OEM Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Windshield

Is there a part number for OEM windshield without green strip and without climate comfort ?

S354A = Green Strip
    S358A = Climate Comfort
    S521A = Rain Sensor

51317059703 S354A=YES / S358A=YES / S521A=YES
    51317059703 S354A=NO / S358A=YES / S521A=YES

51317019546 S354A=YES / S358A=YES / S521A=YES
    51317019546 S354A=NO / S358A=YES / S521A=YES

51317019544 S354A=YES / S358A=YES / S521A=NO
    51317019544 S354A=NO / S358A=YES / S521A=NO

51318236301 S354A=YES / S358A=NO / S521A=NO

51317006322 S354A=YES / S358A=NO / S521A=YES

51317059702 S354A=YES / S358A=NO / S521A=YES

Any info available?

Comment

Originally posted by act9 View Post
      Any info available?
      Isn't climate comfort UV resistance? Why would you not want that?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Isn't climate comfort UV resistance? Why would you not want that?
        Yes, that would be desired, but looking to avoid the purplish hue of the climate comfort:

Last edited by act9; 09-18-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I'd love to have climate comfort glass, didn't know that was an option. Anyone have experience with it that can speak to its effectiveness? My car is a furnace here in LA

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
            I'd love to have climate comfort glass, didn't know that was an option. Anyone have experience with it that can speak to its effectiveness? My car is a furnace here in LA
            I think every car came standard with Climate comfort. Green strip too. The green strip can sometimes look blue against the sky. Rain sensor is not standard.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

I think every car came standard with Climate comfort. Green strip too. The green strip can sometimes look blue against the sky. Rain sensor is not standard.
              At least in the US, standard was the green strip, no climate comfort.

Climate comfort is a pretty nice feature, but one downside is that it blocks radar detector signal.

Comment

Originally posted by act9 View Post

Yes, that would be desired, but looking to avoid the purplish hue of the climate comfort:

Why would you avoid the purple goodness 😁

I have the infared windshield on my sedan. There's a cutout center top area for toll passes and radar detectors
                Btw you can't really see the purple hue in person like on the Mercedes and land rovers, the bmw glass is much more subdued... It really only pops in pictures when used with polarized filters mainly.
                Last edited by nextelbuddy; 09-19-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Why would you avoid the purple goodness 😁

I have the infared windshield on my sedan. There's a cutout center top area for toll passes and radar detectors
                  Btw you can't really see the purple hue in person like on the Mercedes and land rovers, the bmw glass is much more subdued... It really only pops in pictures when used with polarized filters mainly.
                  Wow. I want a climate comfort windshield now. I doubt you can actually see the purple. Or at least it'll be something i'll get used to. Are the windshields on every e46 the same? Mine has an annoying amount of pitting and theres LOTS of great used option at ridiculously low prices

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

At least in the US, standard was the green strip, no climate comfort.

Climate comfort is a pretty nice feature, but one downside is that it blocks radar detector signal.
                    No way mine has it, no purple hue (which would probably complement my steel grey) and it gets insanely hot when facing the sun. Abnormally hot, like a magnifying glass. It needs replacing since it is pitted and has a crack so if I can, I am getting climate comfort. Anyone know the best supplier for this?

Comment

Have had the car for 15 years and have never noticed this purplish hue. I'll try to look harder beginning tomorrow.

Comment

I also recently installed the fully loaded ""green windscreen, green shade band, climate comfort windscreen and rain sensor" and do not notice the purplish hue at all. Makes me think it was only on early versions.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
                          I also recently installed the fully loaded ""green windscreen, green shade band, climate comfort windscreen and rain sensor" and do not notice the purplish hue at all. Makes me think it was only on early versions.
                          despite climate comfort often being associated with the purple hue, its actually different than Infrared. the purple hue is when you have an infrared windshield installed which is different than climate comfort. In real oem you need to find glass that has all your options + infrared option. I made that mistake when i ordered the euro climate comfort windshield for my sedan from germany and when it came in there was no purple hue and there was no visible FILM line in the glass. i sent it back and made sure to find a part in realoem that said Infrared nd when it came in it had the purple hue and FILM embedded between the glass layers.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                            despite climate comfort often being associated with the purple hue, its actually different than Infrared. the purple hue is when you have an infrared windshield installed which is different than climate comfort. In real oem you need to find glass that has all your options + infrared option. I made that mistake when i ordered the euro climate comfort windshield for my sedan from germany and when it came in there was no purple hue and there was no visible FILM line in the glass. i sent it back and made sure to find a part in realoem that said Infrared nd when it came in it had the purple hue and FILM embedded between the glass layers.
                            Do you have specific part #? I went with part # 51317059703 from this CSL diagram.

Comment

I'm from the ancient E30 world... what does climate comfort physically do?

Comment

Working...
                              X