No announcement yet.

Smg cranks but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the SMG computer plugged in? Did you connect one of the DME connectors to the SMG by accident?

Here's my quick method to starting an SMG car with an SMG issue. Connect everything like it should be, 100% and you'll need an EWS deleted DME installed. Then access the EWS module, disconnect the wiring harness, slightly trim a 20a fuse and stick it into the connector. The EWS connect has (2) big spade terminals that almost perfectly fit a fuse, what you have done is now bypassed the EWS and when you turn the key to crank the engine will crank. With the engine cranking the DME will see the engine RPM and start. *Note you can do this with a stock DME, but you have to be able to plug in the EWS connector to the module AND jump those wires, it's just a bit more of pain to do.
    '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
      Here's my quick method to starting an SMG car with an SMG issue.
      If the SMG has low pressure then I don't think OP car can crank, but it does. I think he might have issue of EWS authenticating with the DME. He might need to code out the EWS.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
        If the SMG has low pressure then I don't think OP car can crank, but it does. I think he might have issue of EWS authenticating with the DME. He might need to code out the EWS.
        Re-read what I wrote...
        '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Ok from the codes I don’t think it is dme, shows that in my inpa codes. Would a pedal code affect my start?

it currently cranks because I coded out the clutch safety, I will try deleting ews
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X