Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Karbonius make a plug and play CSL replica bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cglhut View Post
    He’s gone completely MIA.
    I hope he is ok. He is such a nice guy and so polite.

Comment

I don't know the guy but I don't actually believe the excuse. Many businesses skyrocketed last year and more people redistributed their disposable income towards goods from services.

There is no shortage of demand for his bumpers.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I just saw this on EuroConnex: https://euroconnex.co/collections/e4...n-front-bumper

I am wondering if this is a plug and play fit for regular E46 M3s. Epoustouflant would you happen to know?

Specifically wondering about the following:
        1. Compatibility with the kevlar bumper carrier. From what I read elsewhere people had to modify CSL style bumpers before mounting them on a regular M3. Is there any cutting or modifying required?
        2. I see that the tow hook hole is pre-drilled. Does the cap come with it as well or would I need to re-use my existing one?
        3. Would I need to transfer the foam part from the existing bumper to the new one?

2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
        ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
        Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

I messaged Karbonius about this in November and they said they had no plans for making CSL bumper at this moment, its a shame because they make great quality products, I am also in the market but like everyone said with MileEnd down I haven't seen a bumper yet that I am willing to risk fitment with.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            I don't know the guy but I don't actually believe the excuse. Many businesses skyrocketed last year and more people redistributed their disposable income towards goods from services.

There is no shortage of demand for his bumpers.
            Believe what you want but his business can’t skyrocket for the simple fact that he has no employee. All the Mile End parts are made by a single guy in a 20’x30’ shop one at the time.

Last year, he told me that he had problem buying some material from supplier. Another friend who do CF parts for helicopter told me the same and he works for a big compagny.

I helped JC with fitment on the first CSL bumpers he made 2 years ago, we did test fit on my Estoril M3 and also helped him couple months ago with the fitment of the new CSL trunk he made.
            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
              1. Compatibility with the kevlar bumper carrier. From what I read elsewhere people had to modify CSL style bumpers before mounting them on a regular M3. Is there any cutting or modifying required?
              2. I see that the tow hook hole is pre-drilled. Does the cap come with it as well or would I need to re-use my existing one?
              3. Would I need to transfer the foam part from the existing bumper to the new one?
              To answer #3, if you follow that link you provided, it says an aluminum bumper support is required.

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
              Believe what you want but his business can’t skyrocket for the simple fact that he has no employee. All the Mile End parts are made by a single guy in a 20’x30’ shop one at the time.
              Ahh, the influx point of any business. It is a big decision to make - take the financial risk and hopefully grow vs. stay put and plod along. If I'm reading between the lines accurately, I feel his pain and have been there myself. It's a tough decision...

A single person business that makes stuff (in particular, by hand) is almost always capped quite literally by the physical limits of time. Looks like he's hit that cap. Hope he figures his way through it, people really seemed to like his stuff.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                Ahh, the influx point of any business. It is a big decision to make - take the financial risk and hopefully grow vs. stay put and plod along. If I'm reading between the lines accurately, I feel his pain and have been there myself. It's a tough decision...

A single person business that makes stuff (in particular, by hand) is almost always capped quite literally by the physical limits of time. Looks like he's hit that cap. Hope he figures his way through it, people really seemed to like his stuff.
                Exactly! He isn’t looking at all to grow. He doesn’t want to deal / waste time with employee. In the end, he would be able to do more volume but would have to rent a bigger shop, pay employee that might do quality issue or have to train them and in the end would he really make more money vs trouble?

He is passionate and love what he is doing. He is doing CF and fiberglass parts or repair jobs in his local area. Mile End BMW parts isn’t is only customers and he also works in different field than cars.

And before someone ask, he isn’t interested in Group buy and the BMW parts will only be sold through Mile End Composite
                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

To answer #3, if you follow that link you provided, it says an aluminum bumper support is required.
                  Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. On the iPad browser, the page didn’t scroll, so couldn’t read the detailed info.

Checking on a computer, I can see the entire page.

Does anyone know if swapping the Kevlar mount for aluminum is all it takes to mount properly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                  Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                  SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                  ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                  Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Last year, he told me that he had problem buying some material from supplier. Another friend who do CF parts for helicopter told me the same and he works for a big compagny.

I helped JC with fitment on the first CSL bumpers he made 2 years ago, we did test fit on my Estoril M3 and also helped him couple months ago with the fitment of the new CSL trunk he made.
                    You're arguing something completely other than the point of my post. That's great that you know the guy though.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I just saw this on EuroConnex: https://euroconnex.co/collections/e4...n-front-bumper

I am wondering if this is a plug and play fit for regular E46 M3s. Epoustouflant would you happen to know?

I have one of these on order with the widened fender. I'll tell you all about it when it's here.

It will need the aluminum carrier. Good question on the cap. I will ask.

Comment

Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. On the iPad browser, the page didn’t scroll, so couldn’t read the detailed info.

Checking on a computer, I can see the entire page.

Does anyone know if swapping the Kevlar mount for aluminum is all it takes to mount properly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        No worries. And I apparently fat fingered my reply. I meant your question number 1, not 3.
                        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                        X