Avin Avant 4 - INSANE lighting issue - High-beams when using turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avin Avant 4 - INSANE lighting issue - High-beams when using turn signals

Guys, I want to throw this thing in the garbage. If it didn't have Carplay it would already be in the trash.

BEYOND FRUSTRATED. Please bear with me as I cannot stand this F-ing headunit anymore. Here's what's going on -

SOLVED - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_Gtei7z68----------Original desc - The Avin Avant 4 Ibus system is driving me INSANE. I need your help in fixing ...

Ibus - Unlocked + registered
    Firmware version - 7.2.1.12

Issues I'm having -

1. Light show when locking or unlocking car
    2. Radio always coming on when turning car on
    3. HIGH BEAMS STAYING ON when using turn signal (comfort feature)
    4. Coming home / leaving home screen is completely blank and I cannot change anything in this feature.

Happens all the time, no matter what I do.

Please help!!
    - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Find your nearest dumpster

It looks like the Avin is messing with the factory iBUS system and sending it random commands (just a guess). Will those issues happen with the iBUS app uninstalled?

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

It looks like the Avin is messing with the factory iBUS system and sending it random commands (just a guess). Will those issues happen with the iBUS app uninstalled?
      Yeah agreed, first step in debugging this would be to uninstall/turn off iBUS app.

It’s reports like this that keep putting me off the Avin. I’m very comfortable with hardware/software and having to put effort into getting this setup right, but I really worry that the Avin product is just too flakey to be reliable and sufficiently OE-like for me.
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

Yeah agreed, first step in debugging this would be to uninstall/turn off iBUS app.

It’s reports like this that keep putting me off the Avin. I’m very comfortable with hardware/software and having to put effort into getting this setup right, but I really worry that the Avin product is just too flakey to be reliable and sufficiently OE-like for me.

Thank you both for your quick responses - I was able to go in and disable it for now so that I don't have to blind oncoming traffic. I've also emailed Avin and Ibus support - will report back with what they say on all issues listed here.
        - Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

but I really worry that the Avin product is just too flakey to be reliable and sufficiently OE-like for me.

100% Avin is not an OE level product, tbh they dont' really strive to be. if you can live with the large buttons i'd switch to Dynavin if you want a more reliable user experience with good customer support

Comment

My buddy received his unit with one of the buttons upside down haha, typical china junk.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Removing the IBus app should 100% fix it. It's not so much "random" commands as much as the fact that they are activating bulb diagnostics (LSZ I/O Input switches) but setting the wrong bits and thus activating the wrong bulbs.

The diagnostic command is a set of bytes for which each bit represents a different output (bulb) to switch on.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Removing the IBus app should 100% fix it. It's not so much "random" commands as much as the fact that they are activating bulb diagnostics (LSZ I/O Input switches) but setting the wrong bits and thus activating the wrong bulbs.

The diagnostic command is a set of bytes for which each bit represents a different output (bulb) to switch on.

-Ted
                Wouldn't they all do it then? Seems somewhat rare although there was another similar thread here recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                  Wouldn't they all do it then? Seems somewhat rare although there was another similar thread here recently.
                  My guess is some setting is corrupted which is telling the app to set the bits for the high beams when comfort blinkers are requested. I assume they use the high beams for welcome home / follow me home lights, no?

Comment

UPDATE on this - the main issues of point 1,3 and 4 were FIXED by their first response to point 1 below.

Here's the video update I did while going through the head unit and I-Bus's response to my email asking for help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_Gtei7z68

Here are my points of concern, which are numbered, and their responses which I copied and pasted from their email reply, below.

1. Light show when locking or unlocking car - SOLVED
                    most important issue: the orange resler module was set to "E39" ex works. Since you got a E46 with LSZ instead of LCM you have to fit car type to solve the wrong lights etc. Current app 2.2.1.2 should bring a meassage for this - means "different car type in app and module". So please enter I-BUS app settings => Resler Module settings => car type and change it to E46. If it already was there. Please change to a wrong car type and back to E46.
                    https://wiki.ibus-app.de/index.php?t...he_.C3.A4ndern

2. Radio always coming on when turning car on
                    this was an issue for the unit itself. But there are 2 options to set. Enter factory settings => "other" and change "power status" from "on" to "memory the last" and "boot volume from "no" to e.g. "volume 4". Code for factory settings was 126
                    See our wiki too: https://xtrons.ibus-app.de/index.php...adio_vermeiden

3. HIGH BEAMS STAYING ON when using turn signal (comfort feature) - SOLVED BY #1
                    see pos 1

4. Coming home / leaving home screen is completely blank and I cannot change anything in this feature - SOLVED BY #1
                    well, this seem bit weird - sorry. Since you got the resler module, CH/LH was in the module only. So we may add a forward to this may. Please enter I-BUS app settings => Resler module settings => coming/leaving home
                    https://wiki.ibus-app.de/index.php?t...2FLeaving_Home

All in all, still would not recommend headunit. It's just one of those things when you're driving around enjoying your drive and something happens, and you say to yourself "that f-ing head unit man"

It doesn't bring me joy but at this point, I'm in it. The car play is worth it to me still. I wish they would just make a carplay ONLY version of this thing with a radio and coming home/leaving home feature that actually worked 10/10 times without failure. The issue I have now is that I-bus doesn't start when I start the car. So I'll be driving, use my turn signal, notice it only blinks once (the I-bus app has failed to start), I open the i-bus app, then the doors lock and comfort blink works. It sucks. When it works, it's fine, but the not working part really, really sucks. And this car isn't even a daily driver anymore.

Anyway, that's my frustrated/melancholy update for you guys.
                    - Jonathan

Comment

Same exact problem here. I posted it on this forum a month or two ago but didn’t get much help.

I will go ahead and try your method. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 02-24-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I have an issue with the car logo randomly popping up showing the hood is open...it definitely isn't, confirmed by physically checking the hood and the OEM dash does not show it is open...tried rebooting the unit, to no avail. Pretty annoying.

Comment

Working...
                        X