Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSL SMG Pump Fluid Reservoir sitting too high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL SMG Pump Fluid Reservoir sitting too high?

Bought the OE CSL SMG reservoir for my CSL air box swap, along with the OE bracket. However I am puzzled as to why the reservoir sits too high to the point it makes contact with the hood. Looking at the CSL car’s engine bay, the reservoir sit to the side and low on the shock tower and the threaded stud. I thought the reservoir bracket bolted on the factory shock tower stud. Is there another bracket that is needed that is not provided by Turner’s CSL box kit? Or is drilling to the shock tower the way to do it? Some feedback (especially with photos) on this would super helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by /M3; 05-23-2022, 09:18 AM.

There is a photo in this thread that might help:

They're all in Germany and will take forever to ship. I'm excited and don't want to wait 3 months. Are any of you guys just moving it and still using the same hose? I got the bracket on the way but I would think the hose on it is too short.

There might but a stud you can get a nut on in that location.

Comment

Thanks, saw that thread. Once you mount the bracket to the existing stud, the reservoir sits too high. The only solution I see is drill two holes into the strut tower and mount the bracket with a bolt and nut.

Comment

Originally posted by /M3 View Post
        Thanks, saw that thread. Once you mount the bracket to the existing stud, the reservoir sits too high. The only solution I see is drill two holes into the strut tower and mount the bracket with a bolt and nut.
        If you have a rivnut tool that might be a better solution. Don’t want to need to jack the car up every time you need to move the reservoir.

Still need to drill holes though.

What does the bracket look like?

Comment

Did I talk to you about this? I can’t remember.
          give me an hr and I’ll take a pic of mine. It’s mounted to the bolt coming out of the strut tower but someone made an upside down L shape bracket
          Last edited by COVID-19; 05-24-2022, 08:51 AM.
          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

If you have a rivnut tool that might be a better solution. Don’t want to need to jack the car up every time you need to move the reservoir.

Still need to drill holes though.

What does the bracket look like?
            https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h0LbgszEAQYAiA BEgLPJPD_BwE

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
            Did I talk to you about this? I can’t remember
            No

Comment

I bought mine used and someone made a custom bracket to fit a S/C kit. Maybe you might be able to make something similar. Don’t even have to buy the small bracket, just bolt it to the reservoir.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AE57EBA5-103B-41C1-888F-3E51F8198314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	169249 Click image for larger version  Name:	07B05D30-A829-41FB-B786-A73C778AFEE5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	169248
              06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Perfect, that’s exactly what I needed to know. I’ll make one easy.

Comment

Upon digging around the garage, found the spacers that came with the dual pipe Supersprint section 2, that I didn’t end up using. Like it was made for this purpose. Glad I didn’t have to drill a hole or two in the strut tower.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by /M3 View Post
                    Upon digging around the garage, found the spacers that came with the dual pipe Supersprint section 2, that I didn’t end up using. Like it was made for this purpose. Glad I didn’t have to drill a hole or two in the strut tower.
                    What is the size nut used for the strut tower threaded “bolt”?

Comment

Working...
                    X