Need advice on followers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Things probably have changed since our cars pile up mileage and age. Did the flat spotted follower damage the cam?

I think WPC or REM polishing would add some benefit of better oil film retention and thus less wear and heat. Not sure much of a difference it makes. I have REM polished the shafts that the follower sit on just to try some day. I think Partee Racing bought them...he hasn't asked for more so I don't think its a huge deal.

The problem is, at least with REM polishing, is the proportions of long shafts increases the cost significantly. I can get a ring and pinion gear set polished for half the price of a single cam.
    Would any of these processes affect the cam lobe dimensions in any meaningful way?
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

Would any of these processes affect the cam lobe dimensions in any meaningful way?
      REM polishing is a chemical polish so no. WPC apparently does not. These processes are micro-finishing so it enhances the surface.

A coating will decrease a clearance but it also acts as a sacrificial layer. I know a couple of people have used MicroBlue. In the past they recommended REM polishing and then performing the microblue treatment. I haven’t seen any long-term results from this process…would be interested to see some

Comment

Working...
      X