CPV oring keeps tearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chanman1029 View Post

I dont doubt what your saying, but the oem one on ecs says it’s 16x2. But the freezer trick sounds like a good idea. I’m gonna go to some local stores and see if I can find some gaskets with those dimensions, freeze it, and try using some sand paper to take the edges off the threads.
    Please do not use sandpaper, the oring is gonna be your issue. Do not sand anything down please try a proper gasket first, shouldn't need to be frozen if correct size

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what you need to order. These are the correct sized ones. It comes out to less than 60 cents a piece.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Pretty sure that both of them were the ecs viton one. I can confirm atleast one of them was. They didn’t seem to be excessively big, looked normal to me. This sucks. I think I’m gonna go buy an assortment of 16mm x 2mm gaskets, and get rogue with this thread repair, at this point the only reason I’m concerned is about metal shavings, I haven’t even started my motor yet since its had a full rebuild. This is literally the only thing stopping me from starting the car…
      Last edited by toy4to; 10-21-2021, 04:41 AM.

Comment

We have a member that sells the o-rings as well.

**SPRING 2024 - THESE ARE IN STOCK!** Well, I'm not sure if M3Forum will be put back up, so I want to ensure these are available as people continue to service their cars. For those who may not know me, I'm the one who developed and have offered this CPV oil-leak fix/solution exclusively to M3Forum members since back in 2011!
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Thanks George Hill, unfortunately my post is hidden in a section away from the main classifieds so most people on here don't even see or find it, but the link is always in my signature.
          Original Owner - 2003 ///M3 - 6MT/LSB/Impuls/Anthracite
          M3Forum.net member since Dec 2002

Official CPV O-RingOil Leak Fix:
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...pressure-valve

Comment

Gonna try to find a local store that sells gaskets in bulk, I’ll report back with my findings.

Comment

Everyone is over-thinking this. The o-ring being made of viton remains oversized after pushing it over the edge of the CPV to seat in its groove. Thus the o-ring remains proud, the CPV edge acts as a knife and the block acts as the bed-knife.

Very slowly re-install CPV ensuring the o-ring isnt bunched and work into the groove with your fingers. Better yet, a less error-prone way would be tighten a ziptie around the oring to compress it fully and start installing the CPV.
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I'm the one who developed this fix over 10 years ago. Not sure why all the trial and error in this thread.
                Last edited by IamFODI; 10-22-2021, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mpower22 View Post
                  I'm the one who developed this fix over 10 years ago. Not sure why all the trial and error in this thread. Some people
                  Send me some gaskets and lets see if it works then

Comment

Wait I'm confused, 14.5x1.5 viton orings didn't exist past ten years ago? Am I missing something?
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by mpower22 View Post
                      I'm the one who developed this fix over 10 years ago. Not sure why all the trial and error in this thread. Some people
                      I don't understand what you're saying or suggesting.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I have some extra (Viton O-rings) if needed if you can wait for snail mail for them. Free

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

I don't understand what you're saying or suggesting.
                          He specs and sells a viton oring that solves the leaking cpv valve issue. Just buy one from him, it's all you'll need, he's been selling them for years and I have yet to see anyone with a follow up issue

Comment

Can confirm I have mpower22's o-ring. Leak free for many years and miles.

Comment

Send me some gaskets and lets see if it works then
                              My link is posted all over this forum with numerous members vouching for me even in this thread. Do your due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

He specs and sells a viton oring that solves the leaking cpv valve issue. Just buy one from him, it's all you'll need, he's been selling them for years and I have yet to see anyone with a follow up issue
                                Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                                I have some extra (Viton O-rings) if needed if you can wait for snail mail for them. Free
                                Or hit up this guy.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X