Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior parts needed to go from sunroof to non-sunroof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently read a DIY that spoke of a piece of padding/sound insulation that went between the roof and headliner but cannot see this on realOEM nor find mention of it elsewhere outside of the DIY I read which I think was a ZHP, so that may have been the difference.

Question, if using Slon roof bow no welding is required during installation correct? Is this a DIY project or is it too easy to scratch/break stuff unless you are well versed in this realm?

Seems to me ito a PITA job but not necessarily that difficult, I would have the glass taken out/installed by the pros.

So tempted to start getting roof rails/headliner etc. but will only do this if it's a DIY-able, I understand anything can be DIY with the right skills/tools, but you probably get my drift. It would be a learn as I go type of deal.
    Last edited by Cubieman; 04-15-2022, 05:59 AM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Real CSLs don’t have the sound deadening, and I chose not to bother with it as well. Easy addition after the fact if it’s annoying. https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ut-not-the-csl

The part numbers are 51488229734 and 51488229733

Comment

Working...
      X