ID4Motion digital dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID4Motion digital dash

Not my thing, but cool to see new stuff still coming out for the E46 platform.

ID4Motion BMW E46 Digital Gauge Cluster First Test Drive. - YouTube

That's Flippin cool!

Main issue I have with digital dates are the ones that don't refresh fast enough. I need those gouges to be snappy and instant and this looks like it's there.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like how its the most beat E46 sedan that has a cluster that's worth more than the car itself.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

The whole point of m3 ownership is for the raw analog experience so issa no from me dogg.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

this company overpromised, underdelivered, and burned so many bridges with the s2000 community

avoid em like the plague

Comment

Looked at their pricing. 80 EUR for a theme? That's ridiculous. Green, red, yellow, blue all 80 EUR *each*.so of the more "sportier" ones where it's a bit more than a colour change are 200 EUR for a theme. 55 EUR for a startup splash screen! That sort of practise alone puts me off if I was considering them...

Last edited by Shonky; 02-16-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
              I like how its the most beat E46 sedan that has a cluster that's worth more than the car itself.
              Yeah well I mean if you’re a company developing a dash for a bunch of different cars I guess you would buy cheap beaters as your development platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
              Build Thread:
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

The OEM E46 m3 cluster is so look so good and simple, i never would put that digital dash in my car. It simply does not fit the E46. It looks very riced…
                …under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
                  The OEM E46 m3 cluster is so look so good and simple, i never would put that digital dash in my car. It simply does not fit the E46. It looks very riced…
                  I agree - I think the e46 is a bit old, probably more people with more modern cars with an analogue dash that would suit the upgrade to digital.

I realise you can’t tell unless you actually try it out, but the product does look well finished and executed. Wonder how we convince them to build a decent touchscreen stereo unit for the e46? 😛

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                  Build Thread:
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Looks like an expensive way to get a tamper dot when you revert to stock and grenade the value of your car

Comment

Looked on their site - they also have a digital dash with analog gauges.

Last edited by CybrSlydr; 02-17-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

One thing that attracted me to the F82 CS is the lightweight version of things, no dual climate control, knobs for spinning, no digital dash, straps for door handles, all analog in the area's it matters.

I think it's cool these companies are still releasing parts for the E46 M3, but I'll have to make a hard pass on this one, cool idea for car shows and what not, but driving experience, give me that analog needle please.

Comment

I love the stock cluster and wouldn't buy this either way.

That said, the screen they're using is too small, and why would they use a glossy material!?!?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                            this company overpromised, underdelivered, and burned so many bridges with the s2000 community…avoid em like the plague
                            Looks like a prime candidate for the all “won’t be around by the time you have problems with the gadget” team. And you’ll get the privilege of that notoriously good customer service in the meantime.

maw

Comment

Good amount of development if they did it correctly. Deleting the stock cluster (IKE) is quite the challenge, as it ties in with most systems within the car.

I’ve converted to an AIM MXG dash on my track car, and have tried to make it as factory as possible utilizing an emulator. Has been a lengthy process, but also fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X