# [28932] DEBUG: BT: AUDIO=0 1
      [28937] DEBUG: BT: AUDIO_ANALOG=2 15 0 OFF
      [28942] DEBUG: BT: AUDIO_DIGITAL=2 44100 0 0 OFF
      [28946] DEBUG: BT: AUTOCONN=0
      [28950] DEBUG: BT: AUTO_DATA=OFF OFF
      [28954] DEBUG: BT: BALANCE=100 100
      [28959] DEBUG: BT: BATT_CONFIG=OFF 145 4250 1500 150
      [28964] DEBUG: BT: BC_SMART_CONFIG=68E3 28F0 89F7 D93C
      [28969] DEBUG: BT: BEACON_DATA=0 00 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 AA BB CC DD EE FF 04 D2 16 2E EE
      [28973] DEBUG: BT: BLE_CONFIG=0 OFF 80 ON
      [28977] DEBUG: BT: BLE_CONN_PARAMS=128 12 24 40 0 400 100 400 400 64 400 400
      [28981] DEBUG: BT: BT_STATE_CONFIG=2 2
      [28986] DEBUG: BT: BT_VOL_CONFIG=F 100 10 1
      [28990] DEBUG: BT: CLASS_1=OFF
      [28995] DEBUG: BT: CMD_TO=20
      [28999] DEBUG: BT: COD=240404
      [29003] DEBUG: BT: CODEC=1 OFF
      [29008] DEBUG: BT: DEEP_SLEEP=OFF
      [29013] DEBUG: BT: DEVICE_ID=0001 0002 0003 0004 0005 0006 0007 0008
      [29017] DEBUG: BT: ENABLE_BATT_IND=ON
      [29021] DEBUG: BT: ENABLE_LED=ON
      [29025] DEBUG: BT: ENABLE_SPP_SNIFF=OFF 0 0 0 0 0
      [29029] DEBUG: BT: GPIO_CONFIG=ON 0
      [29034] DEBUG: BT: HFP_CONFIG=ON ON ON ON ON OFF
      [29038] DEBUG: BT: HIGH_SPEED=OFF OFF
      [29042] DEBUG: BT: LOCAL_ADDR=20FABB0E924B 000000000000
      [29046] DEBUG: BT: MAX_REC=2
      [29051] DEBUG: BT: MM=OFF OFF 0 OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF
      [29055] DEBUG: BT: MUSIC_META_DATA=ON
      [29059] DEBUG: BT: MUSIC_OLD_AVRCP=OFF
      [29063] DEBUG: BT: NAME=BlueBus
      [29068] DEBUG: BT: NAME_SHORT=BlueBus
      [29072] DEBUG: BT: PIN=0000
      [29076] DEBUG: BT: PROFILES=1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0
      [29080] DEBUG: BT: REMOTE_ADDR=000000000000
      [29085] DEBUG: BT: SPP_UUID=00 00 11 01 00 00 10 00 80 00 00 80 5F 9B 34 FB
      [29090] DEBUG: BT: SSP_CAPS=3
      [29845] INFO: BT: RX Queue Timeout
      bt version
      [49452] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'VERSION'
      OK
      # [49474] DEBUG: BT: Sierra Wireless Copyright 2018
      [49479] DEBUG: BT: Melody Audio V7.3
      [49484] DEBUG: BT: Build: 1544637564
      [49488] DEBUG: BT: Boot Complete
      [49492] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'STATUS'
      [49511] DEBUG: BT: Bluetooth addresses: 20FABB0E924B 000000000000
      [49517] DEBUG: BT: Profiles: A2DP AVRCP HFP SPP PBAP MAP TWS
      [49521] DEBUG: BT: Codecs: SBC AAC
      [49525] DEBUG: BT: OK
      [49529] DEBUG: BT: STATE CONNECTED[0] CONNECTABLE[ON] DISCOVERABLE[ON] BLE[OFF]
      [49533] DEBUG: BT: Got Status CONNECTABLE[ON] DISCOVERABLE[ON]
      [49537] DEBUG: BT: OK
      bt license
      [58027] DEBUG: BT: Send Command 'LICENSE'
      OK
      # [58046] DEBUG: BT: APTX=
      [58050] DEBUG: BT: CVC=3A6B D812 D144 FC81 0000
      [58054] DEBUG: BT: OK
      set log bt off
      OK
      #

Thanks !
      Well, the BT module is configured correctly . Check the wire routing, but beyond that the only thing left to do is lower the phone volume.

I haven't tried it myself, but a 3.5mm cheap microphone may also work. You'd have to route the wire, which is unpleasant.

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
      Hi, i'm still having boot issues in the M5...
      On 5 times i take the car probably 3 or 4 have BT not detected...
      Yesterday i un/replugged to force a reboot and it worked... today i took the car an again,not working...
      Whereas in the 530i it works everytime...
      I did not try to swap the modules.

There as both in 1.16
      Shoot me an email. It's probable I need to replace a couple capacitors on your unit.

Originally posted by User123 View Post
      Sounds like the same pairing problem we had... 😔
      It very likely is

Thanks!
      -Ted

Comment

I was just playing around with pairing issues. It has mostly been showing up in the E53. I haven't had any issues in the E46. Then I started considering where I mounted the Bluebus in each.

