Castrol Edge Supercar Half Price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    Oh - I don't thikn that Castrol is the right stuff. The black bottle of "Eurocar" was their slightly lower teir stuff. Our TWS became supercar and edge. Maybe they've consolidated, but at one point several years ago, I remember there being a gold bottle and a black bottle of 10w60.

I want to say that castrol isn't that great anymore, but I don't know for certain. I've switched to motul for everything as I do know they are top teir. Check out their new ester 5w50 oil. It's like $65 for 5 L jug. I bet it's similar to Redline's full ester 5w50 (popular with s65/s85) and Amsoil 5w50 - really good stuff but harder to find/more expensive.
    I'm trying to move on from Castrol as well. Since I have 1.5L left of the Edge Supercar, I only picked up 4L of the Edge Euro Car to complete my next oil change. Then I can start using Motul after that. From my past oil analysis, I didn't see any wear differences between LiquiMoly, Red Line or Castrol Edge Supercar...at least on my car.

Comment

You can get the Motul in 5l jugs for under $50 on amazon or eeuroparts or other places which is a normal price just fyi.
      This the oil you're referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
        For 10w60 yes, though there are other motul 10w60s.

It used to be under $50, but $53 ain't bad. I think I saw it for $48 on eeuroparts.com.

But I'm thinking of moving to this next:

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Oh - I don't thikn that Castrol is the right stuff. The black bottle of "Eurocar" was their slightly lower teir stuff. Our TWS became supercar and edge. Maybe they've consolidated, but at one point several years ago, I remember there being a gold bottle and a black bottle of 10w60.

I want to say that castrol isn't that great anymore, but I don't know for certain. I've switched to motul for everything as I do know they are top teir. Check out their new ester 5w50 oil. It's like $65 for 5 L jug. I bet it's similar to Redline's full ester 5w50 (popular with s65/s85) and Amsoil 5w50 - really good stuff but harder to find/more expensive.
          Whether this Euro Car is the "right" stuff or not is still TBD - until my oil analysis on it when it's time to use it on the next go round. This is still being called Edge. Beside the bottle being black, it also come in at a slightly lower volume - Quart instead of Liter...this is something that I had missed. That said, I won't be hesitant in using it.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Castrol_EuroCar_F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	261981 Click image for larger version  Name:	Castrol_EuroCar_B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	261982

Comment

It's not TBDI don'tthink. I just remembered that the tale-tell sign is that lack of reference to titanium on euro car. That was tws' claim to fame. And tws was never in a quart.

Comment

It's not TBDI don'tthink. I just remembered that the tale-tell sign is that lack of reference to titanium on euro car. That was tws' claim to fame. And tws was never in a quart.
              If you look at the back of the label (2nd picture), the first sentence of the black bottle clearly brags about their titanium technology used in the Euro Car formulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post

If you look at the back of the label (2nd picture), the first sentence of the black bottle clearly brags about their titanium technology used in the Euro Car formulation.
                No one can read those, BTW... but we know where to look. Thanks,

maw

Comment

You can get the Motul in 5l jugs for under $50 on amazon or eeuroparts or other places which is a normal price just fyi.
                  Have you looked at the difference between the Xcess and XClean lines? I'm thinking about using it this year (5w40) for the S55. TIA.

maw

Comment

Good eyes lol, I can barely read it. I think the other thing to look for would be where it says it's for M cars and audi r8

Comment

EuroCar.jpg
                      Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

No one can read those, BTW... but we know where to look. Thanks,

maw
                      Sorry about that I guessed the compression when attached to the forum messed everything up as I can read the original pictures on my computer perfectly fine. Here's a 2nd attempt at the EuroCar label zoomed in.​

Good eyes lol, I can barely read it. I think the other thing to look for would be where it says it's for M cars and audi r8
                      It say "Approved for BMW M-Models"
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Xmetal; 04-20-2024, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Hard to beat Motul 5L for $41.50 from THmotorsports. I got 4 of them shipped for $10. No need to even bother looking for LM or Castrol deals. from what I have read, its better than LM too

2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                          Hard to beat Motul 5L for $41.50 from THmotorsports. I got 4 of them shipped for $10. No need to even bother looking for LM or Castrol deals. from what I have read, its better than LM too

https://thmotorsports.com/10421049-motul-106144
                          More than 1100 ppm zinc out of the bottle? That's awesome. Might have to try some out.
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I’d watch for oil sitting too long on shelf - I’ve been told the additives separate after a few years and will lead to varnishing of the internals/other issues over time

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

https://thmotorsports.com/10421049-motul-106144
                              Once shipping and taxes are factored in, it's more expensive than buying from Amazon. At least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
                                I’d watch for oil sitting too long on shelf - I’ve been told the additives separate after a few years and will lead to varnishing of the internals/other issues over time
                                I used all 20 liters in my cars already
                                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X