Brake pads for Track days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Any chance that course is available to watch anywhere, either free or paid?
    It was a paid Webinar. I recommend that you check his website to see if you can pay for it after the fact. https://speedsecrets.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post

If you are into ABS on Shenandoah, then you are likely over-braking. Or having problems modulating. Shenandoah is an inertia track. Getting into ABS is just going to really slow you down give it is 20-21 turns (depending upon configuration). When I instruct Shenandoah I am emphasizing brake release based upon their experience and tires. Were you using an Instructor?

There are a lot of turns there that you can safely close on a car ahead by braking better. Braking is a far more complex subject than most drivers understand. Ross Bentley gave a 2-1/2 hour class on just braking. It was great material that benefited everyone who attended.
      Entirely likely I was over-braking, that's definitely one of my current weak points as I progress through this HPDE journey. Appreciate the call-out, it's good to get someone else's perspective. Unfortunately I didn't have an instructor as the organization ran out (?), needless to say I likely won't be running with them again. I've got it on my list to dive into some of Ross's other material on braking.

Comment

are you looking for track pads for stock brakes ?
        I have a set of G-loc track pads , used one weekend .

Comment

Working...
        X