Karbonius CF Front Fender - new peice 900grams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius CF Front Fender - new peice 900grams

Thoughts. Aside from weight, would this be super beneficial for a clubsport type build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aleta_5-scaled.jpg
Views:	1436
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	145941
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Click image for larger version

Name:	aleta_3-scaled.jpg
Views:	1250
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	145944 Click image for larger version

Name:	aleta_10-scaled.jpg
Views:	1362
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	145945 Click image for larger version

Name:	detalle_branquia_2-scaled.jpg
Views:	1238
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	145946
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

Comment

Great I'm going to need these too.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I wouldn't run them on my street car but fit and finish looks very nice. As it is with all their other stuff. Sweet!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
        2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I need a set for my track build. Looks better than the other vented fender options out there.
          Instagram: M3Journal

Comment

Seems too much for a street car. Too much for an HPDE car too.

Comment

i think these would look nice on darker color cars ..
              less obvious, but a bit aggressive looking~

Comment

I’d like to see a pic of what these look like completely painted.

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
                Seems too much for a street car. Too much for an HPDE car too.
                There's a very specific allure to me for HPDE--
                These add 15mm of front clearance. That means you could run a square setup, with reasonable/pyrometer determined camber, without spacers in the rear (as in, an ET25 would fit properly on all 4 corners).

Not that I'm doing them-- I just moved to a staggered track wheel setup (still square tires), to get away from spacers.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I can't tell if I like them yet!

The car would need to be modified a bit to warrant these things. I think they'd look out of place on a relatively stock M3. That said, letting that positive pressure out of the wheel wells could help with aero lift. The issue with a street car is 99% are still running the fender liners. That would limit these to a purely cosmetic piece on the street unless the fender liners were modified.

Side note: would be pretty interesting to see the impact of these in a wind tunnel or other controlled environment/test
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                    I’d like to see a pic of what these look like completely painted.

There's a very specific allure to me for HPDE--
                    These add 15mm of front clearance. That means you could run a square setup, with reasonable/pyrometer determined camber, without spacers in the rear (as in, an ET25 would fit properly on all 4 corners).

Not that I'm doing them-- I just moved to a staggered track wheel setup (still square tires), to get away from spacers.
                    IMO all painted would not look that great, however, having *either* the large fins on top painted and the thinner rear wards ones in carbon would look better, or top carbon and rearwards painted. It looks to GT3RS, and thats not a look that imo works for the car.

The weight and aero benefits are there though, and its Karb so there's that.

Comment

Are these wider than a stock fender...it's hard to tell from the pics? If they are, i would imagine that you would want/need matching rears as well!?

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
                        Are these wider than a stock fender...it's hard to tell from the pics? If they are, i would imagine that you would want/need matching rears as well!?
                        +15mm
                        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

+15mm
                          Ok, then just from a purely balanced/aesthetic standpoint, one should install matching rears as well-IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                            I can't tell if I like them yet!

The car would need to be modified a bit to warrant these things. I think they'd look out of place on a relatively stock M3. That said, letting that positive pressure out of the wheel wells could help with aero lift. The issue with a street car is 99% are still running the fender liners. That would limit these to a purely cosmetic piece on the street unless the fender liners were modified.

Side note: would be pretty interesting to see the impact of these in a wind tunnel or other controlled environment/test
                            Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Ok, then just from a purely balanced/aesthetic standpoint, one should install matching rears as well-IMO.
                            Just wait homie, everyone will be on this bandwagon, stock cars need not apply.

Also comical reading about balance when guys here run a goofy 10" square setup.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Nope. Not a fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X