No announcement yet.

M-Track Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loaded up my pss autosoft version of NCS on my other laptop and the buttons match up with the ones in tutorial. I just need to read though the basics and get more comfortable with the program.
    I want to understand why I am doing what I am doing and not just blindly follow steps without a basic understanding of the process or implications of what's actually going on.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
      I loaded up my pss autosoft version of NCS on my other laptop and the buttons match up with the ones in tutorial. I just need to read though the basics and get more comfortable with the program.
      I want to understand why I am doing what I am doing and not just blindly follow steps without a basic understanding of the process or implications of what's actually going on.
      Lol i blindly followed the instructions even with the buttons not matching up. Turned out great.

But I agree the NCS interface is junk. I have no issues opening up bin files in Tuner Pro and making changes but NCS baffles me probably because all the commands are in german.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post

looks like the zcp bias is nearly the same as the 996 conversion according to this table:
        https://thebuildjournal.com/tech-gui...-chart-e46-m3/

will add this mod next

stock 1:54.1 – 60.6%F 39.4%R
        zcp 1:38.1 – 58 %F 42 %R
        996 1:39.1 – 58.1%F 41.9%R
        Nice. Looks like I should just code to ZCP brakes when I activate track mode.

Many thanks.
        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

I programmed m track mode a couple weeks ago. It’s nice to have, but I’m going to stick to DSC off for the track and spirited driving

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            Does somebody have a writeup for soldering a LED for the cluster?
            does somebody at least know which LED is required? just coded everything but the LED doesn't seem to be there.

and does the alternative method mean that DCS light on = track mode and DSC+brake lights on = complete off?
            2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

does somebody at least know which LED is required? just coded everything but the LED doesn't seem to be there.

and does the alternative method mean that DCS light on = track mode and DSC+brake lights on = complete off?

Its the light on the left side of the dash that is semi circle with an arrow on it.

Your statement above is correct regarding the alternative method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes i know thanks, but it doesn't light up. and i'm willing to solder the led into my cluster. just wanted to ask if anybody know which LED is required.

edit:
                i think i found the part: Yellow LEDs 3528 PLCC2
                Last edited by Zekarus; 08-05-2020, 12:26 PM.
                2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

yes i know thanks, but it doesn't light up. and i'm willing to solder the led into my cluster. just wanted to ask if anybody know which LED is required.
                  Ah sorry can't help you. Are you sure you don't have it? Did you do the cluster test? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXLrm4axswA

Comment

edit:
                    i think i found the part: Yellow LEDs 3528 PLCC2
                    you don't have to use yellow. people use different color ones, i like the ones where they go purple or blue to represent the /// stripe
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

and does the alternative method mean that
                      DCS light on = track mode
                      and
                      DSC+brake lights on = complete off?
                      No. Not on mine that's coded.
                      DSC light on means DSC is turned OFF (just like usual) one press
                      DSC+Brake Light means M-Track mode is on. long press
                      Last edited by old///MFanatic; 08-05-2020, 01:52 PM.
                      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                        No. Not on mine that's coded.
                        DSC light on means DSC is turned OFF (just like usual) one press
                        DSC+Brake Light means M-Track mode is on. long press
                        If you followed the tutorial then you have it vice versa. DSC light ON is M-track mode. DSC ON and orange BRAKE ON means DSC is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post
                          If you followed the tutorial then you have it vice versa. DSC light ON is M-track mode. DSC ON and orange BRAKE ON means DSC is off.
                          I did this back in 2013. So if there is a new coding out perhaps. But I can confirm that when I have the "long press" that lights up my DSC+Brake light it's in M-Track mode. I can get the DSC to intervene sometimes under very hard acceleration and turns. Without this settin (no buttons touched) it will intervene early and often otherwise in same driving scenario.
                          The first press just lights up the usual amber DSC warning triangle (like normal) and turns off DSC and never has intervened during aggressive driving.

Forgive me for asking, not trying to sound rude but have you personally done this to your own car without the M-Track light in dash?

To be honest I would much rather have the M-Track mode turned on with a quick press of button like the ZCP. If this infact does just that I will recode it again once confirmed it is in fact the case.
                          My car is an early '03.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                            I did this back in 2013. So if there is a new coding out perhaps. But I can confirm that when I have the "long press" that lights up my DSC+Brake light it's in M-Track mode. I can get the DSC to intervene sometimes under very hard acceleration and turns. Without this settin (no buttons touched) it will intervene early and often otherwise in same driving scenario.
                            The first press just lights up the usual amber DSC warning triangle (like normal) and turns off DSC and never has intervened during aggressive driving.

Forgive me for asking, not trying to sound rude but have you personally done this to your own car without the M-Track light in dash?

To be honest I would much rather have the M-Track mode turned on with a quick press of button like the ZCP. If this infact does just that I will recode it again once confirmed it is in fact the case.
                            My car is an early '03.
                            Yes I did it myself a couple weeks ago and do not have the green circle/arrow light and had to program the alternative lighting method. The functions perform as I described in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post
                              Yes I did it myself a couple weeks ago and do not have the green circle/arrow light and had to program the alternative lighting method. The functions perform as I described in my previous post.
                              Well that's interesting. Didn't know they could be coded differently, had this for 7 years. If that's the case anyone know if you can make the default without any buttons touched M-Track mode?
                              Where's TerraPhantm been lately? Wasn't this his coding crack?

Either way if DTC and CBC switch with this write-up I would love for it to be one press. Going to recode it this weekend to this latest write-up then.
                              Last edited by old///MFanatic; 08-07-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

From the doc:
                                This will make the DSC system act like the non-M DSC where a single press makes the DSC symbol light up, and a long press makes the DSC and Brake lights turn on
                                That is an interesting statement, the author makes no claim as to which light modes mean M-track mode. On a non-M DSC, the short press is partial-off and long press is full off. So following that logic, short press should be M-track and long press be full-off. But on the M3 DSC the triangle light is full off. So maybe to be consistent they made the triangle+brake light M-track mode and we have been wrong this whole time?

Is there a way to test this without driving the piss out of the car and trying to "feel" it?

Comment

Working...
                                X