Megan Racing headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

The thread is gone with M3forum but that actually was confirmed. The first three batches were exactly AA headers made in the same factory. Then the thread was lost. The first batch seemed to be AA rejects because the flanges to the head were welded in the wrong direction. Megan Racing fixed them all no questions asked, and paid for shipping. Mine is from the second batch and I only know of two where the flanges were slightly off. One guy bored it out slightly and the other sent them back. There were at least 30 of us in the second batch.
    Lol...I was just trying to be nice...but AA does not make headers nor should they. The markup is significant which I'm OK with as long as they make sure they fit. But damn!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Lol...I was just trying to be nice...but AA does not make headers nor should they. The markup is significant which I'm OK with as long as they make sure they fit. But damn!
      I checked their website and they don't sell them anymore from what I see. It looks like they're done making exhausts for the E46 in general. A few website may have old stock like Urotuning. I guess that explains why they didn't bother going after Megan for stealing their headers.
      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

Found this.
        Package Contents: Megan Racing Stainless Steel Header - MR-SSH-BE46M3   Application Fitment Guide: Model: Years: For BMW M3 (E46 LHD ONLY) 2000-2006   Megan Racing Stainless Steel Headers are made of thick T-304 Stainless Steel and are mandrel-bent to form and fit your particular application with the best performance r

The ebay ones sell pretty quick and they usually only sell 50 at a time a few times a year. Looks like they're sold out right now. If you message the person with the listing for the Megan Racing Sec 1 & 2 on eBay they'll tell when they're expecting more inventory.
        I just bought a set using this site. No affiliation.

I figured they're cheap enough and I could charge back with my credit card as a last resort if I needed to, so I took a flyer. I've never had a set of Megans before but I think these are legit. I'm building an S54 at the moment and have the head in my garage. These headers lined up perfectly.

I can take some pics for the header pros to see if we can verify. Any areas I should focus on? Collectors? Flanges?

Just need to get my hands on a catted section 1 now...

Comment

I wouldn't bother, it's already well known that the AA/Megan headers are fairly well made and line up/install well.

My issue with them is how much the stud/nut is obstructed by the lip of the flanges. You can't get a flat box/open end wrench on them, only sockets or maybe some sort of offset wrench.

Still nice to not have the big cats in the way, but a flat flange would make it easier to get to the nut.

Not an issue for you, with the engine out of the car, of course.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I just posted because I thought finding Megan Headers was becoming difficult. Maybe I am misinformed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              I wouldn't bother, it's already well known that the AA/Megan headers are fairly well made and line up/install well.

My issue with them is how much the stud/nut is obstructed by the lip of the flanges. You can't get a flat box/open end wrench on them, only sockets or maybe some sort of offset wrench.

Still nice to not have the big cats in the way, but a flat flange would make it easier to get to the nut.

Not an issue for you, with the engine out of the car, of course.
              I will say, getting them off was an absolute breeze but the recess can be a little annoying when installing.
              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
              X