Brey Krause rear deck Harness mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

You keeping stock seats? Why not use quick fits?
    QFPs like to ride up if not used with sub straps. Using actual six points are a better option.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Does anyone know where these might be in stock? The places I've tried all say 6-7 weeks out from BK

Comment

I seem to have nothing but trouble with Brey Krause products, no idea why I keep buying them. Installing my rear deck harness mount kit right now and none of the harness bolt holes are threaded properly 🙄 looks like whatever they were using to create the threads was worn out. Guess I’m going to buy a tap. Extremely poor QC out of this company.

Click image for larger version  Name:	462F360E-89D8-406D-87FA-A7737DF55DC2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	173460
        Attached Files

Comment

BK remains one of those great forum mysteries to me.

People seemingly purchase the brand because of the initial blessing and propagation from a couple of forum members yet is a far cry from properly engineered, well-made parts.

They can't even tap a fucking hole for fuck's sake.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            BK remains one of those great forum mysteries to me.

People seemingly purchase the brand because of the initial blessing and propagation from a couple of forum members yet is a far cry from properly engineered, well-made parts.

They can't even tap a fucking hole for fuck's sake.
            It’s the only game in town unfortunately as far as I can tell for what they sell. Cool ideas but bottom of the barrel execution. I’ve had to grind their parts down (pretty much every product of theirs I’ve installed), buy missing bolts, and now attempt to tap a threaded harness bolt hole, which doesn’t seem like it’s going to work doing it by hand … threads are too poorly cut. Guess these are going back.

edit: I must have Stockholm syndrome though, already put another on order through HMS because like I said, no other option. At least I’ll be able to check these in store before accepting them. Price has also dropped $60 since I got these a couple months ago so I’ll get a few bucks back once I return these.
            Last edited by repoman89; 06-24-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Like you said only game in town. I wish there was better options for us to run harnesses. I made a order for the rear deck mount and was told 6-7 weeks out. Isn't this company out of PA?

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                I seem to have nothing but trouble with Brey Krause products, no idea why I keep buying them. Installing my rear deck harness mount kit right now and none of the harness bolt holes are threaded properly 🙄 looks like whatever they were using to create the threads was worn out. Guess I’m going to buy a tap. Extremely poor QC out of this company.

Click image for larger version Name:	462F360E-89D8-406D-87FA-A7737DF55DC2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	173460
                Buddy had a nightmare of a time with the seat mounts from them. He's tall and expected to use the bottom hole and it didn't clear the seat. He calls them like "WTF guys?" They responded that they can't keep up with the Nogaro seat revisions but don't tell the consumer that this is a possible issue
                2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

It’s the only game in town unfortunately as far as I can tell for what they sell. Cool ideas but bottom of the barrel execution. I’ve had to grind their parts down (pretty much every product of theirs I’ve installed), buy missing bolts, and now attempt to tap a threaded harness bolt hole, which doesn’t seem like it’s going to work doing it by hand … threads are too poorly cut. Guess these are going back.

edit: I must have Stockholm syndrome though, already put another on order through HMS because like I said, no other option. At least I’ll be able to check these in store before accepting them. Price has also dropped $60 since I got these a couple months ago so I’ll get a few bucks back once I return these.
                  Funny for the seat mounts I helped him on a took the included hardware straight to my bench grinder because the clearance wasn't even remotely close. And I was looking to order the deck mounts before my next track day 😐

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Same thing happened with my seat mounts. I could'nt use the bottom hole. I actually cracked a piece of the seat trying to get it to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                      Same thing happened with my seat mounts. I could'nt use the bottom hole. I actually cracked a piece of the seat trying to get it to fit.
                      Damn my friend wouldn't stop blowing up my phone about that too.

Comment

HMS just called about my new order to let me know this part is discontinued 😂 new threads at a machine shop it is, if I can find someone to take such a minor job

Comment

repoman89 serious? did you speak to Hans?

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                            repoman89 serious? did you speak to Hans?
                            nope, I spoke to someone named Mark. He didn’t know why it was discontinued and mentioned that it might just be for the year while they catch up on higher volume stuff.

Comment

Well I have an order in with them for it so we will see if they tell me anything.

Comment

nope, I spoke to someone named Mark. He didn’t know why it was discontinued and mentioned that it might just be for the year while they catch up on higher volume stuff.
                                Just called because I was curious-- sounds like it's just temporarily discontinued.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X