No announcement yet.

Castrol Edge Supercar Half Price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data sheets pulled from the Castrol website seem to back up their comments of the oil being the same with a new name.

Edge Supercar.pdf

Edge Euro Car.pdf

Comment

I placed my order with Autozone on March 15. They cancelled the order on March 16. I am still trying to get my money back after numerous calls to their 800 number.

If you place an Autozone order and they cancel - expect multiple fights with incompetent people who cannot figure out why you aren't getting your money back. Empty promises and "I'll send some department another email request".

Buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
        I placed my order with Autozone on March 15. They cancelled the order on March 16. I am still trying to get my money back after numerous calls to their 800 number.

If you place an Autozone order and they cancel - expect multiple fights with incompetent people who cannot figure out why you aren't getting your money back. Empty promises and "I'll send some department another email request".

Buyer beware.
        Oof thanks for the heads up.
        You're a patient man -- after two days I'd be calling my credit card for a chargeback.

Comment

if anyone finds any deals please let me know

Comment

Sure, 5l jug of Motul xpower. for $46 rn on amzn. Elite lubrication brand, would assume higher base stocks than everyone but redline, maybe amsoil or some other boutique stuff. Slightly higher viscosity rating than castrol, but you could also buy a jug of x-cess 5w40 for your last liter and that'll last 5 oil changes. Motuls says this X oil line is miscible. Buying a single bottle ($20+) kills the deal.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 ยท DCT ยท Slicktop ยท Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 ยท Coupe ยท 6spd ยท Slicktop ยท zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

last year Advanced Auto was selling these for $7 a liter. i have 24 liters on my shelves... im all set

but keep an eye out at advance auto,,

Comment

O'reily has a sale type in memorialday 20% off and free shipping. comes out to around 11-12 dollars a bottle shipped
                Find the right Castrol Edge Full Synthetic Motor Oil for your vehicle at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Place your order online and pick it up at your local store for fre

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post
                  O'reily has a sale type in memorialday 20% off and free shipping. comes out to around 11-12 dollars a bottle shipped
                  https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...1/edge1060euro
                  Thanks for that.

Hopefully I won't get Autozoned.

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post
                    https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...1/edge1060euro
                    Bought a 12-pack... at this rate, I won't need oil for years.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Bought a 12-pack... at this rate, I won't need oil for years.
                      How long can this stuff sit on the shelf? The deal last year I got in on, I ended up with bottles with date codes from like 2018 or something like that. I'd think, sealed, with a reasonable amount of climate control, it could last a long time in the bottle.

EDIT: Autozone has the 10W-60 Euro Car--what's different here? Supercar, EuroCar...sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

EDIT: Autozone has the 10W-60 Euro Car--what's different here? Supercar, EuroCar...sheesh.

See the first post on this page.

Comment

RMeuropean has Castrol Edge Euro Car 10W-60 for $10.07/liter

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
                            RMeuropean has Castrol Edge Euro Car 10W-60 for $10.07/liter

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/...f-9e975955a592
                            Thanks for the heads up ๐Ÿ‘ They also have Motul 8100 X-POWERโ€‹ 10W60 for $10.27. I picked up some Castrol and Motul as well.

Comment

You can get the Motul in 5l jugs for under $50 on amazon or eeuroparts or other places which is a normal price just fyi.

Comment

Oh - I don't thikn that Castrol is the right stuff. The black bottle of "Eurocar" was their slightly lower teir stuff. Our TWS became supercar and edge. Maybe they've consolidated, but at one point several years ago, I remember there being a gold bottle and a black bottle of 10w60.

I want to say that castrol isn't that great anymore, but I don't know for certain. I've switched to motul for everything as I do know they are top teir. Check out their new ester 5w50 oil. It's like $65 for 5 L jug. I bet it's similar to Redline's full ester 5w50 (popular with s65/s85) and Amsoil 5w50 - really good stuff but harder to find/more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X