M-Track Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post

I appreciate the in-depth answer. I assume the "S" is for sport? Can't say I'm a fan of the "S" but I've thought about switching the LED color before - typically not the type of thing I'd even think about but for some reason the standard indicator has always underwhelmed me.

I was never aware of the facts you touched on. I wasn't sure if this was a custom overlay of some sort but always enjoy reading information like this. It's interesting to imagine the decision-making process on a minor detail like this from a macro level, meaning from idea to implementation (weird thought but I enjoy it).
    I am also assuming "S" is for sport, but could be stability, slip or some German word that starts with "S". BMW advertised M-track mode as a setting to use primarily on track. Just a guess, but I think they did not want to confuse the consumer into thinking it was a sporty mode for street use, so they called it M-track mode rather than Sport traction control mode and got rid of the "S". It is basically the same symbol as DSC but without the triangle and the exclamation point.

Comment

Working...
    X