climate comfort windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

climate comfort windscreen

Is there a part number for windshield without green strip and with climate comfort and rain sensor ?

According to my research, 51317059703 has the same number with or without a green strip.

How can I order glass without green strips?

S354A = Green Strip
    S358A = Climate Comfort
    S521A = Rain Sensor

51317059703 S354A=YES / S358A=YES / S521A=YES
    51317059703 S354A=NO / S358A=YES / S521A=YES

Just got mine replaced with the 703 part number- can confirm it does not have the green strip after all
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by syoshi0311 View Post
      Is there a part number for windshield without green strip and with climate comfort and rain sensor ?

According to my research, 51317059703 has the same number with or without a green strip.

How can I order glass without green strips?

S354A = Green Strip
      S358A = Climate Comfort
      S521A = Rain Sensor

51317059703 S354A=YES / S358A=YES / S521A=YES
      51317059703 S354A=NO / S358A=YES / S521A=YES
      This is for group buys, ask questions in the regular E46 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

This is for group buys, ask questions in the regular E46 thread.
        I'm sorry I made a mistake, but I didn't know how to delete the post.

Comment

terra can you move this?

Comment

I am trying to get my windshield replaced with a climate comfort windscreen but the dealer is asking for the vin to figure what glass my car came with, not the climate comfort but just the rain sensor glass. Could someone with a factory climate comfort+rain sensor car help me out with a vin so I can get this ordered? They are saying they can’t order it since my vin doesn’t show it came with one.
            www.twinperformanceengineering.com

Comment

And while we’re at is, what is climate comfort and green strip, and what do they do?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                And while we’re at is, what is climate comfort and green strip, and what do they do?

maw
                There is a Redish video explaining climate comfort. They said something about blocking IR to reduce cabin temps. I'm thinking upper green strip is just a tint to reduce direct sunlight/glare at the eyes.
                Last edited by Slideways; 07-28-2023, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

There is a Redish video explaining climate comfort. They said something about blocking some UV rays to reduce cabin temps. I'm thinking upper green strip is just a tint to reduce direct sunlight/glare at the eyes.
                  Pretty sure it blocks IR. Not sure if it blocks UV as well.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Pretty sure it blocks IR. Not sure if it blocks UV as well.
                    That's right, IR and apparently also messes with radar detectors.

Comment

One could accomplish blocking IR and UV with a full windshield ceramic tint. Even at 80% which is the least bit noticeable, it could have a more positive impact than the OEM climate comfort screen.

I just had my windshield replaced with the standard OEM glass matched to my vin. Then I had the entire windshield tinted with Xpel XR 80% air tint. It reduces glare from oncoming headlights, blocks heat, stop UV / IR, and shatter resistance. It’s pretty much unnoticeable.

Good luck.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by c watson; 07-29-2023, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Does the BMW comfort windshield have a cutout in it for things like toll road passes and radar detectors? I remember seeing these cut outs in Benz S-classes during the early 2000s.

The ceramic tint is a nice option. How's the optical clarity?

Comment

For E46s if you actually look in real OEM website, climate comfort is not the same as infrared

When you guys are asking for climate comfort, I assume you're actually asking for the infrared windshield which is the purple tinted windshield that blocks out uv/heat/ir from the sun.

There was already another forum post five pages long about the this

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...oem-windshield

You want infrared windshield.

The part number for the coupe infrared windshield with rain sensor and no green band is 51317059703

Straight from the real OEM site

I already have somebody locally that used that part number I gave them and got it for their E46 M3 and it looks Great. They ordered it from the local BMW parts desk.

And the pictures I attached one shows the part number from real OEM website, The other picture shows the infrared windshield on a car that a person I know locally has and the other picture shows how to easily tell the infrared windshield from others.

It's the only windshield that has the trapezoid looking section in the center at the top. Even the non- rain sensor version of the infrared windshield has the trapezoid cutout that's for the toll passes etc... And then on the rain sensor version it has the rain sensor right underneath it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	227392

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	227393

Name: