No announcement yet.

S54 Stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there piston, conrod and crank questions coming or have you already selected an assembled kit?
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
      Are there piston, conrod and crank questions coming or have you already selected an assembled kit?
      Im thinking about Lang racing but don't u need custom pistons with higher lift cams

Carllio and JE Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

Im thinking about Lang racing but don't u need custom pistons with higher lift cams

Carllio and JE Pistons
        Good stuff. Wouldn't pistons with reliefs be a simpler approach than tuning a tune modified VANOS?
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Stick with the 288/280 for good 8300 max rpm power, is there a benfit to running higher lift cams?

In theory higher lift cams do make more power everywhere, and would probably be especially beneficial when increasing displacement.

Carllio and JE Pistons
          I think at least the "normal" duration Schricks do work with the standard pistons. The lift increase at TDC is minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Good stuff. Wouldn't pistons with reliefs be a simpler approach than tuning a tune modified VANOS?
            I don’t know what pistons with reliefs are

Comment

I don’t know what pistons with reliefs are
              Anthony, they dish out the pistons where the valves would hit the pistons. See the area circled in red on the attached photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	poston relief.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	20743
              MVP Track Time

Comment

Ok, here is what Ive gathered and some prices, Besides ARP Bolts, bearings, labor, what else am I missing?
                1 Schrick 288/280 14mm lift 1903.72
                1 Port and Polish ?
                24 Schrick DLC camshaft followers 1678.8
                1 Achilles Valve spring kit 14mm lift cams - springs, retainers, seats 974.5
                24 Valve guides- pick brand and price 228
                1 SuperTech valve kit Inconel and stainless steel- look for titanium 679.5
                1 Head gasket 200
                12 SuperTech exhaust valve stem seal 11.52
                12 SuperTech Intake valve stem seal 12.6
                48 SuperTech Valve lock 106.56
                Bottom End
                1 Lang Racing Stroker-custom pistons for piston valve clearance 6,995.00

Comment

apart from seals, gaskets, o-rings and similar pieces you'd probably want an ATI damper.
                  Would have to be close to needing higher flow injectors.
                  Also while you're in there clutch/FW etc
                  what about the exhaust and CSL style intake?

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                    apart from seals, gaskets, o-rings and similar pieces you'd probably want an ATI damper.
                    Would have to be close to needing higher flow injectors.
                    Also while you're in there clutch/FW etc
                    what about the exhaust and CSL style intake?
                    does an ATI damper fit with AC?

I want to run e85, so what is needed to support?

Any good lightweight clutches?

Will run either epic or ssv1, and a y pipe paired to a Corsa exhaust

and a carbon driveshaft

Comment

Porting work w/flow bench testing & assembly from a ‘reputable’ shop will run you anywhere from $1,500-3,000...depending on the depth of the porting work.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
                        Porting work w/flow bench testing & assembly from a ‘reputable’ shop will run you anywhere from $1,500-3,000...depending on the depth of the porting work.
                        What do you mean by the depth of the porting work? I would assume a simple port and polish is sufficient enough
                        Last edited by M/Anthony; 05-04-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

and a carbon driveshaft
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

does an ATI damper fit with AC?

I want to run e85, so what is needed to support?

Any good lightweight clutches?

Will run either epic or ssv1, and a y pipe paired to a Corsa exhaust

and a carbon driveshaft
                            The ATI comes with a pulley so youd hope so.
                            injectors for sure, not sure about pump capacity and longer term durabilty on E85. There are kits around.
                            There are single mass flywheel conversions around if you like a bit of noise and chatter, for a street car some forego the compromises.
                            Not sure there is a fully sorted carbon driveshaft on the market, seems like so many issues its hard to keep track.
                            For port work i would not go with anyone that offers stages.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

The ATI comes with a pulley so youd hope so.
                              injectors for sure, not sure about pump capacity and longer term durabilty on E85. There are kits around.
                              There are single mass flywheel conversions around if you like a bit of noise and chatter, for a street car some forego the compromises.
                              Not sure there is a fully sorted carbon driveshaft on the market, seems like so many issues its hard to keep track.
                              For port work i would not go with anyone that offers stages.
                              Why not someone that offers stages

Comment

Why not someone that offers stages
                                I think what Digger is hinting at, is that "stages" are kind of a marketing thing w/port work...in that there are different areas of the head that can be ported separately (depending on ones budget). You will hear the terms pocket porting, intake/exhaust porting, fully ported, etc. to describe varying levels/areas of port work. When you ask someone to port a head, the machine shop should ideally address all areas of a cylinder head, and not just one or two. I believe that the reason porters use "stages" is because most folks aren't fully educated on what's actually involved in port work...and "stages" make it easier for people to wrap their heads around-lol. It's a budget thing for some folks too, and shops know this. Also, some porters don't like to discuss flow numbers either because it's such a crapshoot-kinda like dyno's. Most people don't understand what flow numbers actually mean, or even how flow data is collected/converted to meaningful numbers.
                                Last edited by stash1; 05-05-2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X