My E46 bluebus is right up against the rear seat bulkhead (convertible location) for the 54 pin harness. So, relatively close to driver. Never had a pairing issue.

In the E53, I mounted it down in the lower rear cavity, 7 oclock position relative to spare tire. A plastic support tray goes overtop, and there's an access panel cover (in addition to the floor panel).

I just removed access panel cover to see if that improves signal strength. So far so good but I just did this yesterday, so more instances needed. About 2/3's of the time it would NOT connect prior to doing this.
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
          I was just playing around with pairing issues. It has mostly been showing up in the E53. I haven't had any issues in the E46. Then I started considering where I mounted the Bluebus in each.

My E46 bluebus is right up against the rear seat bulkhead (convertible location) for the 54 pin harness. So, relatively close to driver. Never had a pairing issue.

In the E53, I mounted it down in the lower rear cavity, 7 oclock position relative to spare tire. A plastic support tray goes overtop, and there's an access panel cover (in addition to the floor panel).

I just removed access panel cover to see if that improves signal strength. So far so good but I just did this yesterday, so more instances needed. About 2/3's of the time it would NOT connect prior to doing this.
          Does the E53 sit outside in the cold while the E46 sits in a garage that's a reasonable termperature?

-Ted

Comment

On my side both modules are near the same place in M5 and 530i, and both cars stay outside (currently between 1° and 10°)
            For my case I don't think it is temp related

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
              On my side both modules are near the same place in M5 and 530i, and both cars stay outside (currently between 1° and 10°)
              For my case I don't think it is temp related
              A small number of units (~20) have two capacitors that don't perform well in the cold which leads to the BT module not booting. The rather odd thing is that it is extremely hit or miss -- both of your units have the same brand/model caps and as you have noted, one works fine.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Does the E53 sit outside in the cold while the E46 sits in a garage that's a reasonable termperature?

-Ted
                Negative, they sit right next to each other and do alternate daily duty. BUT they can both certainly be cold (outside temp) before starting the drive.

I don't notice a boot issue, at least not by way of the screen. The indicator light upper-right hand corner of the nav screen stays red.
                Last edited by jbfrancis3; 01-12-2021, 11:50 AM.
                '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Negative, they sit right next to each other and do alternate daily duty.
                  Is it below 50F where you are? With the E53 unit, could you possibly try this rather odd procedure to test?

1. Remove the unit from the car and place it in the freezer for 60+ minutes.
                  2. Remove the unit from the freezer and immediately plug it into the USB port of a computer, make sure NOT to unplug it.
                  3, Follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal
                  4. Run these commands:
                  set log bt on
                  bt version
                  5. Post the results

If it *only* says `SEND COMMAND 'VERSION'`, then there's a problem . If it shows the MAC ID and other tid bits, then it might be something else.

-Ted
                  Last edited by t3ddftw; 01-12-2021, 11:50 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

[QUOTE = t3ddftw; n73818]

It'll probably be a month, sadly. Send me an email.

-Ted [/ QUOTE]

hello Ted I sent you a mail ... Hurry

Comment

Any news Ted on the final release of v17? Will you be able to incorporate the code to unlock the hatch on the Z4 when switching off the ignition?

Comment

A small number of units (~20) have two capacitors that don't perform well in the cold which leads to the BT module not booting. The rather odd thing is that it is extremely hit or miss -- both of your units have the same brand/model caps and as you have noted, one works fine.

-Ted

Is it below 50F where you are? With the E53 unit, could you possibly try this rather odd procedure to test?

-Ted
                        You nailed it! Not surprisingly. The pattern of pairing issues revolves around temperature. I will pull it and complete the test as requested. I may as well do it for both units.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                          Any news Ted on the final release of v17? Will you be able to incorporate the code to unlock the hatch on the Z4 when switching off the ignition?
                          I honestly haven't had the time to put the finishing touches on it. December was busy with the Holidays and January is busy as our three kiddos were all born during this month.

I will not be making changes to unlock functionality. I'm a bit of a crossroads with that functionality as I am pretty picky about what doors I want to have unlocked -- for example, I only want to unlock the passenger doors if they were ever opened, and I don't want the trunk, hatch or rear window to unlock on their own either.

Maybe I could add an option for it, but I'm still mulling it over.

You nailed it! Not surprisingly. The pattern of pairing issues revolves around temperature. I will pull it and complete the test as requested. I may as well do it for both units.
                          Yes, please do! Shoot me an email so I can get it sorted for you.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

I honestly haven't had the time to put the finishing touches on it. December was busy with the Holidays and January is busy as our three kiddos were all born during this month.

I will not be making changes to unlock functionality. I'm a bit of a crossroads with that functionality as I am pretty picky about what doors I want to have unlocked -- for example, I only want to unlock the passenger doors if they were ever opened, and I don't want the trunk, hatch or rear window to unlock on their own

-Ted
                            i dont see really the concern and push back , all this would be doing is unlock the hatch, not release it. Is a mood point to have the feature for the doors only, then you get off the car to take something out of the trunk justo to find out is locked, go back to the car, and click the center locking switch.

This partially defeats the benefit of the unlocking

Comment

One day i'll have E39 angel eyes as DRL

Comment

Having an issue where I can't switch back to FM. Any tips?

Comment

Working...
                                X