No announcement yet.

Karbonius CF Front Fender - new peice 900grams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started looking at photos on my phone of various M3s that I've downloaded as part of this color change I'm doing. I think that the front three quarter shot that everyone is talking about in Karb's marketing shots is a funny angle. It's a really awkwardly shot photo. If you take your finger or thumb or whatever body part you wish lol and cover up just those exposed carbon fiber slots/gills, but leave enough of that front fender poking out so you can still see it, it looks almost stock. They really didn't push that fender out that much. It's only a half an inch. I think the weight of those black exposed carbon gills is distorting people's perception quite a bit.
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

They should have ditched the vents and just made a wider front fender.

Here's an example on an E92. It allows fitment on 11" front wheels with 305s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	107554856_2974972985871430_4927830833696710221_o.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	146589
      Attached Files

Comment

good lord how am I just seeing this.

I need these. Any chance they give more wheel clearance?

edit: it is wider! but omg the price
        Last edited by SandeepM3; 01-05-2022, 06:48 AM.
        2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
        2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
        2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
          good lord how am I just seeing this.

I need these. Any chance they give more wheel clearance?

edit: it is wider! but omg the price
          If you really want that style, but this has been around for a hot minute http://www.mk-motorsportteile.de/epa...BCgel%20E46%22

And all the fastest E46 on the Ring wear this so there's that. However price may be similar as that is probably price per side :\
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Captain's my fav.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

If you really want that style, but this has been around for a hot minute http://www.mk-motorsportteile.de/epa...BCgel%20E46%22

And all the fastest E46 on the Ring wear this so there's that. However price may be similar as that is probably price per side :\
              Once I found out its wider, I think this is one of the only options I'm looking at. MK ones from Germany have been on the radar but have a few negs. Fitment is apparently a pain. The company is horrible to be in contact with from NA. The shipping is ludicrous. (Build journal has some similar as well though) And then same width as stock. And then those raised ribs cant be the most optimal and probably creates turbulent air
              2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
              2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
              2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                They should have ditched the vents and just made a wider front fender.

Here's an example on an E92. It allows fitment on 11" front wheels with 305s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	107554856_2974972985871430_4927830833696710221_o.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	146589
                Can you work with the other supplier, to get front and rears for the E92 M3s???

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Can you work with the other supplier, to get front and rears for the E92 M3s???
                  Fronts yes, rear not that I've seen. I've also convinced René to consider doing a CSL 1:1 front bumper replica.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Fronts yes, rear not that I've seen. I've also convinced René to consider doing a CSL 1:1 front bumper replica.
                    Why? There’s already another very reputable company in Germany (not Alpha N) that makes a perfect fitment CSL replica bumper in Carbon at 3.7kg with in built crash bar at extremely good prices. I am surprised no one has approached them yet🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

Why? There’s already another very reputable company in Germany (not Alpha N) that makes a perfect fitment CSL replica bumper in Carbon at 3.7kg with in built crash bar at extremely good prices. I am surprised no one has approached them yet🤷🏻‍♂️
                      Who is that?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Who is that?
                        +1

In it for the answer!

Comment

I've yet to found one reputable enough - KTZ Performance is a dead end as of now. Can you PM me? A quality CSL replica is high on the list!

Comment

1,434 Followers, 41 Following, 145 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from ALSATEK (@alsatek)

I have UK and German friends that run their bumper and they report the fitment is on par with OE

Comment

https://instagram.com/alsatek?utm_medium=copy_link

I have UK and German friends that run their bumper and they report the fitment is on par with OE
                              Damn, good to know. Thank you!!

Check this out:

Comment

https://instagram.com/alsatek?utm_medium=copy_link

Thanks! I’m on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X