No announcement yet.

Karbonius Carbon Fibre Stock S54 Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone compare this + Eventuri vs full CSL airbox for noise and power? There may be a chance that this +Eventuri is around the same volume and power as a CSL airbox.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
      Can someone compare this + Eventuri vs full CSL airbox for noise and power? There may be a chance that this +Eventuri is around the same volume and power as a CSL airbox.
      I'm planning to try this and I think I have located a local person with a full CSL-style intake to help. This is just a test for sound, though, I'm planning to do any power runs.

Comment

Karbonius has said the plenum will be available today on their website and I have sent through the email list to them. If you're on the list, you should receive your discount code soon.

Today they also tested the plenum on the dyno and found it was +4HP, but noted that this is not really significant but certainly looks like there is no loss.

I hope to install mine this weekend and do some testing. With a bit of luck I'll post up some video before next week.

Comment

M3 E46 ADMISSION OEM STYLE | Karbonius Composites
          It's listed! Now, just waiting on the email

Comment

No email yet...
            2004 Dinan S3-R M3
            2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Keep me posted about the emails and I can follow up if they don't come through soon.
              Last edited by ///MBan; 11-03-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Cant wait for some more sounds clips. Really interested in one for my Z4M.
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Just received the email and coupon from Karbonius, I’m personally going to wait until Mban installs his and gives his impression before placing an order.

Comment

Got the email and ordered. Pretty nervous tbh. Ended up a bit pricier than expected because of how much shipping is.
                    I'm hoping the sound gets close to an actual CSL intake when used alongside a CAI.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMaflac View Post
                      Just received the email and coupon from Karbonius, I’m personally going to wait until Mban installs his and gives his impression before placing an order.
                      I started my installation yesterday but unfortunately I'm missing the metal bracket for the underside that is used to attach a rubber mount for an air hose. So, I'll need to get that part before I can complete the installation and test it. My guess is another two weeks. Pretty bummed - I was so keen yesterday to hear it for the first time.
                      Last edited by heinzboehmer; 11-04-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ///MBan View Post

I started my installation yesterday but unfortunately I'm missing the metal bracket for the underside that is used to attach a rubber mount for an air hose. So, I'll need to get that part before I can complete the installation and test it. My guess is another two weeks. Pretty bummed - I was so keen yesterday to hear it for the first time.
                        Zip ties to the rescue!
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Zip ties to the rescue!
                          I think zip ties would do it, but I need the screws as well so that the airbox is airtight. I was thinking about going to the hardware store and buying some screws but then I figured I would just wait until I get the proper part and not cause myself more headaches later!

Comment

I think zip ties would do it, but I need the screws as well so that the airbox is airtight. I was thinking about going to the hardware store and buying some screws but then I figured I would just wait until I get the proper part and not cause myself more headaches later!
                            Fair enough. Screws from the hardware store would definitely work though. In fact, I had to plug a threaded hole on the back of my Karb CSL airbox for the alternator cable bracket that I did not buy. Judging from the pics on Karb's site, that threaded hole is not present on this new airbox, so looks like you won't have to worry about that.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Don’t this bracket come on the airbox? Was it missing on your item? Are those threaded holes passed through? You can plug them and test.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Don’t this bracket come on the airbox? Was it missing on your item? Are those threaded holes passed through? You can plug them and test.
                                It's supposed to come with the airbox (you can see it in the pictures on their website), but it must just have been left out when mine was shipped. The holes do pass all the way through. In the long term I'd definitely want to run the proper bracket but I could plug the holes in the short-term. What I'm worried about is it turning into a pain installing the bracket when the airbox is installed on the engine. I'm not keen to pull it all off again, buy new hose clamps, etc.

I have some running around to do today and I think I'll pick up some suitable screws and decide over night.

Comment

Working...
                                X