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

The run `version` followed by enter. Note the serial number given.

If your serial number is 1261, 1340, 1354, 1362, 1368, 1371, 1378, 1400, 1424 or 1441 then use this command followed by enter:

```
                bt license cvc 3A6B BC18 A9BF FC81 0000
                ```

Otherwise if your serial number is between 1192 and 1485, use this command followed by enter:

```
                bt license cvc 3A6B 8168 9B8F FC81 0000

```

Then follow that up with these commands, each followed by enter:
                ```
                bt cvc on
                bt mgain c1

```

Thanks!
                -Ted

Comment

Ted, what is cvc?

Comment

cVc: clear voice capture

Rauschunterdrückung

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
                      Ted, what is cvc?
                      Clear voice capture is for sorting noise and echo from phone calls. This was included with all units before the February 2021 batch

-Ted

Comment

Still patiently waiting for these to drop in May

Comment

Ted,

When you say you have enough components to make 380 units, how many orders do you have pending in the May batch?

Just curious as I placed my order the beginning of March, hoping to be in that 380 group.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                            Ted,

When you say you have enough components to make 380 units, how many orders do you have pending in the May batch?

Just curious as I placed my order the beginning of March, hoping to be in that 380 group.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                            275 units so far. To meet my deadlines, I am going to place my order for production late next week, which will lock in the final count.

Thanks!
                            -Ted

Comment

I can just drop the box off at my Indy and point them to your website right? No wires needed or anything?

Comment

Hi guys,
                                do you know PIN description for the analog audio output?

Thx

Name:	bluebus-analog_audio.png
Views:	625
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	93233

Comment

Working...
                                X